PhotoShelter for Brands

Vereenvoudigd online beheer en distributie van visuele middelen

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding
Functies
Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning
Sorteren op

Debbie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Libris by Photoshelter was just what we were looking for!

Beoordeeld op 13-8-2019

Using Libris as our digital asset management system has been a time saver. We are able to upload and share photos in light boxes to clients. We have control over what can be seen and what is archived. Our "best of" photos can be rated with a star. Photos can be tagged so that they are easy to find. This means that the Widener community can go on and easily find the photos that they need.

Pluspunten

We needed to find a way to keep all of our photos safe so we wouldn't lose them in a hard drive crash, flood, or fire, etc. The software does everything that we need it to do— from rating, tagging, storing, and archiving, to sharing light boxes with clients. It is also very affordable.

Minpunten

At first there was a glitch in the way we wanted to share our photos, but Libris' support services worked with us to overcome that problem.

Aaron

• Klantenondersteuning

A great product for managing your digital media, but does have some limitations.

Beoordeeld op 10-10-2016

First and foremost I have to say the customer service Photoshelter provides for Libris users is absolutely wonderful. Their team gets back to you quickly with answers to your questions and is always pleasant to work with.

Libris truly shines in it's ability to easily organize and then later search for the images you need. You have the ability to set up the folder structure in any way that fits your needs (which is not something I say about the last product we were using) and the backend structure is so user friendly, it's a breeze to move collections, galleries, or even individual photos around after upload. All you need to do is grab them and drag and drop them into a different area.

On the search side of things, you have great control over the types of parameters you can give the search. Everything from searching for photos based on a specific orientation, to things photographed on certain dates...it's quite nice and the results are fast and (seemingly) very accurate.

Uploading is fast, and has a number of potential ways it can be integrated into your workflow, including a lightroom plugin.

As much as we like Libris overall, it is not without it's limitations and there are a couple of big ones we hope are eventually addressed.

The biggest one for us at the moment is Libris' inability to allow downloads without either a password or a user login. This is a bummer and is currently a bit clunky. We produce content for a wide range of people and we would like to make that content available for download to everyone, but the best you can do right now is put a password on everything and then try and make that password available to the public, which is just clunky and a bit odd. We really hope they implement a password and login free option soon.

Secondly, when you search for images there is no way to sort what we have searched for in the results page. Want to search for something and then sort by "date taken" or "date uploaded"? Not possible. The other slightly frustrating thing is there is no way to change the size of the image thumbnails in the galleries or search results. They are a bit small and it can sometimes be hard to see what the photo looks like until you click on it to make it larger.

Really there are so many things to like about Libris that I wouldn't say the above should be deal breakers, but they are things I think could really help improve it.

Anne
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Not very practical

Beoordeeld op 5-9-2019

Libris hosts our photo library. Overall the experience using it has been incredibly frustrating. I feel like I waste an incredible amount of time trying to find images that should be easy to access. Would not recommend this product.

Pluspunten

Offers access to many photos, variable download size options

Minpunten

Search function is horrible (and didn't work at all the first 6 months or so we used the product, so Libris is ridiculously slow at fixing bugs), difficult to find specific images through navigation, multiple clicks required to access search, navigation is not intuitive, images look fuzzy before you download them so you can't tell the quality of the image without downloading it first, lightbox makes you select which box to save to each time, you're unable to put an image into lightbox unless you open the image first, it takes way too many clicks to do anything in this software.

J. Emilio

• Klantenondersteuning

Night and day difference from previous DAM

Pluspunten

Libris is helping us build and share our Digital images with dozens of clients through out the university. Its easy to share contact sheets, fast download times and very clean and pleasant display of images. Love the ability to customize and use our Logo and color in the main page and use a copy rights watermark. Before Libris, we used to have a DAM that was painfully slow in all aspects. I've recommended Libris to other universities and they are also very pleased with what it offers.

Minpunten

One of the recurring issues that I constantly hear with some of our clients in the University is that sometimes, whey they search images in the library, they are asked to create a login info, and after that, they are told to contact the administrator. Seems there is a glitch in the system and I've contact their costumer service dept. but they still have not been able to fix it. We like the ability to easily download images using a password, but we don't want our clients to created "another" login in account. Makes no sense to have a "search" button if you can download the images you find in your search.

Stanley
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

Corporate Visual Library Solution

Beoordeeld op 13-8-2019

Part of Chick-fil-A's mission statement includes “being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us”. Repurposing photos is a great way to keep your budgets under control.

Pluspunten

The software reads the embedded IPTC information in each photo. This means when I upload image that have already been captioned and keyworded there is nothing else to do but give access to the images for the customers of the system to find what they need.

Minpunten

The customer side interface assumes a working understanding of using an online visual database. I have talked to the Libris team encouraging them to design a system that their parents or grandparents could use. I think the customer interface assumes at least a 5 level of understanding of the industry on a 10 scale. I want the system to be geared more to a 1, because often those who are assigned to look for images have little or no experience doing so.

Mike
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

Digital Asset Distribution for Manufacturer

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019

We love being able to store our images and video in one place. Libris is generous with the space allowance so we don't worry about having to buy additional storage. We really like the unlimited user feature. It allows all of our sales, customer service, rep agencies and distribution to have access to the images and video we want them to have.

Pluspunten

The software was relatively easy to set up and maintain.

Minpunten

It would be nice to have some functionality where we could build a collection of images and send that collection link to someone that does not have a Photoshelter login for us.

Courtney
  • Sector: Fotografie

No Regrets

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019

The customer service is phenomenal. They tend to take feedback seriously and implement changes, although I haven't seen any changes made to Lightboxes in the last few years. Two thumbs up all around.

Pluspunten

It saves our team and clients a massive amount of time in the photo search and delivery. It also serves as a portfolio for our photography services.

Minpunten

The Lightboxes are nearly useless and need to be updated to improve viewing, uploading, batch downloading and other options. I'd like to have a few options to customize the preview look. There should be an option to increase the viewing size on previews as clients have a difficult time checking expressions and making selections quickly from a large gallery when the previews are so small.

• Klantenondersteuning

May not be the best solution for your money

Beoordeeld op 25-7-2018

Pluspunten

This software allows you to catalog large quantities of photography and for and additional fee video. The ability for others to view and request photography is great.

Minpunten

Unless you are selling your photography, and even if you are, there are likely much more economically solutions to your needs. We continue to use it due to an agreement we have, but likely would not choose this again if we needed a new solution.

• Sector: Vrije tijd, reizen en toerisme
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

Great Online Asset Management

Beoordeeld op 27-8-2019

Have had a great experience with Libris. I've used it daily for over 4 years.

Pluspunten

The flexibility and ease of use. I can create and share galleries easily.

Minpunten

Occasionally, the program or site is unresponsive or slow.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Photo Storage!

Beoordeeld op 10-12-2019

Great for sharing photos within an organization! !

Pluspunten

Great option for photo storage! easy to use and easy to allow different users different access levels with photo albums.

Minpunten

Uploading and tagging of photos can take some time, it is not easy to do all at once but rather you have to go back and tag

Frank
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Great - but with a few caveats

Beoordeeld op 10-5-2019

the previous DAM system we used depended on people updating their own copy of a master database file. using Libris, everyone has immediate access to images. this has made life a lot easier in our office.

when I've had questions or needed help, the service I received was top-notch: friendly, quick, and very effective

Pluspunten

the ability to send photos directly from the database, ease of keywording, very accessible

Minpunten

occasionally it will get lost when going from an expanded view of an image back to the original search. the icon will spin for a long time, until I restart the app (impatience).

it would be great if there were a way to see a larger grid view for selecting photos with a client.

because it is web based, when our server is having trouble the database is inaccessible. of course, this isn't a problem with libris, but it is an issue that comes up once in a while on my end.

Matthew
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Useful tool for internal creative departments

Pluspunten

I appreciate the fact that you can have multiple invited users and groups with individualized permissions so that as a creative leader I can limit what other teams are using in their collateral.

Minpunten

It's not as intuitive at first, it took some getting used to as well as communication with the photo shelter team, which was great, to get a better understanding of the ways to use it for our business needs.

Matt
  • Sector: Sport
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Professional Photographer

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2017

The FTP service is my favorite hidden gem to the Libris. Being able to customize the archive and set up search and gallery perimeters for different users is great.

Pluspunten

The ease of use, the built in FTP and the ability to access anywhere. Being a cloud based system makes it easy for us to transmit, archive or access from anywhere.

Minpunten

I don't have any thing that I don't like about this product. The cost is high, but everything that comes packaged into the product proves that the robust design has been well thought out from the user interface to the admin interface. Libris is build for the professional on the move.

Laura

• Klantenondersteuning

After testing several competitors, Libris was the easiest to use and nice visually as well.

Pluspunten

Ability to create lots of galleries and collections to organize. I had years of image collection that I personally was keeping organized, but they were all over. I had a fresh opportunity to newly organize images into categories that make more sense, and get rid of duplicates that were taking up a lot of extra space. The ability to add my own metadata is great, though not sure we're going to be able to afford that option next year. I also like that I can give give full or limited access to team members. Sometimes people only need access to logos, or one area of the companies images. Nice to be able to control that.

Minpunten

Well it's always going to be cost. Especially with add-ons. But we had to bite the bullet and find a safe place for images that can be used and accessed with other co-workers.

Serena

• Klantenondersteuning

Libris has made our photo organization 10x more efficient.

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2017

Pluspunten

The best aspects about Libris are its clean interface and ease of use. It has made my work incredibly more efficient because I am able to quickly search for photos by tags, name, and gallery location, and organize folders to my team's specifications. It was surprisingly easy to learn how to use and the interface is readable and light. Additionally, the Libris team is very helpful and friendly.

Minpunten

There are few things I dislike about this software. If I had to make one suggestion, I wish the software would automatically apply a cover image to folders to make it easier to differentiate them if we have forgotten to apply a cover image manually. I also think there could be some improvement with the Desktop Uploader. The interface is much less clean than the website and sometimes is laggy.

Sydnye
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Anders 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Tremendous Time Saver

Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

Having multiple photographers and videographers upload to Libris is a great way to collect and photos from our activities happening around the world. I like that there are a restricted number of users who can decide in which folders the assets will be made available and who can have access to them.

Pluspunten

With Libris, we have saved a tremendous amount of time searching for and delivering content to people outside of our team. Many staff members around the world now check Libris first when looking for photos and videos of our athletes, sports and events. If they ask us personally, we send them straight to Libris. The number of direct inquiries from the public have also been reduces. We've been able to use the time saved on other work that needs our attention.

Minpunten

Because only one photo can be downloaded at a time, it can be quite time consuming to download many photos.

Jeremy
  • Sector: Public relations en communicatie
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Libris has provided a product with nearly unlimited potential in digital asset management

Beoordeeld op 1-9-2017

The creation of a Digital Library has allowed us to modernize and organize our digital assets, turning more than 125 years of history out of file folders and onto the web. The ability for researchers, alumni, fans, family and friends to find information that otherwise be hidden away will and has been a major advancement for our program.

Pluspunten

Libris and Photoshelter's outward facing interface allowed for the creation of the Cornell Athletics Digital Library, allowing alumni, friends and fans access to this digital repository of Big Red history. Photos can be viewed for free or purchased for posterity. Video clips, game stories, newspaper clippings and more will be available for viewing and downloading.

It is both easy to navigate on the front end and simple to manage and search on the back end. it's upload and download time and quick send options also allow us to easily manage our media relations functions.

Minpunten

Batch downloading can sometimes be a challenge when needing things between nested folders, but that's a user problem. Software really has everything we need.

Matt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to jump in and get started with. Once implemented very user friendly and intuitive.

Beoordeeld op 15-8-2017

Provides a level of order and access to what had previously been a very disorganized amount of files and photos. Saves my team a great deal of time by improving our ability to search for these images in an efficient manner.

Pluspunten

Ease of uploading the photos and tagging the photos. Great amount of customer support to help get us going. It is also evident that they are used to dealing with higher ed clients and had plenty of experience to fall back on when answering our specific questions.

Minpunten

Nothing immediately jumps to mind! It would be great if we could more easily manipulate the order folders (as they default to alpha-numeric ordering), but that feels very nitpicky. All in all, a great product.

Lynn

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Needs more flexibility in the image organization

Pluspunten

It is way to upload images into Libris. I like the fact that you can down load various file sizes and file resolutions. There are lots of metadata options.

Minpunten

The Gallery organization is static. I would prefer to organize the galleries alphabetically, or to group them some other way, while others in our department want to see them chronologically. I haven't found that it is possible to customize in that way.
I wish it would ask to name files as they are uploaded so I didn't have to go back and name them after they have been uploaded.
AI with face recognition would be an extremely useful addition.

Heather
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.000+ werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Daily use of the product, however I wish asset sharing were easier for people without Libris.

Beoordeeld op 14-8-2017

All assets are centrally located and I am able to asset share using links.

Pluspunten

All assets are centrally located.
I am able to create folders with links to share to internal and external parties.

Minpunten

Downloading various file sizes is not easy. There should be an easy selection process for the size of photo I would like to download.

Caroline
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

User-Friendly

Beoordeeld op 13-5-2019

Aside from the things mentioned above, my experience has been good overall.

Pluspunten

I like how user-friendly and intuitive it is.

Minpunten

I wish custom metadata was available for video and that custom metadata fields for pictures supported more than one choice (example: one of our fields is "constituents". Sometimes a picture might have various groups of people captured and we would like to tag all of them.) I also have encountered some glitching when I add a photo from a gallery to another gallery where all galleries seem to duplicate. Even though they appear duplicated on Libris they have not really duplicated in the system, but the first time I encountered this I thought I had made a mistake, deleted a duplicated gallery, and ended up losing all the work I had done because the system actually deleted my one real gallery. This glitch happens almost every time I add pictures to other galleries and to fix it, I have to log out and log in again.

Brandie
  • Sector: Mediaproductie

Love the software

Beoordeeld op 28-8-2019

Pluspunten

Libris is very easy to use. We use this for photo sharing and organizing, and compared to other products, this seems to be the best at allowing us to customize how we communicate with our clients.

Minpunten

The price is the only thing that would ever make us consider trying another product. With companies tightening their budgets, I could see how this would be a stumbling block for some.

Barbara

• Klantenondersteuning

Global reach via the Libris cloud

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2016

We chose Libris for the broad set of features available in this system. We are a not-for-profit NGO working on a global scale. We needed a tool that would match our work and ambitions.

We use Libris for its indexing and organizing capabilities, rather than for commerce. Prior to Libris, we had been using a set of folders on a network server, however over time that became unwieldy and difficult to manage. Another advantage: Screening and sorting photos is much faster because the system optimizes images for viewing in a way that the old network drive, or other simpler cloud systems, could not do.

Libris offers a way to attach info for each image through its tagging system to help us keep track of the images we have, their source, and much more granular information. Incoming, the system makes it easy for photographers across world to upload images to the Libris cloud. Outgoing, we receive many photo requests from a wide variety of outlets, ranging from other partner organizations to publishers, both domestically and abroad. Libris enables our office staff to select individual photos and sent a specific link of the curated images for review and download by editors, printers and other organizations with whom we work.

The major downside, as with any complex cataloging tool, is that it takes time to manage and maintain the content. This is simply reality and not a fault of the system which makes many more things possible for us.

Brendan
  • Sector: Sport
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Using Libris have saved our team at Xavier countless hours.

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2017

The amount of time we've saved on photo requests is incalculable, whether it's an internal or media request. Being able to search keywords and names vs. digging through folders is a night and day difference.

Pluspunten

The searchable database is a huge improvement over our previous solution of hosting photos within folders on a university server.

Minpunten

Would like more storage capacity for a cheaper price in order to store more GIF's, PSD files and videos.

Eric
  • Sector: Kantoorbenodigdheden
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Good Solution, Needs Some Tweaks/Updates

Beoordeeld op 7-5-2019

Customer service has been amazing and responsive. Our solution works fairly well for our sales team (we use Libris as a sales tool where our sales reps create and share lightboxes). Would like to see a facelift to some of their features and some personalization added but we are quite happy we went with Libris.

Pluspunten

It's easy to set up and the Adobe connector makes it easy to import/tag your photos. The presentation of the galleries is really nice, simple and the customer support for this product is beyond stellar.

Minpunten

Lightbox features in their current form are very underwhelming, but they are getting a facelift at some point. Some features like sending photos or lightboxes to multiple people are not included. Cannot change how the search page looks at all whether you use all of those options to tag your images or not.