Lavu POS

4,2 (222)
Schrijf een review!
Cloudgebaseerd iPad POS-systeem voor de restaurantsector

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Gladys
  • Sector: Wijn en sterke drank

Love Lavu and the team !

Beoordeeld op 8-7-2022

My experience with Lavu is second to none insofar as POS systems. We love this system and look forward to seeing the new implementation once released in November.

Pluspunten

This software continues to grow with the customer demands. We seem to never be outdated or lacking. The servers have an ease of use on the floor with the iPads at table side. We love the software so much so that we will be implementing it at two other facilities.

Minpunten

There are cons to each software but there is not a dealbreaker for us with this software. It continues to grow and with that growth sometimes there seems to be the older than time conflict between tech and accounting due to reports however, the Lavu team are able to populate these reports in a timely manner. We have gotten everything we need from this program to meet the consumer demand of our growing winery.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lavu POS

The service team was extremely helpful in designing the system to meet our needs. Ironically we are more busy than we ever have been and this software and the tech team have been amazing in helping us realize the potential of what we can do with this software and realize efficiency through growth. We are happy to have made this decision.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Gladys, thanks for your feedback. We appreciate hearing firsthand from our customers, and it really helps to hear what works so great and what can be improved upon. We appreciate your business and we thank you for being a loyal Lavu customer!

Jessica

Great system for us!

Beoordeeld op 10-6-2023

We had been using a regional POS system for years, and struggling not only with features, but also with reports, analytics, and their customer support. Lavu has stepped in to improve, full the gaps, and take the lead for us in terms of setup and deployment.

Pluspunten

We're a small restaurant operating outside the US, and Lavu is a great option for us. Easy to use, with lots of customer support in setting up and deploying the system in multiple langauges!

Minpunten

So far, we have no complaints and are really satisfied with the system and the support.

Redenen om voor Lavu POS te kiezen

We not satisfied with the capabilities of the former system, and were not feeling proactive support from the company.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lavu POS

Lavu's price point was better for us, especially since the payment processing functions are not available in our country -- the other companies didn't offer any price adjustment for this. Also, Lavu is made for restaurants specifically, and offers integrated inventory management as well as add-on accounting integration. As a package Lavu is the best for us.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Jessica! Thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We are so glad to hear that you are happy with Lavu!

Guy
  • Anders 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Stay Away!

Beoordeeld op 23-10-2020

I purchased a complete system from LAVU on April 2019 with the intent to upgrade my existing POS from CAKE which served me well the first 4 years of running my restaurant, but being somewhat of a basic system I started feeling like it was holding me back. LAVU was running a 50% off on hardware so I called and spoke to a salesperson. Let me tell you, I wish I had recorded the conversations, as there was very little in common between what was verbally promised and what was actually delivered, VERY LITTLE! Typical sales tactics, they put extreme pressure on you to sign up (do it in the next 6 hours or the promotion expires), give you practically no time to read the fine print, and all of a sudden you find yourself in a 3 years contract with ridicules early termination penalties and a service provider that is incapable of delivering half of what was promised. They count on you not having the time or resources to take them to court. Last remaining hardware piece originally promised arrived 5 months later! Thank god I kept my CAKE system going or I would have gone out of business. Their customer service is of the lowest level you would ever see, especially from an IT company, they provide practically no solutions to issues or a very vague future fix, and their system keeps crashing leaving you with no ability to run your business mid-day and with no warning, time after time. They send you system-wide emails apologizing saying their system was hacked and therefore the interruption i

Pluspunten

There are no Pros, this is an awful system and the worst customer service / sales team in the industry

Minpunten

Be very careful when they offer you interest free financing for the hardware, that's how they trick you into paying the software fee for 3 years in advance with NO way out

Redenen om voor Lavu POS te kiezen

Was looking for a more robust system

CAKE POS

Redenen om over te stappen op Lavu POS

Their sales people promise the world and then some. You find out way too late they can't deliver.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Guy, thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate hearing how Lavu worked for your business, and what can be improved.

Tara

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Excellent restaurant POS!

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2024

Pluspunten

Ease of use, different levels of access based on employee type, excellent customer service

Minpunten

Occassionally the app glitches and it creates mistakes on the server end that need to be untangled.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Tara, thank you for the feedback! We are constantly looking to improve. We are glad to hear that overall you are happy with your experience.

Candy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Lavu POS review

Beoordeeld op 12-7-2022

overall Lavu is great. The staff is always looking for ways to improve the system & takes events when they come up and handles them to the best of their ability

Pluspunten

Integration from our old Pos was simple.
Being able to add pictures of products or change color of box to help locate the items faster
Ability to change prices, product name, add new product with ease.
Ability to check/change anything from anywhere is a plus

Minpunten

When the internet is out, tickets don't print to the kitchen or credit cards aren't able to be run.
When happy hour times are up, you can still increase product quantity.
Having a large food menu, along with a large bar selection has us set up with several tabs & it makes it hard to be fast entering in orders.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Candy, thank you so much for your feedback! We really appreciate hearing about your experience with Lavu, and that it helps you streamline your restaurant's operations!

Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Managementconsulting
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Former Lavu User

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2020

Overall, for the two years the system was satisfacotry. Until recenlty it was for the current management at the restaurant. The dealer is helpful - he is our first line of tech support before we go to KLAvu for support.

Pluspunten

I liked using Lavu because it was the first POS for the restaurant where I worked. While I was employed there I used the system for 2 years. The set up was easy as the dealer came to the restaurant and set it up and did a one day training for the staff.

Minpunten

They system seems to have alot of glitches. Recently, the restaurant reported to me that they had a glitch and lost printers. Tech support finally helped and got the printers up but somehow lost half the menu. Also, I have witnessed personally that the sales tax is charging out properly.

Redenen om voor Lavu POS te kiezen

We needed better reporting and labor tracking.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lavu POS

The fees and support were better by Lavu at the time.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hello and thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback and we are happy that Lavu worked so well for your business.

Allen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

New, old, new!

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2023

So good so far.

So good so far.

Pluspunten

We've been in business since 2018 and we have used 4 different POS and spoken with many other people who what us to become their POS customer. [sensitive content hidden] was very good and following up and that was why we chose to give Lavu a try. We are looking forward to our new loyal customers program the POS has and a few other perks. All in the all, if we great and have a company be so forwarding thinking and honest.

Minpunten

Well the worst part of about any POS is the onboarding but that is what it is.

Square Payments en Toast POS

Redenen om voor Lavu POS te kiezen

They were bough and the POS was being shut down.

Redenen om over te stappen op Lavu POS

Affordable and referring by another company person I trust.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Allen, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu. We are glad to hear that you are happy and so far everything has been good!

Michael

Great inventory and POS software

Beoordeeld op 11-11-2019

Great inventory and POS software. Ease of use and easy to teach employees to use.

Pluspunten

Ability to have multiple locations. Ability to make inventory items easily. Ability to use an iPad for inventory counts.

Minpunten

Have to manually bath credit cards at end of day.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Michael, thanks so much for your review! We're very happy that Lavu helped your multiple locations streamline operations. We appreciate your business!

Jon

10 year user

Beoordeeld op 10-2-2024

We have been long time user who appreciates the continued development and support over the years.

Pluspunten

Ability to utilize Tab Order as location default during initial deployment in 2014.

Minpunten

Level of customization in front end user configuration. Scheduling and management notes are undeveloped in reports

Square Payments en Clover

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Jon, thank you for sharing your experience and for being a loyal Lavu user. We greatly appreciate your business and feedback, we are always trying to improve and be the best that we can. As always, please let us know if there is any we can do for you.

Kahala

New customer for Lavu

Beoordeeld op 5-2-2024

Overall im pleasantly ok with the service. I did receive some back and forth on communication mishaps on what I was getting for going with Lavu. Other than that Im ok.

Pluspunten

The ease of the customer service being able to add any options or changes I need on my POS system in real time. Also the fuctionality is pretty simple and easy to use.

Minpunten

Im noticing the system sometimes disconnects from the wifi, the POS cash terminal opens up when a customer is paying the entire order with a debit/credit card. Also sometime the cash resgister doesnt open on a cash transaction so we have had to use or register key to manually open the register.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Kahala, thank you for sharing your experience so far with Lavu. We apologize for any mishaps along the way, but hope that everything will be running smoothly from here! We are glad to hear that overall you are satisfied, if you ever are in need of anything please reach out to our 24/7 support team.

Kevin
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

No Free Trial.

Beoordeeld op 16-12-2023

Horrible. Absolutely, incredibly the worst customer service ever. I feel stupid for trying this company. They lied about everything just to get the sale. Do NOT go here !!

Pluspunten

Only cons. Wanted to switch to this in January. Start date was to be around the 5th. However saw they started our contract on November 20. Contacted our on boarding person, [sensitive content hidden] and he turned HATEFUL!!!

Minpunten

The fact that everything they said in sales in a LIE!!!!
Onboarding person turned ugly when I questioned dates.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Kevin, we appreciate your feedback and are sorry to hear about your negative experience. We take such concerns seriously and would like to investigate this matter further. Our team is actively working on this to come up with a resolution for you. We strive to provide excellent customer service, and your input helps us improve. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Giuseppe

Amazing and efficient service

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2023

Amazing

Amazing

Pluspunten

Everything : fast and efficient and reasonably price

Minpunten

Nothing ; we are very happy in particular with [sensitive content hidden]

TouchBistro

Price and efficiency

Price and efficiency

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Giuseppe, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We are so glad to hear that everything has been amazing! As always please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything. Thank you again!

Jason

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Save Your Money

Beoordeeld op 20-8-2021

Pluspunten

I was an existing customer since the inception of Lavu in 2012.

Minpunten

I purchased the system in 2012. Lavu offered a wireless system when they first came out. I soon learned if you sent a big ticket to the kitchen, it wouldn't print. Lavu advised the system needed to be hardwired for the printers to work properly.
I was a gold member when I signed up. I was told my price would never be higher than [Sensitive Content] per month. This turned out, not to be true.
The system worked flawlessly until about 2018. Lavu would frequently go down, offline, drop printer IP addressees, rogue attacks etc. In 2018 and 2019 I lost a lot of money thanks to Lavu.
I closed as most restaurants did in 2020 due to Covid. During the months I was open I noticed one month Lavu would auto debit my account for [Sensitive Content] one month, [Sensitive Content] the next. In March of 2021 to avoid these random charges I paid Lavu a year in advance. It was around [Sensitive Content] for service and a monthly charge for using up to 5 devices. In June 2021 I had to close and sale the business for a loss. I contacted Lavu to refund my money, and they refused. Don't do business with this company.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Jason, thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you had to close down your restaurants, and that we were not able to issue a refund at the time. We appreciate your business for almost 10 years, and would love to hear from you. Please reach out so we can see what can be done.

John
  • Sector: Horeca

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

[sensitive content hidden] is the best!!!

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2023

The best. [sensitive content hidden] is always there when i need the help, plus it has been a seamless transition

Pluspunten

How simple the product is to use is why we choose lavu

Minpunten

the security settings are not detailed enough for modifying it to meet my needs better

Redenen om voor Lavu POS te kiezen

I like how simple lavu is

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi John - thank you for your feedback, we love to hear it! We're so happy we could help your restaurant streamline operations.

Jamison

Worst POS System Ever

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2022

Horrendous. Customer Service pressures retention on cancellations - then they fraudulently charge bank accounts after the fact. T Their CEO spams all account holders each week with cringe-worthy emails. Lavu is an embarrassment to the POS industry. LAVU is a shady company at best and a headache for any real restaurant at worst.

Pluspunten

There are NO Pros for this POS. Never using the software is the best Pro out there.

Minpunten

After canceling the software - they kept charging our accounts for months. When confronted about the charges and after submitting confirming emails, they stated the charges were approved but offer no proof even though email confirmations from their own AR show the opposite. Customer Service might be the worst in the business. Told us they would return our call in 1 business day to rectify the situation and they finally replied 3 weeks later - Drained over $300 directly from our accounts. STAY AWAY

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Jamison, thank you for being a customer of Lavu for more than two years, but I am very sorry to hear how bad your experience was, especially towards the end of your use of us. I do apologize on behalf of the customer support team if you were not contacted in a timely manner, or communications were not clear. We would be happy to sort any remaining issues out, so please let us know if that is something you are interested in.

Lok

Beoordeeld op 18-2-2022

It’s been like a love and hate relationship

It’s been like a love and hate relationship

Pluspunten

It was nice and easy to get used to. The system was nice.

Minpunten

The WiFi would go offline sometimes for hours

Clover

Redenen om voor Lavu POS te kiezen

My manager made the switch

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Lok, thank you for your feedback! We're sorry that your restaurant's wifi has been having issues - it's always a nuisance when that happens. Please reach out if there is anything we can help with.

Mia

Seafood restaurant

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2022

Lavu has made it much easier for our restaurant to handle the influx of customers during the summer months

Pluspunten

Used Lavu as our Point of Sale for years, I really like how easy it was to use and how portable the iPads are. Simple setup, we got it done ourselves in a few hours. Support team always there if we need it.

Minpunten

If wifi is flaky, system slows done, especially in busy times

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Mia, thank you for your feedback! It's great to hear how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant and staff. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Scott

Great customer service

Beoordeeld op 22-8-2022

Using Lavu has made it easier to do online ordering and takeout meals. Reports are much better than our last POS.

Pluspunten

Easy to use and train staff on. Customer service is always nice and helpful, stays on the phone, and then follows up afterward. Like the control panel and reporting.

Minpunten

Price point - it can be more pricey than expected.

Hi Scott,

Thanks for letting us know how well Lavu has worked for your restaurant! It's great to hear from our customers about what they specifically love about Lavu. Please reach out if you need anything!

Dennis

• Klantenondersteuning

Saves us time and money, works great for us!

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2015

I started using Lavu Point of Sale about 2 years ago. Before switching to the system we were using paper tickets, I didn't realize how inefficient this really was until I made the switch to an electronic system. Not only are we now spending less time managing each order, accuracy has gone up, and my shrinkage has gone down. The kitchen is only allowed to make items that are rung into the system and print out which has help cut down on theft or giving items away. The biggest time savings is getting the customers checked out. Previously during our lunch rush we would have a line of people waiting to pay and leave, now we are able to handle them as they come up to the counter since everything is already totaled up in the system.

Another big help has been the ability to use iPods to take orders at the table. We usually have a rush after church on Sundays, sometimes a line at the door. Before my servers had to go to the table, take the order, then take the ticket back to the kitchen. Now my servers go to the table, take the order, hit send and it prints in the kitchen. Then they can go straight to the next table. Anything we can do to speed up the time it takes to turn a table is a plus.

The amount of features that have been added in the last couple years has been amazing, it's nice to see that they are actively working on the software. The biggest thing for us has been the addition of 'always offline mode'. You just use the system and the orders go to the cloud in the background. When we first got setup we had some issues with the internet which interfered with using the system. They offered us a local server option but I did not want to install more hardware. While my internet situation was much improved by switching from DSL to cable I always worried that my connection going out could be a possibility. With the new version (3.0.3) the system keeps working even if my internet connection were to go out.

The Lavu POS software has worked great for us and I highly recommend it.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Dennis, thanks so much for your feedback. We're so happy that you chose to use Lavu for your restaurant, and that it is working well for your operations. Please reach out if you have any questions!

Judy

The Best POS System

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2019

I absolutely love the point of sale system. Helps to be able to take orders from customers and send the order to the kitchen from the table. Then you can move on to the next table. It is so easy to learn and use. I like that you can go into the backside of the program and check your sales for the day, your amount of hours that you worked for the week and also what your own statistics are for tables waited on, amount of food you sold and what the prices of everything are. It is so Awesome!

Pluspunten

Easy to use, easy to set up and it is self-explanatory. You can go into the backside of the program and checks your sales for the day, how many customers you yourself have waited on.

Minpunten

Not much about the software that I didn't like. Sometimes though I would have a hard time getting connected on my Ipad.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Judy, thank you for your feedback! We love hearing how great Lavu is working for our customers! We're glad you like it.

Colleen

Alaska Businesses Beware

Beoordeeld op 16-6-2019

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Feeling frustrated and unheard

Pluspunten

I like the iPads to send tickets to the cook and track sales

Minpunten

After two years of using the POS system, they still have not corrected the payroll setting s for OT as per Alaska Law. It has been reported over and over again for 2 years, yet we continue to receive automated msgs that they are working to resolve the issue. If you own a business in Alaska, I can guarantee that you are paying too much in OT . If you are an Alaskan owner relying on a manager to trust your payroll settings you had better check this yourself.

Antwoord van Lavu

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and we're sorry to hear that you're experiencing frustration. Your review has been shared with our product team to make sure they are aware of the ongoing issue. We value you as a customer and will do our best to resolve the problem. The Lavu Team.

Bernadette

LAVU support request

Beoordeeld op 23-2-2022

Fair learning curve

Fair learning curve

iPad capability, informative and [SENSITIVE CONTENT] is deeply appreciated

Minpunten

One location at a time we have to input only one location at a time this is frustrating

Ipad

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Bernadette! Thank you for your feedback, and for being a Lavu customer for so long!

Heather

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

A good system but customer support is most often disappointing

Beoordeeld op 5-1-2018

Pluspunten

Joshua Maestas from customer service was so incredibly helpful. He took time to listen to the complicated scenario we were trying to resolve. He followed up when and how he said he would. Most of the time our customer service experience is frustrating but he was truly a breath of fresh air.

Minpunten

Back end reporting; customer service. There are programming bugs and we continuously are told "development is working on it" but never saw any resolution. If it isn't a priority for you and not intended to be fixed then don't tell us it is being fixed.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Heather, thanks for leaving us feedback. It's great to hear that Lavu is easy to use for your staff. We are constantly working to improve both the product and our customer support, which is now 24/7.

Oakie
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

Gets the job done!

Beoordeeld op 29-8-2023

As a business owner confident in presenting Lavu as a solution for their business, I have No concerns they can deliver a quality experience.

Pluspunten

I can say I’ve tested the limits they will go to get the job done. After working with sales and tech support for 12 long hours the challenge was achieved. It was a very trying day but no one gave up until the job was done.

Minpunten

The payroll integration solution would help the value of the service.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Oakie, thank you for sharing your experience with Lavu! We are so glad to hear that your expectations have been met and you have no concerns. As always, please do not hesitate to reach out if you need anything.

Joe

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great system, could use a few more basic features that many other systems use.

Beoordeeld op 1-3-2018

Pluspunten

Love the ease of use. The customer service has been really good as of late. Would for the most part recommend to any business.

Minpunten

Need some better basic features:
-Option for end of day report to reconcile as if the credit card tips were given out as cash to the servers, as this is the process for most restaurants.

-Better tip reporting capability for employees. It would be great for it to ask for total tips to be asked when employee is clocking out. There are many reasons for this including tip out, tip pool etc.

Antwoord van Lavu

Hi Joe. Thank you so much for the feedback. We're glad to hear Lavu is meeting your needs and will strive to keep improving to make your experience even better.