Toast POS

heeft deze app aanbevolen
Sorteren op

heather

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Toast is a modern and still growing POS and restaurant management product

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019

Toast has helped us organize and stay nimble through aggressive company growth. Looking forward to the next period with Toast where we adopt their HR, payroll, and scheduling features.

Pluspunten

Toast allows users to log on to its website to edit menu items, run reports, track punch-in's. In the past, POS systems were loaded into desktops in the back office. It's so refreshing to update, edit, and from anywhere because it's based off a website.

The devices that Toast has selected for installation in the restaurants are modern, slim, and highly functional.

Minpunten

Toast can slow down, which isn't good news when the restaurant is busy.

The sales tracking is still not as robust as I would hope from a product that does so much else so well. For instance, it can be hard to get results on the sales of a menu item for an entire year.

Antwoord van Toast Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Heather, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear you are seeing the benefits of a cloud-based software and enjoy our hardware. We also look forward to continuing to work with you and helping your restaurant thrive!

Elise

I love Toast!

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2022

My overall experience with Toast has been great. We love doing business with you.

Pluspunten

I love that i can change a button on a dime, update prices easily and the customer service is friendly to work with and always helpful.

Minpunten

I don't like that during a power outage that there isn't a battery backup on the system so my staff can still update their tips before the 4:00 am batch out time for credit card processing. We recently lost power for almost 48 hrs and we were open, there was not really any plan in place per Toast. We cant just not pay our staff their hard earned tips.

lex

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Customer service and account management has gone from a 9 to a zero in the past 3 years.

Terrible.

Pluspunten

I would like to have someone get me the upgrade, but there is no one to speak to.

Minpunten

There is zero account management. I have several issues that are critical and I cannot get one person who is capable of making any decision or even sending me to the right place.

Nick

First Class

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

From point of sale, to payment processing, to administrative setup up, to analytics and reporting, this is legitimately the most intuitive operating system I've used in nearly two decades in the restaurant industry. I sing its praises to every restaurateur/industry employee I come across.

Pluspunten

Intuitive front and back end for both user and admin. It is night and day from every other operating system I've used. Everything about this system is designed around the end user experience and implemented nearly flawlessly.

Minpunten

Occasional difficulty with card reader/ hardware. Though issues are dealt with promptly by customer service.

Square Point of Sale en Upserve

Redenen om over te stappen op Toast POS

The demo blew us away with its functionalities and ease of use. It really feels like it was designed by restaurant workers for restaurant workers.
Pamela

Gft

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2023

I have had a wonderful experience with the system and with the staff in all departments

Pluspunten

The ease of use of the POS, the reports, payroll

Minpunten

There was nothing really I didn’t like I guess if I had to choose it would be the ability to contact the tax area of toast

Matt

The Gold Standard of Restaurant Point of Sale Systems

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2023

Truly exceptional. Toast support and continued development of the platform will keep me a guest /client for life. I’m impressed at every turn and I have a ton of experience w other systems. Toast is just so far ahead.

Pluspunten

Deep easy to use functionality Incredible reporting and kitchen management.

Minpunten

I would love the addition of a report writer. Reporting is deep and covers my needs but I’m a data hound and would love a report writer.

Paul

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

New Restaurant - so glad we made the switch before opening

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2022

Great product, I tried to implement another POS system for months prior to opening. It was so cumbersome, I switched to Toast last minute and have been extremely happy with the system.

Pluspunten

It was seamless it integrate our products onto the software prior to opening. The kitchen display screen is a lifesaver. Customer service for the POS and Payroll has been outstanding. Getting help when we needed has been amazing.

Minpunten

User permission levels are clunky to implement, as well modifiers for food items. Also, the integration of the POS to the Payroll. I have to manually delete hours every payroll for all employees on salary. They still needed to clock in to use the POS, so it records their hours, thus causing me to have to delete it while doing payroll. Seems like an easy glitch to fix, but nothing available yet.

kestrel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Beware!

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2020

Pluspunten

I signed on to Toast because they touted themselves as software specifically for restaurants so I thought it would be an easy transition. It was not. As a POS system the functionality is fine. Servers can ring in food and it prints where we tell it but good luck pulling even basic, typical reports any restaurant would need. A lot of the reports I would want are listed as possible but then they don't populate with actual numbers. Support has no clue. I can wait to talk to a support person for 20 minutes sometimes or even get a "we'll call you back" which comes 24 hours or more later which is such a bummer when I have a guest waiting for a check and I need support to do it. When I do get them on the line they know about as much as I do about how to work the software.

Minpunten

Toast talks big and presents a front like they know what they are doing but they don't seem to grasp even simple financial or restaurant concepts. Do your servers split tips with a bartender or other support staff? Too bad because you are going to need to create your own spreadsheet outside the system to do that and then tediously go day by day to get the tip info for payroll. It is significantly more expensive than what I was doing before and they forced me to buy all their hardware, like printers and tablets which is dumb. Any old tablet would work better than theirs because they have it locked so we can't play music through it or manage our Instagram account. The list of problem s is too long to even go into here. DO NOT GET SUCKERED INTO RUNNING PAYROLL THROUGH THEM. The payroll program is a complete and utter joke. They have no clue.

Antwoord van Toast Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Kestrel, Mora here from Toast. Thank you for providing this feedback, we are continually working on improving our reporting, analytics, and Payroll platform, and appreciate hearing from you. To ensure performance, we will continue to recommend that you only run Toast software on Toast hardware. I'm sorry to hear you have been having trouble getting ahold of our Support team. If our line (617) 682-0225 is busy, please log on to Toast Central (central.toasttab.com) to chat with them live during business hours. I have notified your Restaurant Success Manager to inform them of the issues you've been having and they will be in touch.

Rachel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Toast Toast Toast

Beoordeeld op 22-12-2022

I think that overall I enjoy Toast, I am not looking to change over to anything new. I really dislike the tech support side. I had an issue that took 4 months to resolve that seriously impacted my business and I kept having to re-explain my issue over and over again and call multiple times a week for answers. I also have have pretty incompetent people not able to troubleshoot with me over the phone and I am on the phone with an issue no less than an hour, which really makes it difficult for me to do my job considering I have one screen and I need to be present for my customers. I had no help setting up any of my devices and ended up doing it completely by myself, which, of course, there were some initial kinks to work out. Aside from tech support, it's been easy to use for the most part and I find that it helps my business a lot.

Pluspunten

I love the back end use of toast, once you understand how to set up the menus, it is really easy to go in and make changes. I love the ability to compare sales from any date, and I love the daily/ weekly break down all in one area. It's also very user friendly when ringing up customers, once it is all organized, it's quick and efficient.

Minpunten

Some of the lesser used components are overly complex like the sales categories and how to make changes and groupings. Assigning comp buttons doesn't always work. I just wish that there had been more help upon set up.

Patrick

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Good but could be better

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2023

Over all our experience is positive. Being able to extract data from sales & labor is a big help in budgeting for future sales periods

Pluspunten

The ease of updating menu products, employee information and setting up specials/time specific sales. Also the ease to correct transactions & issue refunds is a pro.

Minpunten

There are some features that could be implemented. Adding drink / food recipes look up to the menu item button would be very helpful. Also adding a generic calculator app for the staff to access would also be very helpful

Patrick
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

Excellent Service, with one caveat

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2022

The system itself is excellent, though their customer service leaves something to be desired.

Pluspunten

Easy to use, easy to set up different stations (bar, kitchen, prep), very little goes wrong day to day

Minpunten

I've stopped contacting customer service because, most often, I know more about the system than they do. Multiple times I've called or chatted, asking for some feature to be implemented to be told that it can't be done; only to find, after some detective work by me, that it can, in fact, be done.

Square Payments

Redenen om voor Toast POS te kiezen

Cost, ease of use, integration of online ordering

Cost, ease of use, integration of online ordering
Charles

An Affordable Alternative to Aloha and Micros

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2020

A perfect system for a small restaurant with a lot of very handy features. They are extremely flexible with pricing options.

Pluspunten

TOAST is a solid point of sale system available for a very reasonable price. Adding, editing and removing menu items can be done quickly and remotely. Printer routing and other back of house set up is a breeze. Customer service staff is well trained and very reliable.

Minpunten

Not really designed for large scale/ high volume operations. KDS screens have some issues.

Redenen om over te stappen op Toast POS

Was able to negotiate a great price and has some really fantastic features.
Todd

Toast POS Review

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2023

It has definitely made the data analysis easier which allows us to improve our business.

Pluspunten

I think it is very user friendly and creates easy to analyze data points.

Minpunten

I feel there are some aspects that can be very useful but without taking the time to become an expert I am probably not using it the most effectively. And time is hard to come by.

Teri

Love this System!!!

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2023

The business has had no issues other than 1 time and I called and was put back online very quick!THANK YOU!!

Pluspunten

I love how easy this system is to use. I was scared to try this and was sooo happy we did. It really made everyday so much easier & service became more accurate and FASTER!

Minpunten

No problems on using Toast to give a negative rating.

Square Point of Sale, Clover en SpotOn

Redenen om over te stappen op Toast POS

Toast was set up the best, ease of use, perfect for our business!!
Mehdi

Expensive but worth it

Beoordeeld op 4-1-2023

I like it very much . The integration prices are too high but the rest is fine.

Pluspunten

Reports and analysis is so good and it's so user-friendly and so easy to learn and train for employees.

Minpunten

They are so busy when it comes to customer service but if you wait for them they definitely fix your issue but the problem is they're super busy for calls. But honestly for the past w years I had to call them like 2 times and the system worked so good all the time.

Square Point of Sale

Redenen om voor Toast POS te kiezen

Better options on toast

Redenen om over te stappen op Toast POS

Options and accuracy also the reports
Michelle

Why I chose Toast

Beoordeeld op 30-3-2017

With now being in business a full year now, I have and I still am learning pro and cons of doing business. I have worked in restaurants but I have never been on the manager/owner side and it's not as easy as you think it is. When running your own business for the most part you are on your own! I sat down with a computer tech to figure out the best POS system for my business. There are SO many out there and being unfamiliar with them a lot of research was done! I attended the Gordon Food Show a month before we opened and I got to see first hand how Toast worked. I was very impressed with the system and how easy it looked to operate (remember I've never been on this side of the business) and we had decided to work 100% with Gordon Food Service because of their support and looking at our best interest for starting our business. Now a year later, I could't imagine being with another POS system so no regrets here on choosing Toast for our POS!

Pluspunten

Customer Support! - I rate them 100 on this!! Any questions I have big or small, they are just a phone call away! If my call isn't answered right away or I get busy, they have the feature to leave your number and they will call you back ASAP.
Customer Service - Being a tech and answering some of the crazy questions (I'm one who probably has the most) they are always patient, friendly and very professional when answering questions.

Minpunten

Credit Card Processing Fees - With other Processing companies out there some are cheaper but overall with Toast, they win. It's the hidden fees you have to watch. Toast fees appear to be higher but what you see is what you get where with the other guys you have to read the fine print.

Steve

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Toast POS for Restaurants

Beoordeeld op 3-1-2023

We have had a great Toast experience overall. It is a vast improvement over our previous POS system and saves us a great deal of time by giving us important information in a concise, effective format.

Pluspunten

The whole package is easy to use and provides a huge amount of valuable information. It also helps build sales with ordering and marketing options (some of which are at additional cost).

Minpunten

The initial installation required us to do a great deal of the set-up work, which required outside technical help. It also would have been nice to have someone present for an extra day or two to help with errors and changes. I am interested in rolling out Toast Order and Pay, but Toast can't locate a similar restaurant for me to model, which is causing delays in using this feature.

mattt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

The functionality is perfect, the credit cards fees and the customer service are terrible

Beoordeeld op 13-1-2022

great when your buying, lots of turnover in account management, and customer service is non existent when you have a real issue... you just have to deal with it until they decide to call you during your rush, so you can't take the call and then you start all over again.. LOL

Pluspunten

functionality. We have used for 10 years about, since they started I guess we are early adopters. It has truly developed into a great pos, with lots of flexibility. The online ordering portal is second to none. Though they should have some features, like car color and make type options.

Minpunten

Credit card fees for card not on hand is exorbitant and you can't use other cc companies with this software/tablet. The customer service might be the worst I have ever experienced. "we will escalate this to tier 2" blah, blah, blah.. hilarious. We have a mountain of open cases. Our first pos was with a local guy who built his own software. It was incredible how flexible the software was. It even downloaded directly into our quickbooks without any third party having to do translation. Amazing!! ultimately he retired and never took the software to the next level. Too bad.

Chris

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

No support

Beoordeeld op 21-1-2022

Overall the customer service is the problem. We were a new business so we asked them to help us set it up. Obviously all of our questions did not arise during that initial setup and they never properly set it up for our menu/service. Support was a joke in helping us thereafter. We have not even used all the modules out of frustration. We have had to make adjustments we go , but it is still not optimized after 3 years. We wanted this to work for us because it is such an easy to use and adjust platform, but, we are considering a new company after 3 years. If you are a new business and not sure how to set this up, find another company. The support team is clearly not skilled. There will be issues. They will advise you to watch countless videos. That is not support.

Pluspunten

Relatively easy to use if set up properly. Easy to adjust menu on the fly. Offline CC processing. Payroll is responsive.

Minpunten

They do not give you the time of day unless they are trying to sell you something. Waste of money paying them to set it up. We can't even get good support using a free trial of their new service modules . They will just tell you how much this will increase your sales.

Jill

Daily Toast POS User

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2020

I find it to be a simple platform that is very user friendly.

Pluspunten

I enjoy how many items can be displayed throughout the system within endless categories. It is very simple to edit the spelling of a product, the price or the quantity you have remaining. Adding more products is just as easy and for the food and bar industry we all know how many modifications guests request (and you can never have that many buttons), so the "special request" option, which allows you to type and charge whatever you would like below a certain item ordered is a lifesaver.

Minpunten

It is frustrating that Toast categorizes every product alphabetically. Additionally, our company has had better credit processing company offers but we are locked into Toast's credit processing and higher fees.

Antwoord van Toast Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Jill, Mora from Toast here. We're thrilled to hear Toast's menu options have made entering orders a more simple and efficient process for your team. I would like to suggest the "Item Order" section of the article "Menu Items", available on Toast Central (central.toasttab.com) for guided instruction on customizing the order of your menu items.

Kathi

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Toast is an excellent POS system

Beoordeeld op 19-12-2022

They are constantly striving to improve and be best in class and as a POS system they are the best we have ever used......and we have used 3 before this one

Pluspunten

It is a very user-friendly POS system on the front and back end. Being cloud-based makes changing things on the fly extremely helpful.

Minpunten

Inability to custom brand online ordering options, and inability to print menus from the POS menu database

Alexander
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Toast POS: The Modern Day POS System You Should Be Using

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2019

Overall Toast is the future of the POS game. As evidenced by its recent fundraises, Toast is anticipated to take over the market. It may take a bit of time for larger, older organizations to adopt the technology given the amount of time they have input into older systems, but it's only a matter of time before the switches happen.

Pluspunten

Toast is a phenomenal POS system that blows the legacy players such as Aloha and Micros out of the water. Toast is very easy to set up, manipulate on the fly, and track relevant data. The handheld devices allow for a more streamlined ordering system, shaving precious seconds off the time to perform a transaction--something that is essential in a restaurant environment in which throughput is core to success. Toast is much more intuitive than other POS tools and the day to day users have found it to be excellent.

Minpunten

Toast does not allow for the same level of customization that legacy players do, so you can't change every aspect like you can on those tools. Further, the handheld devices rely on excellent Wifi connection, so you may struggle if there is a lag or an outage on the internet. Further, some changes take a little longer than you would hope to update on the handheld devices.

Antwoord van Toast Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Alexander, Jasmine from Toast here. Thanks for the review! I'm happy to hear you have found the ToastGo to to increase efficiency of your servers - we know how important that is in the fast-paced restaurant industry.

Steve

Robust, feature packed software

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2022

Being a new restaurant, we have found it to be important to be able to make changes to menus and configurations often and quickly, without disrupting the flow of business. The payroll integration is the feature that really sold us on the software, saving us a ton of money over paying an accountant to do it.

Pluspunten

The interfaces are very simple and easy to learn and navigate. This software is robust and packed with very helpful features. Compared to other popular software packages, it is very reasonably priced.

Minpunten

The software is complex and there is a lot to learn and can take weeks or months to really get a handle on all the features and configurations.

Clover en TouchBistro

Redenen om over te stappen op Toast POS

The available features and cost.
Elizabeth

Great for Remote Access

Beoordeeld op 2-9-2019

Pluspunten

Toast POS is the best cloud based tablet POS out there. Their reporting is easy to use, and accessible anywhere this is an internet connection. Everything is laid out intuitively and on the front end, the staff find it very easy to use.

Minpunten

We wish their support team were more responsive. Several times we have reached out with a question and haven't received an answer.

Antwoord van Toast Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Elizabeth, Jasmine from Toast here. We love that you love being able to access your restaurant's real-time data from anywhere!

Samec

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Quick software with minor setbacks

Beoordeeld op 3-6-2019

Overall I have had a fairly positive experience using this system. While navigating it may be a bit tricky at times I have been more efficient using this software than other POS systems out there.

Pluspunten

Perhaps my favorite thing about this software is the clean interface that is presented by the platform. It is not messy and makes creating orders fast. The user can easily see that there is a clear path and structure that the user must take in order to fulfill any orders- therefore making the process efficient.

Minpunten

This system can get complex at times specially at times when time is limited. The amount choices that is presented by this software can make navigating for the user a bit difficult as it can get seemingly overwhelming. However, this is only at first when the user first begins operating this system.

Antwoord van Toast Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Hi Samec, Jasmine from Toast here. I'm thrilled to hear you find the user experience of Toast to be intuitive and our POS has made your restaurant operations more efficient.