Dundas BI

Flexibele software voor dashboard, rapportage en gegevensanalyse

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Buck
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Dundas BI Earned Our Decision

Beoordeeld op 30-8-2019

We have years of data that need mined. This requires the stakeholders to play with the data. We can give them all the metrics we can define, but when a user gets the chance to turn the data on its side and inside out, and then when they can bounce it around between each other, mark it up and change the visualizations on demand, it allows them to work from intuition. We are striving to help our users work from intuition, as well as from logic, to make observations; and, Dundas BI offers the ability to feed intuition.

Pluspunten

Dundas BI is a solid platform: it's more than a tool. With solid row-level security, a hefty selection of visualizations and the opportunity to present our user base with the ability to play with data, they won our vote. We compared them against: Tableau, Sisense, Domo and iDashboards. These comparative products had strengths as well, but when we made our decision, it was because Dundas gives our end users great control over visualizing what they see without unnecessary programming as well as our ability to use native SQL views we've already written with no need for modification. This in tandem with row-level security that we control at the data level made a perfect fit for our organization.

Minpunten

I like to get up and going intuitively. There wasn't a quick-start guide on how to create your first dashboard: it was pieces of learning. Having now gone through the majority of their 100-level and 200-level courses and having created a number of assets, I can see why Dundas wants you to do their training...but for heavy programming go-getters, I wish there had been a quick document to start. They did, however, respond amazingly as they hit my demands for learning head on and answered my questions rapidly, even assigning me access to a technician for a few days while I was in crunch mode.

Luis
  • Sector: Overheidsadministratie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Explore, analyze and get fast insights of your data in an easy and fast way using Dundas BI.

Beoordeeld op 12-10-2016

I've been working in Business Intelligence for quite a long time and in the beginning it was hard to explore data and show information in form of data visualizations for the end users. Since I discovered Dundas BI, this task turned to be much more simple and easy to achieve! Dundas Bi has an IDE for developing Dashboards, Reports and Scorecards that uses the last technologies in web applications developments which makes your life simplier. The smart drag and drop design tools, the rich set of data visualizations customizable to the lowermost detail, the style and themes feature, turns possible to create rich and interactive dashboards in a breeze! Dundas BI comes with an ETL (Export , Transform and Load) layer, where you can clean and prepare your data, this is done using a canvas where you can drag your tables from a data source, choose the columns you want, aggregate them, join with other tables, filter and a lot of interesting features regarding the ETL process. It connects to a lot of data sources: Oracle, Microsoft SqlServer, Excel files, ... It is a collaborative tool, with scheduled reports, based on a metric or not, you can even annotate data points, writing a comment on it in a way that others can see and respond to it! Every view can be exported to excel, pdf, image and even powerpoint.

The management of the software is in the form all in one! every thing is done in the application, from user creation object permissions, overall configuration, project exporting/importing and management!

Pluspunten

The drag and drop feature for creating views is a very productive feature. The ETL is also great, it's easy to use and, for more advanced users, it evens permits to write direct sql against tha data source you choose. Regarding performance it has two possibilities, you can cache in memory or in DBI data warehouse. The collaborative feature of this tool is a must to have feature, I specially like the data driven notification option that could alert you by email when a specific metric goes behind a threshold or state.

Minpunten

It needs to take a step further and aboard predicted analytics!

eldad
  • Sector: Telecommunicatie
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

small company big headache

Beoordeeld op 25-3-2020

when you are dealing with a small company one would expect better customer experience, well forget it

Pluspunten

it have almost everything : reports, rich dashboards and api's

Minpunten

there app is so complex no one wants to use the self service
nothing is simple, you need to click 5 times in 5 places for sorting a table and that is due to there use of matrix and cubes

Marin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

A steep learning curve, with great reward at the end of it.

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2015

Pluspunten

Dundas is a conglomeration of expertly coded dashboard development tools and infrastructures. The thing I like most about Dundas is that they are very helpful, the gentleman assigned to me to educate me in the ways of Dundas, was one I will never forget to this day, he was calm, helpful, understanding and with his help I learned Dundas in no time.

I like the way Dundas structure's its Dashboard development, it starts with virtual tables, where the programmer can manually or automatically generate SQL queries, these queries are then used for the basis of adding statistical flavour to the Dashboard, the way this is done is very straight forward. Dundas has a steep unforgiving learning curve, but when you master the fundamentals, the sky really is the limit.

Also their support service is world class, the representatives will assist you in any way they can, they will help you understand what the issue you are facing is and provide a resolution. If they cant help you via email, they will 'WebEx' you, i.e skype call with 2 way screen control.

Everything in Dundas is customizable, charts, graphs and other statistical data can be glossed up and made to look as simple or as plush as the user envisions. You can add formulae, trend analysis and other key statistical methods are employed by Dundas.

They have charts for Finance, Risk analysis and other key statistical methodologies. All of these charts can be jazzed up with scripts so that you can Drill down and filter through the data you want in order to get the right Business Intelligence feel to your work.

Dundas supports the Data Cube, It supports Microsoft, Oracle, MySQL, EXCEL, it has export capabilities onto Excel, so those clients which prefer their data in Spreadsheets can manually export directly from the dashboard. Everything in Dundas is designed to give you the most professional feel possible at all times!

Minpunten

Dundas, for the good of it's users needs to publish more comprehensive educational equipment to train it's users, it is very hard to get to an expert level in Dundas without some help from your Friends in Dundas. I would love to see Dundas publish university style lectures, with step by step guides that show every aspect of the working sphere. With adequate educational material, one would be able to gain adept or even artisan status with the Tool on their own.

Zaman
  • Sector: Landbouw
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Dundas embodies data visulization

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2017

I think overall, I would not rule out Dundas, even with it's so called quirks. Dundas staff showed very much that they listen to users, even those that haven't purchased and have taken my criticisms to heart. Since we're not talking about a 2017 Toyota car or whatever, I feel it's important to note the constant evolution of any progressive software company. The complaints stated could be obsolete in a mere few weeks.

Pluspunten

Dundas seems to really understand the need of handling big data and the tools needed to process these overwhelming mountains of 1's and 0's into actionable data. While working with the demo of Dundas I was able to create a very helpful tree-map that showed me the dissection of purchases comparatively from vendor to vendor to evaluate our performance or "loyalty" per vendor by item category and so on.

Minpunten

The U.I. of Dundas, while quite robust, seems to concern me in regards to the amount of boxes, checks, and clicks and long clicks I have to make to merely navigate my way through the program. I would rather see more keyboard shortcuts and less "Windows Vista" popups that slow my work. I felt like the settings I would implement would get lost. For instance, I would filter the vendors that weren't pertinent to my particular evaluation, then also the item categories that I wasn't interested in working with. Later on, when in the final building of the dashboard I wanted to add a checkbox filter to allow the end user to select individual item categories and be able to view 1 or all 20-30 at a time. Strangely, even though I filtered (or so I though) this data in the data cube level, I realized that the checkbox list populated with ALL the categories. This was quite frustrating. Also, I have yet to figure out how to go from an unfinished dashboard back to the data metrics screen where I built the KPI to start with. Unless i'm mistaken, it seems you have to go back to your saved metric set and then create a new dashboard after edits. Hopefully I'm wrong in my assessment of this but even so, the answer did not seem to be intuitive .

Octavian

Dundas BI - Much more than a BI tool

Beoordeeld op 14-4-2020

Overall experience is very good, I like that there is nothing that can't be done with this tool, with regards to user requirements.

Pluspunten

Best thing about Dundas BI is that it is very extendable to user needs and it can accomplish a lot more in a very short development time, comparing to other BI tools on the market which are not so extendable and easy to use. You can also build more than a dashboard with Dundas BI, you can also create software as a service applications with complex navigation systems and all sorts of rules applied to the visualizations and it's data. Speaking of data, it also has a very powerful ETL engine that enables data transformation without needing to know SQL or other query languages.

Minpunten

These is not much to dislike at this tool but if I have to come up with an answer, I will say that the complexity of options for every visualization could be a dislike because it is very time consuming to find everything in the properties tab of each type of viz. This also may be a big like because it enables you to customize everything pixel perfect.

Ravi
  • Sector: Vastgoed

Dundas BI: Cost-effective BI Solution

Beoordeeld op 12-3-2021

It's a great tool for visualizations, dashboards. It supports connections to virtually every kind of dataset.

Pluspunten

Dundas BI is very intuitive to use because of the modern UI. Also, the customer support is just amazing. On top of that, it is very cost-effective as compared to other BI solutions in the market if you are looking for catering to a large base of users.

Minpunten

As with perhaps any other BI solution, there is a bit of a learning curve. In addition to that, in case you find any bugs/issues, you have to wait for the fix till the next major (annual) release.

Jatin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy to customize and user friendly GUI

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2020

Overall I definitely would like to recommend Dundas BI as a BI tool for organization. within a sort time of period you can easily create your own reports or dashboard.

Pluspunten

Dundas BI easy to customize and very friendly GUI. you can easily navigate to ETL process, Scheduling job, admin activity, configuration, user security and roles.

Most important thing is very well visualization options, flexibility, stability and multi tenancy licenses.

Customer Support is really very good.

Minpunten

Required better folder structure to manage data cubes, matric Set and dashboard.

Overwogen alternatieven

Microsoft Power BI

Redenen om voor Dundas BI te kiezen

Because of Multi tenancy license structure in Dundas BI and better customer support.
Derek
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness

Dundas BI

Beoordeeld op 10-11-2021

Overall I have really enjoyed my time working in Dundas BI. I have worked in a few other visualization products and haven't been able to accomplish the same things that we've accomplished in Dundas BI. I can't stress enough how flexible and customizable the product really is. The customer service is always responsive and helpful and the Dundas community forum is there to help answer questions too.

Pluspunten

What I love most about Dundas BI is the flexibility of the product. The product is so flexible that you can accomplish almost any of your data needs inside of Dundas BI. When the UI doesn't meet your needs you can use customized scripting to accomplish your tasks. Dundas BI has a Python Analysis transform that allows you write scripts using the Python programming language to perform analysis on data. Passing parameters or setting up different dashboard actions has never been easier.

Minpunten

It takes a little bit of time to learn the product and all of its functionalities. However, they have a suite of training videos for new customers as well as additional training videos to improve your application knowledge.

Kris

Comprehensive BI = Dundas BI

Beoordeeld op 1-10-2015

Pluspunten

Dundas BI is the most comprehensive BI platform available (trust me, we looked at BI products for almost a year before choosing DBI). Our three main criteria when selecting a BI platform for our clients were visualizations, reports and mobile. DBI covers all three criteria (with a codicil that will show up in the "What I like least" section) and the licensing costs are reasonable. Key features that are crazy cool: 1) DBI is data-source agnostic, 2) the scripting capability allows developers to do just about anything, 3) DBI is based on HTML5 technology (other well-known BI products are based on proprietary and/or outdated technology) and 4) the DBI support team (including the development team) provides excellent customer service.

For us, as a small software company, there is always the chance to second-guess the selection of a BI product. This was a critical decision for us as the BI software we deploy to our clients will directly impact the viability of our organization and our ability to stay relevant in the coming years. It is a testament to the DBI product and the Dundas team that the answer to the question "Did we select the right software?" is always a resounding "Yes".

Minpunten

The one knock on DBI is the lack of a mobile app. User experience is the number one factor for us when delivering products to our clients. Currently, mobile data is delivered via web pages. DBI would be greatly enhanced if the mobile experience was via a mobile app (even if the "app" was simply a wrapper the redirects users to the web page).

Mohammad

Great BI tool

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2016

We have chosen Dundas BI because of its flexibility and the ability to integrate with wide range of data sources, the open API platform that allows to do non-traditional integrations with our in-house systems.
Dundas support team are always on time to solve any issues or to provide any suggestions and java scripts to help our issues.

Pluspunten

Flexibility to do whatever you want, Open API and known scripting languages like HTML5 and JS where 99% of your word can be accomplished through drag and drop including preparing the connections to database, you can do all the task which usually have to be done through SQL language by using Dundas and only drag and drop like join, sort , filter, union, aggregation and more.

Minpunten

The tool doesn't support the 3D Charts even it is clear that 3D charts are not professional.

Alex

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Best functionalities in a BI tool that money can buy

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2018

I am working with Dundas BI since the day it was born (roughly 2014 begining) and I can say that I had only good experiences with it, as long as you know it very well.

Pluspunten

- ease of use - really intuitive
- extremly open to external integration, like javascript D3 charts, tools like TinyMCE, picture uploaders etc.
- writeback option to send data to a database
- R and Python Integration
- big array of visualisations and also some interesting ones, like Sankey Driagram, Tree Node Map, Chord Diagram etc.

Minpunten

- big learning curve for developers
- not so self service BI orientated
- Dundas diferentiates a dashboard from a report or scorecars, so you have to learn how to do 3 things

Guillaume
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Hands down the best value for money

Beoordeeld op 28-6-2019

Pluspunten

The first impression (pre-sales traject) is awesome. The people at Dundas are very friendly and efficient. When you actually start using it, there is a lot that can be done out of the box, and Dundas helps you in many places to make your life easy. For most of the rest, you can extend it programmatically.
Support is usually quite efficient, and there are a few great experts on the forum to get extra help.
The price and licencing models are really good and client friendly, especially for small companies.

Minpunten

If you want to do something which doesn't fall within what Dundas expects you to do this becomes tricky quite fast (it is still doable most of the time, though).
Everything in Dundas can be overridden in multiple places. It is as powerful as it is confusing.

Cosmin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

best of breed, open standards BI dashboarding environment

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2018

keep up the great work -- after a two months, in-depth technical review of about a dozen BI tools out there, including PowerBI, Spotfire, DOMO, MicroStrategy, Pyramid Analytics, Tableau, Looker, Qlik, + Open Source solutions -- for the aforementioned points, our company settled on DundasBI, as the "best of breed", most flexible, scalable, modern, fast, "future-proof" & cost-effective solution.

In no particular order:
1. Licensing options: a. concurrent, b. unlimited, c. perpetual (some vendors may offer just one or two)
2. Open Standards & API hooks for JavaScript, .Net, REST
3. "No pressure" Sales engagement.
4. Company is willing to go the extra mile to assist with POCs, onboarding, technology adoption.,
5. Clear documentation, FAQ's, Scripting Samples.
6. Forums to interact with community.
7. Modern, fast GUI, with rich set of components.
8. Frequent product updates.
9. Fast, responsive and knowledgeable support personnel.
10. Scalable architecture.

Minpunten

takes a bit getting used to, to ramp up on complex engineering/solutioning of needs (including scripting), for notice JavaScript/REST developers, however the company is willing and able to assist with these endeavors.

Dragos-Mihail
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2021

---

The product is easy to use and flexible

Minpunten

Nothing is difficult to use, the software is flexible

Overwogen alternatieven

Tableau

Redenen om over te stappen op Dundas BI

The product is easy to use and flexible
Kristi
  • Sector: Luchtvaart(maatschappijen)

Very Flexible, Lots of Features, Semi-intuitive

Beoordeeld op 31-3-2020

It has been challenging. I have database experience in many facets, but the concept of the cube was new to me as well as slicers, hierarchy, measures, etc. Once I got my project going, it made more since. I am enjoying Dundas very much and know it has so many more features that our company could utilize. Highly recommend.

Pluspunten

If you have ever wished for a BI product that you can change just this item, or enhance this item or be able to drag and drop this one, then Dundas is for you! It has everything you can think of and many features that you did not! I also enjoy the new THE CUBE community where you can ask questions, work on your skills and earn rewards.

Minpunten

It wasn't intuitive at first. Once you get into it, it gets better. I found that I am sailing right along, got into a new area, and could not move the handles or anything on the grid. Come to find out you have to click off the grid, then it shows you the dimensions. That is one example. There are non-standard methods, but once you know it, it is easy.

Rafeek
  • Sector: Machine- en installatiebouw

A fresh view of analytics with Dundas BI

Beoordeeld op 11-10-2015

Pluspunten

Having used other dashboard and reporting softwares, Dundas brings a breath of freshness into the analytics domain. The rendering of graphs, charts and other visualization is very appealing to novice as well as experienced users. The fact that it is web based with the flexibility to connect to a raft of datasets makes it a strong contender.

Minpunten

As the resultant information that Dundas produces are viewed in different kinds of mediums, the responsive design architecture needs to a bit more intuitive and easy to design and develop. Similar to the sandbox view, there could be other predefined views targeting mobile and tablets.

UTSAV

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Top notch visualisation and analytics capabilities

Beoordeeld op 11-1-2018

Amazing customer support

Pluspunten

very smooth visualisation, easy to deploy, easy to expand, inbuilt R and python support, data cubes, customer support is top notch.

Minpunten

They need to improve on community. But they have already started with dundas bi vip forum. In near future that will be resolved

Elmar

Dundas BI review

Beoordeeld op 7-9-2016

Dundas BI is a very flexible tool to create the most creative dashboards and or reports. If there is something you can't figure out you can contact there support and you will always get an answer within a day.

Pluspunten

The number of visualisations and the flexibility especially when you also start scripting

Minpunten

At the moment we have some difficulties with the export but that it also our own fault. We created a very complex table that we need to export.

Mark
  • Sector: Nutsbedrijven

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Highly Customizable Dashboard Tool for Experts and Novices Alike.

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2017

Pluspunten

The ability to apply custom looks and functionality through CSS and JavaScript make it a great took for embedded BI. The data cubes make ETL simple for even complex transforms of large data sets.

Minpunten

The menus and sheer number of settings and options can be intimidating and a little frustrating in the beginning, but as users learn the tool and spend more time in it this is less of an issue.

Michelle

New to Dundas BI Platform

Beoordeeld op 6-10-2015

Pluspunten

Dundas BI is fairly intuitive, which makes for a quick win. This product is extremely flexible, dynamic, and easy to use. The support staff will go far and above in assisting you, they will help you truly understand what the issue is so you can learn from it not just repair it.

Minpunten

Part of what I appreciate about the product also frustrates me. It is so customizable that you can get lost in customizing and forget about ‘why’ you were developing the visualization to begin with. I am new to this product and have found myself calling support because I have "customized myself" into an error, but never fear the support team always manages to untangle my mess.

We were somewhat hoping to reuse some of the datasets we created in Dundas for other projects but unfortunately the way the warehouse it set up it is not possible to reuse the data (that I am aware of).

Rony

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Outstanding data visualisation platform!

Beoordeeld op 25-9-2015

Pluspunten

Product: Truly flexible, dynamic, and easy to use visualisation product. We have reviewed many that are available on the market, but Dundas stands out because of the stunning aesthetics, responsive and touch-enabled interface and highly robust deployment capabilities.

Vendor: I can not fault the customer service, it is one the best that I have ever come across. For this reason in particular, I'd highly recommend Dundas to anyone without a doubt.

Minpunten

Nothing to add here - very happy with the service provided and the Dundas BI solution.

Helge

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Highly customizable BI software with awesome features and visualisations

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2017

We tried out many BI tools but Dundas is over all for us the best BI tool on the marked.

Pluspunten

You can customize everything. Ease to use. Pixel perfect visualisations. Great support. Massive out-of-the-box capabilities.

Minpunten

The collaboration functionalities could be better. A function to send messages to other users for example would be create.

Pieter
  • Sector: Automotive

Dundas Review

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2019

Pluspunten

ease of design, flexibility of functionalities, access to data

Minpunten

due to the massive amount of libraries, methods and scripts one can utilize to efficiently create, the learning curve can be somewhat steep in the beginning and when time is limited

Kacper

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Dundas BI is on a sharp upward trajectory, check it out!

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2016

Pluspunten

Dundas BI lets you install, prepare data, visual, and explore your data within minutes. It has a fast and intuitive user interface. No corners have been cut and the features are impressive. You can prepare data as well as a true ETL tool and prepare multi page reports as well as the big stack vendors. Finally, I want to laud their customer service. No other tech company comes close to the high standards Dundas has set for service and reliability.

Minpunten

There is only a small community of users compared to bigger solutions. It's not the fault of Dundas. It's a niche product and it's something to consider.