Quip

Samenwerking aan documenten, taken en spreadsheets met ingebouwde chat

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Nataliia
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Quip Review

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2019

It's a great tool to keep all the documents organized, structured and collaborate on any of the docs with the team. I think our team became so much more productive after we started using it.

Pluspunten

I love seeing how organized and most importantly easy to maintain all the docs in the company and departments. I think this is what makes Quip different: it's often easy to start using some service that meets the same purpose but it becomes a mess in a few months. Absolutely happy how it worked for our company with Quip. It was also a big help to find everything I needed when I joined the company.

Minpunten

I would love Spreadsheets which you can create in Quip to have more functionality, sometimes I need to use other tools and just link to them since I can't achieve the same with the Spreadsheets in Quip.

Jana
  • Sector: Detailhandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Quip as a great collaboration and organizing tool

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2020

I enjoy working with Quip as it is very easy to use and it has a lot of features and tools not only for time management, project planning it is also very helpful for online collaboration.

Pluspunten

Quip is very easy to use and navigate within the software. Basically, it offers you a never-ending list for your notes (very similar to OneNote for example). You can style these notes with basic formatting similar to MS Word: underline and strikethrough words, make them bold, or change them into italics. You can also choose the size of the words but this is a bit limited.
The best thing about Quip is the collaboration in real-time so you and all your coworkers can be always on the same page and they can edit the list by themselves at the same time.
Another nice feature of this tool is that you can mention people in the document and assign them to some action.
Also, you can set up reminders for the actions and you will receive a reminder on your email (usually one day beforehand).
Besides writing pure text, you can create sheets similar to MS Excel and formate the cells as needed. You can also insert a calendar, a todo-list, and other features.

Minpunten

The text you are writing is always centered way too much on the page meaning there will be a lot of unused space around your text.

leslie
  • Sector: Wetshandhaving
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

Why, Why and Why?

Beoordeeld op 8-5-2019

I am continuously asking 'why does it do that'? The UI does not behave as expected, it is inconsistent and much of what I produce is achieved through trial-and-error (admittedly, I have not had training in Quip, maybe a training course might help to explain some of my Whys).
Examples:
Selecting text bottom up produces a different result to selecting text from the top down.
Only 1 comment per sentence, even though I can select parts of the sentence.
Impossible to figure out what is going on with columns on a page. (Why is there a blue line that extends for 50% of the column?)
Why is the folder name listed AFTER the page name? All other applications list a folder structure as Parent folder followed by Child content.
And finally, why are the predefined formats so inappropriate and not customizable. Their website states "Quip's emphasis on simplicity and on enabling you to create documents that look beautiful and consistent on any device" Sorry to say that it fails. Bullet points and numbered lists that fill 25% of my column with (yet more) white-space are not beautiful.
"

Short learning curve.
Easy to enter text and pictures.
Keeps a history of changes.
Organize content by folders.
You can chat!

Very few features.
UI is missing standard functionality.
So much wasted white-space.
Difficult to navigate and organize because there is no folder structure view.
Chat feature does not appear to be related to Quip. (If I want to chat in Quip, I want it to be about specific content, not about the weather or some other totally unrelated topic.)

Faiyaz
Faiyaz
  • Sector: Design en ontwerp

Cheap Solution for Team Collaboration

Beoordeeld op 19-10-2022

Overall experience was great. It was easy and smooth.

Overall experience was great. It was easy and smooth.

Pluspunten

Quick Setup, easy interface, combines team messaging with collaborative document creation and editing tools, cheap plans compared to its competitors. Also supported by Zapier.

Minpunten

Limited API, limited storage on free accounts, interface could be more polished and not that much strong as other competitors.

EBIN
EBIN
  • Sector: Human Resources

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

All in one platform to manage the entire documents and other tools in a single platform

Beoordeeld op 4-4-2019

We have increased the productivity of our employees and thus our core goal of high productivity is achieved.

Pluspunten

We really like Quip the way it is built as the platform itself acts as a source to maintiain all the tools like docs, chat etc. in this single app itself. Quip is the best way to manage all the different tabs under one window. The major hike is with the single window system where all the needed plugins are added and can be managed. Quip is the one and only platform to simplify the user burden of maintaining multiple apps and multiple windows.

Minpunten

The UI is very hard to understand at the first time and for newcomers.

Ifeoma
Ifeoma
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Effective text editor.

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2018

Pluspunten

Quip enable me collaborate on documents in real time with my colleagues.Unlike other document collaboration programs,I am able to chat in real time with my fellow collaborators about the document we are collaborating on.

Minpunten

While I am able to edit documents by myself offline.To collaboratively edit documents,I have to be online and this requires a stable internet connection.

Victoria
Victoria

Great

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2022

Pluspunten

The overall design of Quip is great and it allows for easy collaboration. We have used Quip together with Trello to allow for document sharing, as well as task management. With this tool, it's so easy to check for task progress online.

Minpunten

Quip failed to work on my Chrome Chromebook (desktop) so I had to look for other options.

Sam
Sam
  • Sector: Farmaceutica

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Perfect for small team word or excel collaboration

Beoordeeld op 20-6-2017

Quip is Perfect for small team, if your team need on time word or excel collaboration, the UI is beautiful and easy for use, and for small teams, it's totally free.

Pluspunten

Best choice for word collaboration.

Minpunten

Optimization need for Chinese doc editing, especially when Chinese docs output to PDF files

Claude
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great for team sharing and project management

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2017

Pluspunten

Quip has great integration, it's a great platform for project management and customer service is great.

Minpunten

It doesn't have enough security from my point of view. The desktop app has no security at all and I think that they should change the way information within the app is accessed.

Retno
Retno
  • Sector: Architectuur en planning
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

All in One Document Creator and Team Communication

Beoordeeld op 28-11-2018

Pluspunten

Quip takes the concept of Slack one step further by combining team communication with document creator. And it's not just any document creator. Other than text document and spreadsheet, users can also create kanban board, calendar, to do list, and more.

Minpunten

I think Quip can do even better by upgrading the spreadsheet into a database. So, you can link the data in one document into another.

Tracy
  • Sector: Bouw
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Easy to use, great for collaborating, aimed at younger professionals

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2017

Collaboration, simple cloud-based tool, integration with Salesforce

Collaboration, simple cloud-based tool, integration with Salesforce

Pluspunten

It's super easy to start using and is great for shared documents where you need to have multiple people providing input and updates. I like that two people can be simultaneously working on a document without a problem.

Minpunten

My annoyances with this software stem from the features - what is there and what is not there. One of my biggest gripes is that Quip believes it is "distracting and not necessary" (their words) to have the option of changing the color of the text. I disagree. As a business professional for the past 25 years, I can tell you there are instances where you need to color code text. I recently had a huge, very collaborative project that I wanted to base out of Quip and THE ONLY REASON I couldn't use Quip was because it had to be color coded and Quip doesn't do that. I've tried appealing to them but so far, no luck. Yet, one apparently "necessary" feature is that you can add an emoji or animated meme to your comments within a document. Really? And that is more important for business communications? I'm guessing this software is being created by a bunch of millennials. I don't begrudge millenials or the "fun" elements that are included, but give me the useful business functionality we have all become accustomed to over the past couple of decades if you truly want to compete for our word processing and spreadsheet needs.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Covers your needs for software development

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2020

I like working with Quip, because of the fuss-free UI, it's just a simple slate where you can integrate tasks, spreadsheets, code snippets and many more. You can add comments and have version control. You can have all these capabilities separately from different products, but Quip is special in the sense that you can find all these capabilities in a single product which streamlines your work and saves you time.

Pluspunten

What I like most about this is the code block formatting. I tried different extensions with other similar tools, but the result was never as good as Quip. Quip provides formatting, indenting, etc for multiple languages. If you want to share a code snippet, that's really nice and I haven't seen another product come close. You also have to-do tasks, can set the task owners and the deadlines, which is great for collaboration. You can add spreadsheets for metrics. Another feature I find useful is the access settings. Only the people / group you specify can view the file.

Minpunten

I think Quip has a lot of room to grow in terms of spreadsheet functionalities. It is enough for me for standard operations, but I'm guessing people who work with Excel / Google Sheets on a daily basis would find it hard to migrate to Quip completely.

• Sector: Farmaceutica

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Quip - a super nice collaboration tool

Beoordeeld op 17-10-2018

To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.

To be simple, we really like this easy to use collaboration tool.

Pluspunten

So easy to collaboration with colleagues, and for family. Get everything together rather than individual files everywhere. "Word", "Excel", "Powerpoint" lite versions, so easy to use, whatever you want. With google account integration. No hassle for account management. You certainly don't expect it to be super powerful, but it is good enough for our purpose.

Minpunten

Logic of files arrangement a bit confusing. If you are coming from traditional file system. You may need sometime to get used to it. Moving files around is not that easy, especially if you want to manage multiple files at the same time. It used to be annoying that recent editing panel shows up every time you open the application. Recent updates fix this problem.

Ciedelle

Equipped with Quip!

Beoordeeld op 17-3-2020

We use quip to share files among members and teams in our organization and I love how we could easily update and access them from anywhere especially on the mobile as well, it makes collaboration way too easy.

Pluspunten

The design and layout is superb, I specifically love how you can folders visually and it is attractive. Being able to color code them makes organizing files and projects shared across teams more effective.

Minpunten

Not all file types are supported like scripts, I would have to just upload it as a textfile with the scripts if I wanted it on quip.

• Sector: Schoolleiding

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Quit passing email and documents around!

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2016

I have a small staff who needs to work together at various times, and usually not in person. We've tried a handful of options (dreaded e-mail chains, Google drive, slack, OneNote, Trello), with varying degrees of success.

But when you get right down to it, the majority of our conversations where revolving around documents. With Quip, that is exactly how this is designed. It is a live document centered experience with the ability to comment, discuss, and update to drive to agreed upon results.

Other packages we would lose our chain of conversation, or a struggle to find the agenda, spreadsheet, plan. Here, these two elements tie together in one spot.

End result for me? Instead of feeling like I was beating on people to keep moving, and often their secretary to help them find what I was talking about, now we work together with faster results and a whole lot less fuss and muss.

Pluspunten

VERY intuitive interface. My staff is resistant to change, and they picked up on this software immediately. Looks good on the web, great on my desktop, and awesome on my phone!

Customer support is astounding. Hit the chat window and someone is there immediately.

Minpunten

Very minor detail here - more of a feature enhancement request. It would be great to tie in some sort of task management, e.g. something with due dates that alert you.

Istvan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Ease of use, some missing features, bad upgrade on Mac

Beoordeeld op 22-5-2018

Pluspunten

-Very easy to use even at the first time
-0 delay at collaboration
-nice mini apps for documents
-good integration of comments with chat function

Minpunten

-inconsistent user interface (document and tables)
-no formating in the pop-up menu for tables
-very bad upgrade utility on Mac (it tends to fall back to earlier version and stops sync - support gives no help to resolve)

• Sector: Consumentenelektronica

Quip review

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2018

In my experience, I've really enjoyed using Quip to easily house documents and spreadsheets with a friendly and easy to use interface.

Pluspunten

Quip is a great tool to use for collaborative work. Often times, my team would have to share multiple versions of the same spreadsheet, but with Quip, you can see real-time updates from colleagues and communicate all within the app.

Minpunten

While it is great for collaboration, the tool becomes glitchy when it contains a large amount of data. There have been instances of lost work due to inability to save changes. If you are working with large spreadsheets with multiple tabs, it could become too much for the tool to handle.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Better Options are Available

Beoordeeld op 19-11-2019

There are better alternatives available to allow for easy file sharing. Some of these options are even free. There are too many limitations for it to be effective for most businesses.

Pluspunten

Allows for easy file sharing and allows for multiple users to edit the same file. It does a nice job of tracking edits.

Minpunten

It provides extremely limited options within files. If you try to ingest files from other sources it will not hold any formatting options.

Jess

Unlimited Free Trial

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2017

Unlimited free trial and great for text-based collaboration

Unlimited free trial and great for text-based collaboration

Pluspunten

Quip allows you to try their platform for free as long as you need, so you can really figure out whether or not it works for your team before you invest in the paid version. Compared to other products that have a time-limited free trial, Quip offers a much better evaluation period.

Minpunten

The ability to upload images and PDFs is limited at best. It's easier to upload a photo album on Facebook and share it with your team than it is to do the same thing in Quip. Great for text based documents, however.

Raegan
Raegan
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Nice but pricey.

Beoordeeld op 28-12-2017

Pluspunten

Group chats and file sharing are a lifesaver. No one likes group texts, they're annoying and don't carry over well between mobile platforms. With Quip, we can share a group chat that isn't annoying. File sharing helps when people are out of the office. We're always on the go and being able to send things back and forth without it getting lost in email is wonderful. Getting everyone together for meetings is almost always impossible with our crazy schedules and we never manage to pass the info around to everyone. This way we can send it out to everyone and know it was received. The to-do list function helps keep me organized.

Minpunten

The price. At some point you start wondering is it really worth the price of every additional app and software you need. We have 20 something people, that adds up real quick. Much more cost effective for a smaller team.

Andrew

Great product for collaboration

Beoordeeld op 6-2-2018

Pluspunten

It is great how you are able to work on the same doc at the same time. I really appreciate the collaboration tools it offers

Minpunten

There are alerts that get generated every time a change is made - the only way to turn these alerts off is for each user to manually go in and do it themselves. They should have the alerts function at the document level

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I built a custom reporting tool without being a programmer.

Beoordeeld op 4-5-2018

I was up to produce a highly functional spreadsheet to use as a reporting tool for my upstream management.

Pluspunten

The interface is clean and user-friendly. A novice can create a robust reporting tool for your internal use in less than a week.

Minpunten

The embedded spreadsheet application has many advanced features.
The Quip spreadsheet has more bells and whistles than I could figure out in one sitting.
Quip's tutorals and customer service staff guided and coached me through the rough spots.

Cole
Cole
  • Sector: Kantoorbenodigdheden
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Quip works great at first..

Beoordeeld op 12-2-2019

We're still using Quip. But if you're not careful to make sure it's well organized, there can be communication problems.

Pluspunten

Quip is free/inexpensive. And it's easy to add people, so collaboration is a breeze.

Minpunten

When too many projects are added to Quip, it gets quite confusing. Especially if you have different users with different access levels. Suddenly you have 3 folders with nearly identical content, and you never know which one to update.

Jeff

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great product, love the simplicity

Beoordeeld op 7-11-2017

Pluspunten

Simplicity, easy to use. Export to PDF is a function we use a lot. Also a big fan of the various keyboard short cuts.

Minpunten

Customizing text and some docs. Would love a few additional templates...but no huge complaints that hinder our productivity.

robert
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

decent document collaboration and management tool

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2019

We are able to manage multiple projects and team documents and have an easy way to share and control this info.

Pluspunten

it allows you to share team documents with multiple people editing them in real time. It tracks changes as well as who made them. You can organize the documents in a way that make sense for your team. You can access via a web browser or the standalone app.

Minpunten

The interface is a little clunky sometimes. Also double clicking on folders which is the natural behavior ends up passing the second click onto whatever is directly under the folder.