Ecwid

E-commercesoftware voor mobiele telefoons, websites en sociale media

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Sorteren op

Santiago
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Simple, useful and powerful, the best for E-commerce.

Beoordeeld op 13-4-2019

One of the things that constantly worried us was the integration with our header site, with Ecwid we have successfully and in record time, integrate without difficulty or additional payments what our store needed. Besides, we get a complete platform to enhance our products to other business niches, participating in social networks with the full support they put at their disposal. Another solution, is that similar platforms like Shopify, offer you a service but you make constant payments of everything you use, if something comes out you should also pay for it, it's one of the things that makes us bet on Ecwid, because it does not have small letters, It is direct to what you need without tricks or additional payments outside the agreed upon. Thus, we have saved money that we end up investing in other needs of the company, or for the purchase of other exclusive products.

Pluspunten

One of the things that I like most, is the simplicity that they offer to all their clients, it is one of those platforms that allow you to venture into e-commerce, without the worry of going through long training processes, it is as simple as register and start uploading all the products you have available to the platform. It is a platform that does not abandon you in the sales process, on the contrary, it puts at your disposal all the available channels so you can increase your sales. Another thing that I like, is to be able to reach new niche markets with integrated tools, you can create stores on Facebook and Instagram without difficulty, always with the Ecwid platform. Also, I liked how easy it is to integrate with WordPress, just install a plugin within the panel and voila, you can immediately publish your products.

Minpunten

I have been using Shopify for years, and I can say with responsibility, that Ecwid is the rival that in a short time will give a surprise to the world of E-commerce, I have no negative aspects to identify so far, on the contrary, it is simpler and more intuitive than its Shopify, a platform that causes a lot of headaches for many reasons.

Dale
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

I rushed into making a decision, but it seemed to work out.

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2021

It has been good, better than my review probably implies. I do like the ease of use, the customer service, and wish we could afford more, but we will one day.

Pluspunten

Actually, it was the customer service that rocks. Management has their hand in your pocket 24/7 nudging you to buy or upgrade. very annoying. Ths CS team does a great job, maybe they can send management home early soon.

Minpunten

Constantly having to needing to upgrade when some of these items should be included in the monthly fees. It is very hard to budget when it is necessary to buy an optional plugin or and unexpected item you thought was part of the package isn't and more money goes out the door for that instead of for the customer or potential customer.

WooCommerce

Redenen om over te stappen op Ecwid

It looked like the easiest to use since I was not computer savvy. Why wouldn't the last question accept the company I entered? We use AlignPay for payment processing and your system kept rejecting it.
Jill

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Ecwid problems syncing with Clover, praise for customer service and no SEO

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2016

The overall quality was given 3 stars because of Ecwid's inability to fully sync with Clover. This was a feature that very much sold me this product so my inventory quantities would be accurate for online ordering. The syncing fails when products are sold out. I have been deleting sold out product on the Clover station and have discovered this does not sync and delete the product from Ecwid. Therefore I have received web orders that have out of stock product. Since Clover cannot refund on online Ecwid orders this took some doing getting the order charge corrected. Now that I'm aware of the problem I am dual deleting on Clover and Ecwid....double the work. Customer support gets a 5 star rating because Chris Gaines went beyond the call of duty to enable a measured yardage code for my site. He's awesome and I'm sorry some other features don't work after all that. Whenever I call Ecwid the customer support team has been prompt and informative. The other big problem my marketers have discovered is the inability to SEO Ecwid. This is quite huge in the Google world of the internet.

Pluspunten

Easy to use on a daily basis.

Minpunten

Incomplete syncing with Clover. No SEO ability.

Khalid
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

HAPPY customers means ECWID in action

Beoordeeld op 29-9-2022

problems it solved in my business:
taking my offline business to online
bypassed the difficulty of ecommerce website setup
solved online payment difficulty
solved order and inventory management

impactful features of app:
- flexible subscription plans as per needs of businesses
- excellent customer support
- easy postage
-regular updates to customer
ease of use
-compatible with clover, wix and wordpress
-image uploading feature
i experienced superb integration with existing offline business

Minpunten

missing features in the app:
-recurring bill processing
-limited order managing ability
-costly to customise the ecommerce features
-lacks global support in features like shipping
very limited store design templates
aspect difficult to use:
-very hard to update url of my store
- difficult to add product variation while inventory export
its integration with existing business was seamless

Edward
  • Sector: Schoolleiding
  • Wekelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Shopify is too big for it's britches, use Ecwid

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2019

So far so good

Pluspunten

You can get up and running on Ecwid with a "Free Forever" account. This will only allow you 10 items to sell but as a start this is well enough. Other platforms will offer a 30 day trial but then you need to pay to continue.

Minpunten

Most of the best features have to be paid for. Will probably do soon as the pricing plans seem reasonable and the options (selling on Facebook and Instagram) seem to be worth it.

Squarespace en BigCommerce

Redenen om voor Ecwid te kiezen

This was much easier to get up and running than Shopify. After comparing a dozen platforms once we needed to exit Shopify, Ecwid was the easy and best choice for us. Shopify did not stand behind a fraudulent purchase. Don't know yet, and hope we don't find out, how Ecwid will stand behind us as a seller and customer.

Overgestapt van

Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Ecwid

Totally free to have 10 products forever. Once we have consistency in selling off Ecwid there is no doubt we will pay for more products and extras.
Geverifieerde reviewer
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Jack of all trades, master of none

Beoordeeld op 20-2-2021

We are implementing it for several clients that need a functional ecommerce site with zero to minimal maintenance or with a do it yourself type of philosophy. Not much to say about it.

Pluspunten

Ecwid is a robust platform for the newcomer with pretty much everything streamlined to get your website up and running in no time.

Minpunten

Ecwid might make you have a website up and running in no time but that means it is going to look like a template available to anybody, so you might end up having a copycat website somewhere. For seasoned developers/designers this is not your platform.

Squarespace

Redenen om over te stappen op Ecwid

We did not choose Ecwid over anyone as we are using several platforms including Ecwid.
Markus
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Good for starters

Beoordeeld op 11-9-2020

Easy to use shop software, also the implementation on the website is done in no time. Overall a good software.

Pluspunten

There is a free plan up to 10 products. Compared to others you do not have to spent a lot of money if you only start with some products to test the market.

Minpunten

A 360° product player is on their market platform only available for a super expensive price (USD 100 per month)...

Adobe Commerce, PrestaShop en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Ecwid

Because they have a free plan up to 10 products. This is great for starters with only a hand full of products until you see that you are able to sell.
Dagmar
  • Sector: Research

Beoordeeld op 7-12-2020

Pluspunten

Easy to use, I was able to connect to a South African Payment Gateway, one of the biggest challenges if selecting a shopping cart software. Quick to add to our website, easy to add new products, add discount codes. the only challenge my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

Minpunten

The only challenges my clients have is to find the button where to add the discount code.

Ron'Jent

Best Choice for Me

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

I am enjoying this program and hope that my business grows to afford more services

Pluspunten

Set up was easy, design was easy, EASY!!

Minpunten

More free content or more content per level for first tier of payment.

EtsyMarketingTool en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Ecwid

Free account regardless. Easy development, easy execution. Less fees.
Jill

Awesome Software - easy to use

Beoordeeld op 2-1-2020

Pluspunten

I found the software easy to set up and add to my Wordpress site

Minpunten

No complaints about the software. I am about to do a complete overhaul of my shopping cart. I will continue to use the software.

Square Payments en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op Ecwid

It was recommended and the pricing structure seemed right for me.
Nigel Masimba
  • Sector: Informatiediensten
  • Wekelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Syncronise Your Inventory Accross Multiple Platfoms

Beoordeeld op 21-7-2020

Overally, positive. I managed to set it up easily on my website and do a test purchase within an hour. Ecwid is a breeze and I wonder why it isn't more popular, especially among non-technical users.

Pluspunten

Can connect multiple content management systems, social media stores and other platforms and manage your inventory and sales from one dashboard.
It has a free tier so you can get started without any additional expenses for up-to 10 products.
Well documented developer resources for custom integrations.
It uses a fixed monthly subscription and there are no transaction fees, so the more you sell the higher your profits.
No coding skills needed to set up and no need for entering API keys or unique pins or any of that. Ecwid automatically connects the store using your email address.

Minpunten

The free tier has very limited features. You can only connect an online store and no other platforms.
If you decide to discontinue using Ecwid, it may be challenging to find an alternative as there are few other platforms that provide a similar service for synchronizing inventory across platforms.
Depending on your country you may need to build a custom payment gateway integration to accept local payments.
For the free version, styling is not flexible. However you can manually style your website store with som custom CSS.
It added a store link to the navigation menu of my website without asking, and then when I deactivated the plugin, the (broken) store link remained behind.

PrestaShop, BigCommerce en Shopify

Overgestapt van

WooCommerce
Christopher

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best fit for an eCommerce solution

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019

I needed a way to sell my products internationally and have the eCommerce side be handled in a professional and reliable and secure way and Ecwid gave me exactly what I wanted and needed.

Pluspunten

Ecwid was recommended to me by a friend and it was the best decision I ever made in terms of an eCommerce solution. As an artist and designer who wanted to have a versatile and customizable store front on my websites, Ecwid fulfilled all my needs. Beyond this tho, Ecwid allowed me to connect my Square readers payments seamlessly, and I have to say that their customer service is very good. It should be noted too that as of Fall 2019 Ecwid recently updated a variety of things and boosted their quality and features quite significantly! Ecwid has always been the perfect fit for me since I started using it several years ago, and now it just got even better. I could go on and on about all the great aspects from shipping settings, to the new instant storefront, but I invite you to go check it out for yourself!

Minpunten

The only negative I might say about Ecwid is that there can be some restrictions when trying to integrate your sales channels into Facebook and Instagram. Additionally, sometimes the CSR you get via online chat (which IS convenient, I must say) doesn't have a legitimate knowledge of all aspects of Ecwid, so it's a bit hit and miss in that sense.

Steven

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Very nice online store but there is room for improvement.

Beoordeeld op 9-5-2022

Overall, Ecwid is a very nice store that allows a lot of customization. For some of the changes, I needed to contact support and change some CSS code to make it work but in the end, it is a very nice store. I looked into and tried Shopify in the past but very quickly realized this was not as easy as Ecwid for me.

Pluspunten

I really enjoy the user experience as a whole. It is very simple to understand and get a store up and running. I use a built-in Ecwid plugin for a Duda website-building platform. So, it is like a 3rd party Ecwid store. Because of this, there are a few features that are missing but overall, you can still build a very nice online store. The framework and layouts are very easy to understand and use as well as you are able to customize many things on each page. The catalog page, single item page, checkout, and more.

Minpunten

One of my clients is a greenhouse and they have around 2,000 products. Until recently, there was no way to bulk change pricing or other features for select products which was a pain to have to change every product individually. Ecwid has made an update so this is possible which has saved about an hour of clicking and pasting which is awesome. However, there is still room for improvement. For example, there are additional buying options for some products, such as different sizes however, if you increase the price for the product but the large size/other buying options need to increase by a different size, that still has to be completed manually by changing each product itself which is very time-consuming. I contact support and they informed me that this could be done but I had to contact the developer and then purchase an app and pay for it monthly in order to complete this. I just needed to make this change once, so I don't want to pay monthly for something I need a couple times a year.

Simone

Fantastic Shopping Cart

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2016

When offering paypal buttons for items on my website became too fiddly to work with, I researched shopping cart options that easily integrated with multiple websites and Facebook, and after trialling a few, decided that ecwid suited my purposes best. I haven't looked back!

Ecwid has hands down been the easiest, most intuitive shopping cart system to work with. The interface is excellent - for the most part it is clear where to find what you need, and if you do need extra help, the Support pages tend to answer anything you need to know, and there is an online forum for help from the developers.

New features are constantly being rolled out, which keeps making it better and better. I absolutely recommend ecwid to anyone looking for an easy-to-use, cost effective and feature-rich shopping cart.

Pluspunten

Very clean, intuitive interface.

Minpunten

Too few options for shipping for individual products - I'd like to be able to customise what options are available, and restrict locations some items can be shipped, rather than everything using the same global options.

Nathan
  • Sector: Medische apparatuur

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Modified to use for rental business

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2020

I had been searching for a shopping cart solution that could work with Wix and I was so happy when I discovered Ecwid. I had it set up immediately as everything is very intuitive and flexible enough for my rental business. The integration to Wix was super easy. We do have to utilize Order Desk to help manage orders as Ecwid is limited in its functionality. Many of the pre-built integrations are very nice and offer additional customization.

Pluspunten

Extremely easy to setup my products and integrate into Wix. Works with Authorize.net. Flexible enough to create options for setting up my rental business. Integration with HelpfulCrowd for easy review management.

Minpunten

Inability to rebill for subscriptions. If this feature was available, it would be perfect.

Shopify

Redenen om voor Ecwid te kiezen

Needed a solution that could work with Wix.

Redenen om over te stappen op Ecwid

Ease, flexibility and price.
Hope
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great shopping cart for multiple items to sell

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2016

My bakery sells multiple versions of the same cookies and bars. This cart allows us to make all the choices clear to our clients, price them accordingly, add shipping choices, add comments, pics and other great behind the scenes parts that make our store amazing to the outside and easy for us to manage on the kitchen side. Highly recommend it!

Pluspunten

all the extras that allow me to make each item for sale easy to buy, customize and ship, while keeping the client happy and informed of what is happening with their order.

Minpunten

Searching for items on the back end means I have to be very specific with my word choices. And if someone doesn't follow the pattern set for how to categorize the items for sale, finding them to enable or disable can become a chore and/or mean a lot of unnecessary files/items on the site that should be eliminated.

Mike

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Ecwid helped us through the holidays

Beoordeeld op 14-1-2020

Ecwid helped us get through the holiday season, but I wouldn't expect us to be with Ecwid a year from now. I'm still looking for a comprehensive solution for our event driven business.

Pluspunten

We're a paint and sip business and previously sold admission through Ticket Tailor. We switched to Ecwid before the holidays because it integrated with Wix, processed payment through our POS systeym/merchant service provider (Clover Flex/EPI) and integrated with a digital gift card application (GiftUp). It was relatively easy to onboard and use so far.

Minpunten

For our business model, it would suit us better if Ecwid had an event arm, or similar functionality. We've had to list our events as products, which works okay, but not great. It would be helpful if the products would expire and disable in the store at a set time (at the beginning of our events). The digital gift cards are slightly disappointing because our customers are unable to use a digital gift card and a promo code on the same transaction. Effectively that penalizes them if they have a digital gift card.

Drew

Early Adapter of this Rock Solid E-commerce Platform

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2016

I started with ECWID a few years after it started. Because of that, I am on the legacy plan and have not upgraded to access some of the advanced features, particularly order editing. I have never lost data, never had a service interruption. It integrates well with my Joomla website. I don't plan to ever change platforms. It is a great service

Pluspunten

Reliability. Never been hacked, never lost service. Rock solid platform. Finally transferred by shipping to an add-on (Shipping Easy) and it has taken much of the manual work off of my plate. Order comes in to my cell phone. Print out the invoice and do the fulfillment. I also like the digital download capability.

Minpunten

The only feature I miss is order editing. But that is because I have not upgraded to that level of service.

Mr.

• Klantenondersteuning

Makes shopping cart placement on any site easy

Beoordeeld op 26-10-2016

I own a small on line store which is attached to my website on the internet
I am not a website guru but can do a little design using a common web program
Getting a website is the first step then you have to get a merchant bank account so people can buy things from your site and you need a service to transfer the money from their credit cards to your bank account + you have to have away for the people to put what they want to buy in a shopping cart and have a way for them to check out. It is all very confusing and for a lot of people overwhelming. With Ecwid if you have less the 10 items their service is free and there4 is enough included to open a pretty neat little store and they will handle almost any type of payment including Bank wire, any credit card, paypal currency exchange the list goes on for free
They have many shipping options and they keep your client informed via e-mail and keep excellent reporting to you of all your clients purchases and their needs which saves a lot of time for other business related matters that come up everyday. They now have phone help with really great people and we all need a shopping cart in our stores anyway they have excel and transfer and quicken.
Our little store added a few items and we went over the free requirement and now pay for the service which gives use the ability to provide discount coupons to our spacial customers and have sales just by creating a discount coupon and marketing it on our website, you can create any type of discount on any item for any period of time with just a few clicks it is super easy
In the last few years our little store went from $600.00 per month to around $4,000.00 per month we carry less then 15 items. We believe in part by the simple design of our website and easy checkout with Ecwid
We checked around and compared cost of shopping cart providers and this was very reasonable and the people really want to help you, so we would say give them a try the first 10 items are completely free to use their services and they have tons of ways for first time users to promote your store and again a lot of it is FREE

Michelle

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

I have been with ECWID for 3 years now and have not one bad thing to say - they ROCK!!!

Beoordeeld op 20-11-2017

Makes my online store extremely user-friendly. I am an amateur web designer and managed to get my store up and running in 2 ticks.

Pluspunten

Very easy to use. Lots of extra add-ons to make the customer experience so much more interesting. It makes my website very user-friendly - I get a lot of feedback in that regard. The customer service is like none other I've ever experienced. They have never not been able to sort a problem out and are very prompt with their responses.

Minpunten

I feel there needs to be an additional plan between venture and business. There is a HUGE jump from 100 products to 2500 products. I have about 300/350 products in my catalogue and cannot afford business plan - so am continuously having to delete and add products so that all 300 get a "turn" on my store.

Amber
  • Sector: Detailhandel

I love Ecwid!

Beoordeeld op 17-7-2019

Fantastic! One of the best shopping carts I have ever used. My all around experience with them has been great.

Pluspunten

What is not to like? I can chat with tech support anytime and they are all incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. They send me links to directions on how to accomplish the task I am working on and email me screenshots so I can make sure I am in the same area as they are. We have Ecwid on multiple websites and it works great just going to one shopping cart to make price changes, etc and it is carried over to all of our websites. I haven't yet come across anything that I needed Ecwid to do that it could not do.

Minpunten

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Eli
  • Sector: Entertainment

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best option for low-tech sellers

Beoordeeld op 20-10-2016

Ecwid is very user friendly and they have added very convenient features that would help any sort of e-seller. I love the features for bulk pricing as well as wholesale discounts for customer groups.

You can grow your business just by using Ecwid as it allows you to automatically list your items in large marketplaces.

We are very satisfied with the service as the value it provides for the price it costs is very high compared to other shopping cart solution websites.

All in all, is the best shopping back-end I have ever used, and have been a customer since 2011.

Pricing
User Friendly Back-end
Product Options
Wholesale and Bulk Pricing
Easy to Install on any kind of website and CMS

Minpunten

Sometimes new feature suggestions take too long to be heard.

Jodi

Overall great experience

Beoordeeld op 21-10-2016

While there are a few things I wish I could do with the software, overall my experience has been great and customer support has always been quick and very helpful. One feature I would be interested in having available is being able to password protect a category. Being able to disable an entire category without having to disable each individual product would be helpful to me as well. Again--overall the software is a good fit for me. We do online stores for schools, clubs and businesses for custom decorated apparel. Many of our customers repeat orders year after year or every few months and it's very convenient to just disable their category/products and then edit and enable them for the next round of orders.

Ease of use.

Minpunten

Not having the ability to print out an automatic tally of what is ordered.

Katherine
  • Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten

Easy to Use, Affordable E-commerce Option for Small Sellers

Beoordeeld op 22-3-2022

Overall my clients who are not "big sellers" have been very satisfied with Ecwid. Sellers who require more robust features may wish to explore additional options. I have never had any problem integrating any credit card processor, and have never had a security issue. I DO NOT, however, recommend Ecwid for selling internationally, as the shipping becomes a nightmare.

Pluspunten

While not as robust as some larger e-commerce platforms like Shopify, Ecwid is easier to use and more affordable for small sellers without an IT department. There are no per-transaction fees and the monthly fees are lower than other 3rd party e-commerce platforms. Sellers can even use it for FREE indefinitely to sell up to 10 items.

Minpunten

Customizing the look/design requires basic CSS knowledge - so it typically looks less "slick" than Shopify. I have encountered some great Ecwid support reps, as well as a few that are undertrained. Biggest downside is that it is terrible for International Sales. It rejects orders from overseas if the International address is entered in certain formats, which is a real problem.

Shana
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Completely Positive

Beoordeeld op 5-10-2017

It allowed me to showcase my business in several different areas of the web:
ECWID store
Facebook
Also my personal store
Integrates with my payment acceptance company
allows me to display my products the way I envision them to be displayed to the public

No issues or glitches
Solid Build
Store Design Variations
Awesome Customer Support
Well documented guides to read and learn from
Fairly easy to learn and use
Continuous Improvement Updates
Positive Messages and Blogs
Offers a free version
Payment Options Avaliable
No Contracts
Seems to cater more to start-ups and small business owners that do not require all the fancy, expensive software to run their business.

Themes are Pricey
I'm not fond of the Product qty limitations
We all want "More for your Money" deals