Dentrix Ascend

4,1 (229)
Schrijf een review!
Cloudgebaseerde software voor het beheer van tandartspraktijken

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sharon

Great Dental Software

Beoordeeld op 10-5-2019

Pluspunten

We truly love the ease of this software, it's easy to learn, anyone new in the office is able to learn the system very quickly. For our office, it was a perfect solution, we have multiple locations and can quickly toggle between locations for scheduling and payment, it has made it extremely easy to oversee both locations. Another great aspect to this software, since it is web based they are able to continually update and make it even better, this has been great, we are happy with everything they have created!

Minpunten

There are several features we are really waiting for, an online time clock, and online RX.

Rylee
  • Sector: Alternatieve geneeskunde
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Perfect for multiple offices!

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

Very good I work for multiple dental groups and have recommended this to my other dental groups who were not using it!

Pluspunten

I work with a dental company that owns five different offices! This software is awesome because it can easily be used in any of the offices and the information doesn’t have to be sent back-and-forth it is already in the software.

Minpunten

Having adjust from the original Dentrix software to the ascend version has some minor challenges and differences.

Jesse
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Gutless

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2017

Our office made the switch from Viive, which itself was a very frustrating piece of software as it would constantly drop connection to the server even after several "fixes" and technical support sessions with both Mac and Viive. I was excited for Dentrix Ascend, being a long-time Dentrix veteran, knowing the power of the Dentrix applications. However, in my experience with Dentrix Ascend so far, it is clear that Ascend is a gutless wonder, especially compared with how powerful Dentrix Proper is (and even Eaglesoft, for that matter!), and as such, is has been an utter disappointment. Full disclosure: I handle the front office/insurance/accounting end of things, so I cannot speak to the clinical end of things. My review is solely of the front office and accounting end of things. Keep in mind it may be delightful for the clinician. I am pleased with the fact that we no longer have to deal with constant server connection fails, so that is nice. But still not enough to make up for Ascend's other shortcomings. My first gripe is that once an insurance carrier is established, you cannot edit the payor ID. And once groups are established under a carrier, you cannot move the groups. This means, if a carrier is set up incorrectly (say, with payor ID 06126 that directs the clearing house to print and mail all claim) with several groups, you have to manually recreate the carrier and each group underneath, which is a cumbersome and time-consuming process. Secondly, with the procedure codes, many of them default to "mouth" for treatment area, even for common codes that virtually every insurance company requires more specific information. If the procedure code is used a single time, you lose the ability to edit even the treatment area. This was a big problem for us, as treatment plans converted over with several codes that are uneditable because they are "in use." We have had to create several "alias" codes, which the clinical side now has to remember to choose. Third, Viive allowed for payment tables under each group (similar to Dentrix Proper and Eaglesoft and several other software options), that would allow any exceptions in payment to be logged for future prediction. This is not the case in Ascend. This was an important Viive feature for us because we participate with an insurance company who calculates payment based on two fee schedules: maximum allowable per provider contract and maximum allowable according to policy contract. With Ascend, you are at the mercy of coverage percentages and cannot account for the two separate yet inseparable fee schedule. I got excited when I saw the "copay" field in the coverage table and spent a large amount of time updating this field for each group, only to find out from technical support that this is not a covered feature. So, ultimately we have had to develop external tools to help us predict patient responsibility. Dentrix Ascend has completely failed us in this area. Finally, we have hit a roadblock with NEA attachments. We are having to continue using Viive because of the inability of ledgers to be transferred over to Ascend (ledgers include open claims). To make a long story short, because we are maintaining a subscription to NEA through Viive in order to be able to keep sending attachments for unresolved claims, we are unable to send attachments through Ascend. Our only options are 1) to terminate our NEA subscription under Viive and print and mail all claims requiring attachments, 2) to manually move treatment over to Ascend and resume claim troubleshooting under Ascend, or 3) print and mail all claims from Ascend requiring attachments. We are probably going to go with option (1), but really, any option is a huge inconvenience. Bottom line, as the numbers and insurance person, I would never recommend this software in its current state. I am a huge Eaglesoft critic, but I would wholeheartedly recommend even that software over Dentrix Ascend. Ascend, you have a long way to go before you will get my vouch.

Pluspunten

Access from anywhere, line-item accounting, some user-defined reports, everything is backed up in the cloud. There is potential.

Minpunten

Just about everything else: confusing ledger, user-unfriendly insurance setup, inability to edit procedure codes, inability to override insurance payments at a group level and on a procedure code level, NEA attachment failures.

Nicholas

Great Ascend

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

Ascend has made it possible to cross train our clinical staff through it’s intuitive design; and this has made our patient turnover very efficient, while reducing the need for addition front desk personnel.

Pluspunten

This software saves countless hours of additional administrative work and processing mistakes. Our office switched from Eagle Soft, which we ran on a closed network, about 5 years ago; and after learning how to use theAscend software, I can honestly say that it was one of the best decisions that we have ever made for our practice.

Minpunten

There’s nothing that I don’t particularly dislike about the software. However, there is room for improvement with some of the newer features. For example, real time benefits along with automated verification and eligibility would make Ascend the perfect software, in my option.

Lacey

Easy to follow & use

Pluspunten

I like the ease of use...meaning it's easy to navigate. Simplified version of their more complex server-based Software

Minpunten

I wish the reporting was more like their server-based software

Bethany

Love Dentrix Ascend

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

Pluspunten

* Software updates happen automatically at night when we're out of the office do it does not interrupt our work day.

* Being able to put in down grades is a huge help

* Very user friendly

Minpunten

* Certain things are not as customizable as we would like ie: patient forms, text message communications

* Would love more options on insurance coverage

* When you change an address or phone number there should be an option to apply it to everyone listed on the account. It is very time consuming to change it on every single family member, especially when there's like 8 people.

* Switching primary and secondary insurance is very difficult and time consuming

Jodi

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Pedo

Beoordeeld op 12-5-2021

Pluspunten

Works well, cloud based is wonderful. So many "workarounds" suggested rather than ensuring a truly functional product.

Minpunten

All of the suggested "workarounds" instead of ensuring true functionality. VERY challenging and time consuming to create insurance fee schedules with copay percentages for each plan. Should have option for patients to automatically become inactive after "X" number of months have passed since last visit. Should not be able to appoint inactive patients without first changing them to active. Better notification of balances / credits / ideally on appointment card. The ability to delete any procedure (EVEN IF IT IS ON A PRE-D). The ability to add a D0230 to a treatment plan without first having to add D0220 then change as a line item to D0230. Online scheduling never worked properly/ MANY ERRORS in scheduling/ double booking/ and we have now disabled.

Sheena

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great potential for cloud-based software

Beoordeeld op 11-5-2021

Overall, great. I used Curve Hero for a while and I have been happier with the speed of the technology.

Pluspunten

Cloud-based, constantly evolving, easy to use once getting the hang of it, images are well-organized and acquisition agent is within the software itself, which is great.
Creating templates is great and super customizable. Can be used for multiple offices with ease!

Minpunten

CBCT not included, redundant, changing providers, unable to select multiple things to change at a time.

Mia

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Dentrix Ascend Review

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

Dentrix Ascend helps us to schedule patients, assist with insurance, and allow us to have paperless office, which is the bulk of what we need in the office.

Pluspunten

I like that I can access this software from any location and even on my phone. It allows me to be able to assist patient's and access the schedule when I'm not in the office.

Minpunten

I don't like the way the Day sheet report prints out. I don't like how if a dollar amount is over $1000 it doesn't show the full number on the report when it's printed out. I also don't like that I can't tag payments with multiple tags. For example, If I enter a credit card payment I can only tag they credit card type but can't add like a tag for the doctor that provided the service for whom that payment is going towards. I also don't like that we can't customize text or send manual text messages to patients. I'm still getting use to using the software but the power reporting I find it not very user friendly.

Jason
Jason

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Ascend is a great platform for many practices, especially those with multiple practices

Beoordeeld op 16-11-2018

pretty good, Always improving. I'd like them to fix the couple cons but I feel like they will over the next year.

Pluspunten

Shared database between both offices.
Easy to learn
Modern
Always adding functionality.

Missing API
Missing customizable paperless form.

Karlie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Has potential.... needs more features

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2019

Would really be a great program, however it is missing too many key components.

Would really be a great program, however it is missing too many key components.

Pluspunten

The program is visually great to look at and is very basic, easy to use.

Minpunten

Ascend must incorporate more features from outside sources. At this seminar out of a large room of vendors, we could not find 1 who's program could be used within Ascend.

srinivas
  • Sector: Hoger onderwijs
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Dentrix for dental practice management

Beoordeeld op 20-8-2019

Patient appointment and payment methods are great. there are no features that allows to capture patient feedback. charting is good and can be changed over time. referral process is still manual. there should be a voluntary/ optional training program for subscribers every year offered by the company.

Pluspunten

user friendly, easy layout, great features

Minpunten

tricky to use, inability to add templates, referral processes

Elizabeth

Excellent move from server-based Dentrix

Beoordeeld op 9-11-2018

Before using Ascend, we were constantly having server and networking problems. There was no telling what morning we would come in and have a problem accessing our PMS. It happened so frequently that when we finally had our server crash, we jumped on the opportunity to upgrade to a cloud based program. Although using Ascend is a complete change from using Dentrix, we became familiar with the new program within a few weeks and have never looked back! It was the best choice we ever made!

Pluspunten

I love that the software makes regular updates that I don't have to download and apply myself. The ease of having our program available on different devices like an iPad makes it extremely convenient. Ascend is highly user friendly, if you can use a webpage, you can use the program. I also love not ever having to worry about an access problem when I have an issue with the server!

Minpunten

There are some features not available. There aren't as many options to change settings for individual practices as there are in server based programs. It was difficult to get used to using only one module at a time; ie: I can't have the ledger open on one person and look the chart at the same time.

Karen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

Usee Friendly Software and Excellent Customer Service

Beoordeeld op 25-5-2021

Pluspunten

It is so easy to use. You can request features that are often considered and implemented. The ongoing updates are great. Technical support is excellent.

Minpunten

The perio comparison chart is difficukt to read. The note that we set up for scheduling(i.e. provider request) does not pop up when the appointment is being made.

Mendy
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Ascend is the BEST!

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019

Pluspunten

I was a long-time regular Dentrix user so when I branched out to open my own practice, I wanted something that was similar to what I was used to but also had even better perks! And I feel like we got just that with Ascend. It’s easy to use from any computer, laptop, iPad, phone or even from home. And the BEST part is they are always asking their current users what can be improved upon... they want their clients happy with Ascend! I love it.

Minpunten

Only a couple of cons... but I think that the Ascend software developers are currently working on these:
No time clock within Ascend

-ease of training
-integration of imaging
-continuous improvement

-does not integrate with 3rd party applications well
-would like to be able to open it to one patient instead of a Home Screen first

Kelsie

Dentrix

Pluspunten

I think the system is very easy to function. It can do a lot more than we even take advantage.

Minpunten

I do not like how hygiene Rec are is defaulted to every 4 months for a prophy. Other than that I cannot think of many cons.

Kayte

Best Dental Software I've Used To Date

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019

This software has helped our practice optimize each patient appointment and improved our office flow dramatically. I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a cloud based software.

Pluspunten

I have utilized four separate software systems in dental offices and Dentrix Ascend has by far been the best. If you are computer/internet versed it is a great software to invest in. Being cloud based I love being able to access the software anywhere, they are always updating and adding great new features, the customer service representatives are helpful and friendly every time you call in, the insurance area is very impressive, everything is easy to use and navigate (excluding reports).

Minpunten

The reporting area in Dentrix is very hard to navigate. I do have to call in to run most reports that are not standard, but the customer service reps are always kind and eager to help.

Ivy
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Critical Part of Success

Beoordeeld op 1-11-2019

I purchased a satellite office from a retiring dentist. I am practicing 2 1/2 - 3 days a week by appointment only by myself (no staff). I can't imagine running the office without Dentrix Ascend. I worked as an associate for 16 years at a practice that used standard Dentrix. I keep telling my old boss to purchase Dentrix Ascend. They never uploaded the updates that came via disk, so they kept piling up. They did not want to pay for the IT guy to come to the office to update the system.

Pluspunten

I love the automatic updates to features that pop up when I log in with full explanations available for me to choose when to watch.

Minpunten

I have no complaints about this software.

dawood

highly recommended

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

i really love the software hope they can make the reporting a little easier to work with.

Pluspunten

i used to use so many plug ins application to do run the business the i wanted, but now i just have Dentrix Ascend and that can take care of all those thing for me. the ability to have access for any where and from any device is a blessing.

Minpunten

i would like to see more about reporting. its not as great as it was in the original dentrix software. but you can do a lot more with this one.

Jazmine

Great Product With Room to Grow

Beoordeeld op 7-8-2019

Ascend has been a great improvement to our office. It allows us to keep patient records, images, appointments, accounts, insurance tracking, etc. all in one place that is accessible even when we are not in office. We have remote employees and the ability for them to be able to work off-site while still having access to the information they need has been a huge help.

Pluspunten

The software has a lot of capabilities and is very useful. The fact that it's cloud based is wonderful for convenience and accessibility when we're not in the office.

Minpunten

As with most newer programs, is a work in progress. It has it's limitations like any program but with that being said, they are always taking user input and continuously bringing out updates that cater the the needs of their user base and their customer service is particularly good.

Stu

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best management decision we have made in info. systems

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2019

We don't have to have multiple servers in each location.

We don't have to have multiple servers in each location.

Pluspunten

Easy to navigate, fast response and download time, very straight-forward.

Minpunten

Subscription cost has gone up. Sometimes on Chromebooks, charts do not load correctly.

Scott

Ascend is Great

Beoordeeld op 4-12-2018

Before Dentrix we were a six office company, with six individual servers. They had no ability to communicate/share patient info. So we operated like six small offices. Ascend has allowed us to operate as one company, with six offices. For anyone looking to have a firm grasp of the business side of your business, Ascend is the software for you.

Pluspunten

Ascend is easy to use, and very reliable. The reporting capabilities go above and beyond what you need, especially if you are a multi-location operation. And the fact that it is cloud based means you don't need to invest in servers or a lot of infrastructure. All you need is an internet connection.

Minpunten

Only small drawback is there is no lab case management feature, yet.

Tracy
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Ascending To New Heights

Beoordeeld op 18-6-2021

Overall a success. We are able to train staff efficiently, have multitiers of user management.

Pluspunten

Works across the cloud and therefore can see all our locations by permission. Multiple ways to navigate patient records.

Minpunten

Stalling, slow downs, having to log out/close out and log in or refresh multiple times per day. Patient Health updates, Claim status information.

Thomas

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy to use at location and home

Beoordeeld op 12-5-2021

For the cost and the ability to use my laptop and PC at home I would recommend it to anybody in the medical or dental profession

Pluspunten

I really like the ability to look at my radiographs and do my notes at home in case I didn’t have time to do my notes at the office it seamlessly works both in the office and at home or on my laptop when I am on vacation

Minpunten

You’re a really little cons with this product it matches well with the competition currently on the market