Strategic Roadmaps

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Roadmunk is the ultimate way to organize and share your roadmaps

Beoordeeld op 5-6-2018

The ability to take my roadmaps out of Google Docs, OmniGraffle, or Sketch and turn them into something that I could maintain and share makes everyone happy, especially the teams making decisions based on the roadmap.

Pluspunten

The flexibility! There are so many ways to configure your roadmaps and provide different views of the data for different stakeholders. The ability to combine Roadmunk with Jira has been very helpful for my team. The roadmaps just look great.

I received a lot of help from the staff when asking questions and they even offered a training session.

Minpunten

While it does roadmaps very well, I would more comfortable with a lower price point and potentially different options for user levels.

I've been stumped by the user interface a few times and have found that it is NOT infinitely flexible. I think it is deceptively restrictive - it looks like you can do anything, but you can only do a lot.

Like many SaaS apps, the sales funnel was very automated and I received an abundance of emails.

Bobbie
  • Sector: Maritiem
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Pleasantly Surprised Every Time I Use Roadmunk

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2020

I am the sole user on our team, and the only one 'playing' with the product to get the most out of it. I don't have very much time, but when I am able to dedicate attention to entering our broad-ranging roadmapping wishlist items, I always walk away a little bit delighted and a little bit excited about what we'll be able to show. It does take strategy to make decisions about what fields to include, and that is the tough part to figure out. I scheduled office hours for a 1:1 coaching session, and it was incredibly helpful. The consultant 'got me' exactly. Just the right amt of info for that moment. Of course I'll have more.

Pluspunten

Roadmunk strikes the right balance between allowing you to add custom fields your data and providing prompts and formats for you to include common fields for roadmapping. One example is the ability to toggle between setting dates and putting in buckets. Hand in hand with that is a UI and nomenclature that is on-target and mostly avoids introducing confusion. Care was obviously taken in this respect.
I can also say that the sharing options (to HTML, etc.) are what absolutely seals the deal. Stakeholders can have access to the (constantly updated) product without forcing them to have accounts.

Minpunten

Sub-items are sluggish to add and move around. As someone who is a power user of Gannt charting programs, it's a little bit of a challenge to get used to the way sub-items work in Roadmunk. I would like to see the ability to configure views so that you can roll up all sub-items under a parent and treat the parent as the only thing that matters in that view. That said, I'm really glad the functionality is included, and I'm optimistic about the evolution.
I also don't like how pale and small some of the UI elements are. I have some mild visual impairment, so the colors help a lot. I would like to see the ability to scale up or down the ratio of colored area to text size.

Anir
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Not for small organizations

Beoordeeld op 3-8-2021

Pluspunten

The setup is fairly easy, but that also means there are not many features to explore atleast at a "starter" package

Minpunten

Their customer service is very upfront - starter package is of no use and there are no features in there - very hard upsell, and the number of features are not that great as compared to the competition.

I was also told that this is a one-off call and they wont be supporting any 1:1 demos/discussions unless I pay more. By the ways I was invited to the call.

Catherine
  • Sector: Mediaproductie
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

My two cents about my Roadmunk experience

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2020

Roadmunk is a tool that I use to give me an overview of several timelines or key dates that can impact other project. I also create specific visual for timelines and monitoring tasks for different type of projects.

Pluspunten

What I like the most is the way that I can feature the work plan, phases on a timeline or on a swim lane by listing some items. It's also very nice to have the possibility to add sub-items, it makes everything so much clearer.

Minpunten

What I like the least about the software is when I need to change the features of my timeline or swim lane, I feel that the menu on the left is not that user friendly.

Also, my work is full of diversity and even tho I can understand the bonus of not having always to replicate fields while starting a new roadmunk, in my position every map is built for a different project that has a different team, or tasks, so it becomes difficult to create and identify which field is for which roadmunk.

Michael
  • Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Roadmunk is excellent

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2020

Great company to do business with. very quick to support when needed.

Great company to do business with. very quick to support when needed.

Pluspunten

Roadmunk is an easy to use collaboration tool.
it makes it really easy to story map products and customer journeys with stakeholders and developers.

using a user story map gives context to requirements in the wider product.

Minpunten

The integration with Jira can be a little tricky at times, but other than that its really great.

Marcela
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie

Product Roadmap

Pluspunten

It is customizable and easy to use. We enjoy very much the exports options, like the URL export.

Minpunten

The date range is always changing. It could be better if we could setup the beginning and end date of all roadmaps by default. For example, the template should be the FY (april to march) and we must show 2 FY in every roadmap. But if a project started in 2015, when we change colors or filters the range gets back to 2015.
Also, the reviewer plans should be more acessible.

monday.com
Summet
  • Sector: Vermogensbeheer

Easy to use Roadmapping

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2020

Overall it's a very dynamic application and enthusiastic team which backs it. They are definitely making an impact in the start-up community.

This has created a significant impact to our organization to support our Digital Transformation.

Pluspunten

Roadmunk was very easy to setup and had a great starter set of templates.
Support is very good and the team is very professional. They have been able to provide an answer to all inquiries. Overall, we have not found many bugs with the program.

This creates very attractive boards for executive leaders

Minpunten

Limited in enterprise planning features and configurable layouts. Due to the design of the software, we cannot adjust the size of headers and items easily. There is no way to do detailed weight for prioritization and fields do not have configurable dependencies (i.e. if Yes, then allow a list of choices) or calculations between fields. User administration is limited and also does not display well on smartphones.

Although dated - better functionality for printable copies of roadmaps is referred

Sushant
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easiest decision to go with Roadmunk. Simply the best value for money!

Beoordeeld op 5-11-2020

Good quality UI/UX, simple yet very effective and powerful sharing methods and absolutely worth the investment of time and money!

Ease of Integration with existing JIRA boards
Organization Theme and Color Scheme on Different Views
VERY straightforward UI/UX for both users and admins

Minpunten

Need more features around customizing Gantt Charts for showing trend lines and swim-lanes.A
Need some additional icons for milestones and tasks.

Tom

Great piece of kit.

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2016

I trialled a number of roadmapping products before eventually selecting Roadmunk, most of the big names.

I found that for my needs almost all of the competition were hellishly complicated - I didn't need the strategy/business case definition in there, I don't need a JIRA integration, and I'm not managing hundreds of roadmaps.

I was able to very quickly get up and running with Roadmunk and in a very short period of time got to what I needed - a view of the future which I could present to the Board to get sign off on the roadmap.

I've since started using it for more than that - i plan in our architectural/platform roadmap, I use it to work out which of my team to assign to products, and so on. It's really powerful.

My one qualm with the product is that the bulk of the dev/new features seems (understandably) to go on stuff for large customers, and isn't always relevant for my needs. But as I say, the product as it stands helps me a lot.

Noah & the team have been super helpful whenever I've needed anything, too.

Pluspunten

It's incredibly easy to use, and because it's a well thought out product, it is flexible enough to most or all of my roadmapping needs.

Minpunten

Can be difficult to use in presentations without a lot of work on the colouring.

Lubomír
Lubomír
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great design, value for money and approach to the work with data

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2020

I really like it, I think has a good pricing and works well for smaller-mid scale scenarios.

Pluspunten

- I really like the design and I think it is quite important that the exported roadmaps do look clean and pretty as they are shared with external stakeholders.
- Also like the approach to the work with data, where each item (feature) has many fields (attributes) and you can order/look at your data-set across different fields (per dev teams/software component/ month of realease...). You can also save these views so you can switch between them easily

Minpunten

There is only one single big issue with Roadmunk and thats performance. The JIRA synchronization work well, but if you have projects with lower hundreds of epics (and higher hundreds of stories), you will be forced to make sacrifice and to choose higher level look. They are on it supposedly, so hopefully this will improve

Thomas

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

User friendly and easy to create your company´s roadmap

Beoordeeld op 9-1-2020

By using Roadmunk we now have a clear and complete roadmap that provides overview and allows us to focus on the critical stuff.

Pluspunten

It is very easy to use, has the features and capabilities that is needed and that you can tailor roadmaps to fit your strategy.

Minpunten

That you have to pay $5 per month per reviewer.
I lack the option to "flag"/visualize features on the roadmap with a risk of delay

ProductPlan en Aha!

Redenen om over te stappen op Strategic Roadmaps

Functionality, easy to get started and better visual presentation
Audrey
  • Sector: Ziekenhuis- en gezondheidszorgbranche
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great for stakeholder alignment

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2020

Pluspunten

Helps teams visualize priorities and capacity which makes it easy for alignment and clarification. Very easy to learn as you go in terms of which view works best for your team. They seems to be trying to make small continuous improvements throughout the year which is nice.

Minpunten

Sometimes changes don't take which can be frustrating. A bit expensive so we have to limit how many people actually have an account. Wish there was a way to collect ideas from folks that don't have access but don't want to install a plugin.

Bryan
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Solid Product, expensive for whole team access

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

Positive experience, its a solid product. I will continue to use it for my single user but it could definitely be doing more for my organization.

Pluspunten

Easy to create new items
Quick changes to timelines
Nice visuals for roadmapping
CSV Import and Export is nice

Minpunten

Update more than one row for a start/end time
Cost is a big reason we haven't been using it more for investor presentations
JIRA integration wasn't seamless when I tried it.

monday.com, Google Sheets en Microsoft Excel

Redenen om over te stappen op Strategic Roadmaps

JIRA integration, free trial
Raya
  • Sector: Openbare veiligheid

Great software

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

Overall the experience is very positive, very good and fast feedback from the support, even though I have an issue to get some exact dates (or at least quarters) on when certain features get released.

Pluspunten

It's really easy to use the software, I didn't even need training, I could figure it all by myself.

Minpunten

I find the software to be buggy, as well as I find the performance deteriorates when there is a lot of data.

Chrystie
  • Sector: Vastgoed
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Feedback from

Intuitive
Visually pleasing
Easy to teach

Minpunten

Formatting - it is hard to see the label title on your timeline view. I wish there was a way to wrap text so you can see the entire label

It also is a little clunky how it lines up on the swimlane view and overlapping tasks are on different lines, but then later tasks can be on a previous line

In swimlane view, I wish a label could straddle over a couple of quarters or buckets vs having to select if you want it in the month it is ending or beginning

Justin
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Clarity for everyone!

Beoordeeld op 22-10-2019

Easy to use and valuable. Like to use it, but it would be nice to see some different templates.

Pluspunten

I love that I can share online versions of my roadmaps, and that they come out looking super organized and clean.

Minpunten

Not all roadmaps are linear. I'd love to see the ability to build cycles in different structures (maybe similar to smart art)

Michelle
  • Sector: Human Resources
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Roadmunk review

Enjoy it for creating roadmaps

Enjoy it for creating roadmaps

Pluspunten

Display of timelines and milestones is easy to view and share

Minpunten

Sometimes takes long to load once you have made updates

Diego
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

5 starts for the integration with Jira

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

Extremely useful reporting views of Jira progress (at project, epic and component level).

Pluspunten

The main use for Roadmunk in my organization is to provide visibility of Epic progress, conflicts and potential risks on the progress of our development intiatives.
Integration with Jira has been incredibly useful as we can provide exposure of progress to upper management on very comprehensive way and it provides tools for open discussions. These would have been very difficult using native Jira reporting tools.

Minpunten

My organization has a complex structure and providing reports or view access to different level of users has been a challenge, but I believe it's based on the nature of our own structure and not a flaw in the platform.

Jules
  • Sector: Informatiediensten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Lots of customization

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2020

Better planning, better collaboration, transparancy and clarity!

Better planning, better collaboration, transparancy and clarity!

Pluspunten

Love the jira integration, the flexibility to setup your own fields, views. Good pricing, value for money!

Minpunten

I'm missing the option to get user feedback on ideas generated by our customers.

Miles
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Focused and pricey

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2023

Pluspunten

Easy to use, results look good, intuitive.

Minpunten

Premium price for a very focused and limited product.

Eric
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Roadmunk Review

Pluspunten

Roadmunk has a very user friendly interface that allows for easy construction of roadmaps. Also it is a great visualization tools to clearly define and set when specific objectives will be completed.

Minpunten

Conversion to images to display in other formats like Powerpoint isn't as powerful as hoped. The size sometimes is still an issue.

Jon

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy to use and easy to communicate to my stakeholders

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

Pluspunten

Roadmunk was super easy to use from Day 1. It was easy for me to update my roadmap and make it easily understood to my internal stakeholders. Even better, because it is a web app, I don't have to constantly refresh a PowerPoint that would get lost on someone's drive, or worse -- be shared without my permission. That alone is worth the money. Since a roadmap is a living thing, having it live is way better than trapping it in a presentation.

Minpunten

Sometimes it was buggy and you'd click and nothing happened. Also, when working on a laptop the fonts were small and it wasn't always easy to edit all the info.

Greg
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Maandelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great Planning Tool!

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2019

Pluspunten

Roadmunk has helped us by providing a broad landscape view of all of our products, with the ability to drill down and see the details of each project and its scope. We do not regret purchasing Roadmunk and would not have the concise view of our products needed without it!

Minpunten

No cons to report as far as this planning tool is concerned, we have been happy with the product.

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Facilitaire diensten
  • Maandelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Roadmunk: The Project-Planning tool that's as powerful as the time you put into it.

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

Positive. We don't use it much at all, but it's a useful tool for project management.

Pluspunten

Roadmunk is useful for visualizing timelines and milestones for just about any project you decide to use it for, though it's probably best-used for IT purposes.

Minpunten

There can be issues with timeline visualization when going between a spreadsheet with all of your projects, milestones, and dependencies, and translating that to timeline format.

Jennifer
  • Sector: Milieudiensten
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

New user

Beoordeeld op 16-4-2021

So far so good. As our project progresses I'm sure I'll use more of the features.

Pluspunten

I like that its sharable and easily editable. We have a large team for a project and everyone can see when tasks are scheduled

Minpunten

I'm a new user so I haven't explored all the functions. Everything seems to be them when I'm ready, but my only critique are the colors avaialble.