ConnectWise ScreenConnect reviews

ConnectWise ScreenConnect

4,7 (1.904)
Schrijf een review!
Software voor ondersteuning op afstand, vergadering op afstand en toegang op afstand

(1.904)

Ian
Ian
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Forced away from LogMeIn because of price and have never looked back

Beoordeeld op 5-3-2020

Pluspunten

We used to use LogMein and and no reason to consider changing from it until they increased their prices massively. We trailed Screen Connect and have never look back. It's better in every way for Remote Control of client systems.

Minpunten

I'd love it to have some more detailed inventory facility.

LMI hiked prices

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

We found SC to be a better throught out product which was easier for us and our clients

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Product is one of the best I've used

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2019

Our company has been a Connectwise (ScreenConnect) client since nearly the very beginning of the company. We have enjoyed a long standing relationship and legacy pricing that is not offered to other clients.

Pluspunten

We have access to our client's computers at one of the cheapest endpoint costs out there. Our server went down at one point for various reasons and we lost the complete configuration. We contacted technical support and they were so helpful that we ended up getting all of our client's computers checking into the server up restoring the license key. Support saved us.

Minpunten

When we did the restore, it didn't preserve the groups that we had segmented our clients into. We had to take alot of time to restore the configuration environment that we had set up.

Mike
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Needs better support

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2019

I have not been able to login since the upgrade to 2FA and support is unable to help.

Pluspunten

Cost was competitive compared to others and it had a good toolset for remote control.

Minpunten

connectwise support seems like they could care less that I was having problems.

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

TeamViewer had security issues in an earlier version

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Sales person indicated that there would be complete support for iPad's. Said she technically wan't alolowed to say that becasue it technically was still pending with Apple for approval, but it was coming soon. That never happened.
Robert
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

ScreenConnect is Good, But Could be Better

Beoordeeld op 10-5-2024

Very good overall and would recommend. Their partnership with BrightGauge needs lots of improvement from the reporting side, but ScreenConnect itself has been very good.

Pluspunten

It's great for remote access into another users computer, even if just one of your own. Support is good and there is no downtime.

Minpunten

Features like "Screen Blanking" can be very clunky. Often when I set the remote screen to be blanked out, I will have a session go to sleep, and when I get back on the screen blank setting has been disabled. This is highly frustrating when needin privacy in a remote setting.

Simple, Easy to use

Beoordeeld op 13-11-2019

Initially used ConnectWise Control (Formerly ScreenConnect) for simple IT support sessions (credential resets, issues with software, etc.). Later deployed agents to network. We found this product much more superior than other alternatives available on the market such as Kaseya. Sessions with speedy, and tools were easy to use like viewing one monitor individually, or performing maintenance discretely in open office environments. Allowed for support sessions to be performed remotely by staff extending the teams' effectiveness even in inclimate weather or times when IT staff worked remotely.

Pluspunten

Formerly Screenconnect, Connectwise Control is an easy to use remote software that gives IT professionals all the necessary support session tools to easily perform remote IT sessions with end users.
- Includes chat messaging
- Includes options to view services, logs, and processes
- Allows technician to blackout monitor / block keyboard presses during session
- Allows for easy facilitation of temporary remote sessions by non-technical staff
- Easy facilitation to give "passes" (timed access) to end-users and technical support staff
- Allows for basic scripting options for alerting and webhooks
- 2FA Authentication enabled

Minpunten

- Difficult initially to setup department groups of computers,
- Not a lot of documentation on setting up webhook scripting,
- Database maintenance can be tedious
- Outside basic functionality (which is all you need), selective and limited add-on options and integrations (compared to other product Automate [labtech])
- Uses Java over HTML5 only.

Zoho Desk

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

Connectwise offered superior features and a better implementation of remote control services vis-a-vis Java than older models like Kaseya which used and installed VNC on workstations.

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Connectwise's product is just enough what you need for facilitating remote sessions without much of the overhead of complicated help desk CRM setup. With Control, login, generate a link, open the link on the target PC, and the agent installed and registers easily. Agents (MSI) should also be available to deploy via Group Policy as well.
Daniel

Connectwise Control - An amazing remote app

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2023

Overall, ConnectWise Control has been a popular and reliable remote desktop software that has provided many useful features for our engineering team. Engineers have found it easy to use, and appreciate the ability to customize the software to meet their specific needs.

Pluspunten

Many users have found the software intuitive and easy to navigate, making it simple to provide remote support to clients. Also, ConnectWise Control is known for its strong security features, including two-factor authentication, session recording, and permission-based access. This helps for external and internal security requirements.

Minpunten

The pricing model may not be suitable for smaller businesses or those with limited budgets. Security permissions are confusing but support are there to help with that.

Super Handy!

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2019

We support Thousands of clients utilizing this software with ease.

We support Thousands of clients utilizing this software with ease.

Pluspunten

Makes managing hundreds of endpoint clients much easier than ever before.
Interface is nice, as well as the ability to interact and send commands to machines.

Minpunten

We have been using this since it was Screenconnect way back before Connectwise purchased the product. the new subscription model is not super cost efficient, and they charge way more for a one time license than ever before.

• Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Small Business System Administrator - Remote support tool

Beoordeeld op 10-9-2021

ConnectWise has been reliable and robust with a low footprint and a constantly updating secure product. My overall experience has been a good one and I would have no issues recommending it to other IT professionals.

Pluspunten

ConnectWise is constantly updating it's tool and providing new security releases which I can monitor. I am able to see system uptime before connecting and can preview user activity before I can connect. A very useful insight when working with difficult users.

Minpunten

I have had no success with auto-updates for my Mac computers. That said there are many vendors that don't even support a Mac deployment.

Excellent remote control software

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019

Use this product daily to support multiple workstations and servers

Use this product daily to support multiple workstations and servers

Pluspunten

New versions of Screenconnect are even better than previous versions.
Works fast even on slower internet connections.
Has a ton of features.

Minpunten

Limited to only 3 sessions.
Limited to only 1 tech per license.

LogMeIn Pro

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Cost. Feature set. Security. Software quality.
  • Sector: Afdrukken en drukwerk
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Best Remote access tool

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2019

We needed a way to solve issues remotely with computers on our manufacturing floor. It ended not only solving our issue, but saving us a lot of time as well. We're able to solve issues more quickly than before.

Pluspunten

Very easy to manage a high number of computers. All computers on our manufacturing floor can be easily managed remotely thanks to this. The Wake on LAN feature is also genius if you're managing many computers on the same network. The permissions are also very flexible­.

Minpunten

Not much to say here. There are a lot of settings and some of them can be a bit confusing and intimidating at first. Some parts of the interface need a bit of work in terms of design, but overall, very minor prblems.

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

ConnectWise Control was recommended to me by a friend, and what you get for the price seemed like a better option. I do not regret my choice.
Andrew
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

Great tool - Good mix of Instant and Agent

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2019

Love the product. Used to use a VLC-based product before, and this has gone so far already. Still some growing up to do, but seems like one of the best available products out there, at least for my needs, without being stupid-priced.

Pluspunten

There is a lot to like about the platform. From an easy-to-use instant platform, to a strong access agent. It does a lot well, and there isn't a lot it doesn't do well.

I love the idea of the toolkit, where you can pre-upload commonly-used tools.

I also like that the software seems to be taking some steps forward as time goes on as well.

Minpunten

Always have to turn down to Low setting. Doesn't seem as optimized for bandwidth as other tools. Lack of CNAME ability; Doesn't seem to work right no matter how you set it up to make the site look like your own. Very awkward to customize look-feel, even with third-party add-ons.

TeamViewer Remote en AnyDesk

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

RemotePC hadn't done any growing. Product was clunky and slow, and difficult to get customers going with Instant

RemotePC

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Just enough features, better pricing than TeamViewer in the end.
Ryan
  • Sector: Machinebouw
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

Good Remote Support Platform

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2021

I'm very happy with this product, except for the price but it's not too terrible. I'm very used to free software but they just didn't have the features like ScreenConnect, especially being able to connect to any machine and manage it if it's connected to network anywhere.

Pluspunten

I signed my company up for the Standard Package since it's wasn't critical that we had all of the features but we needed unlimited unattended access agents. This gives us the ability to see what machines are connected to internet or not and shows you the clients private and public IP addresses. This feature alone has helped me with user issues without even connecting to them. The remote command line without connecting to the machine is very nice, for simple commands. Having the ability to set information about the machine connecting to divide them up into companies, device type and department is very handy to have. The ability to give users access on only one company and set specific permissions on that company is a great feature. There are several great features that are included on the standard package but if the Premium package was cheaper, we would probably go with that one due to the reporting features in it. One thing that isn't a paid for option but is very nice it the option to connect to iOS or Android devices, not as an access device where you have access all the time but under the support option.

Minpunten

The platform is pretty solid but the user management is not as easy to spot the first time around. It would be nice if the OTP was easier to add for the Google Authenticator. Most give you a QR-Code to add the OTP but it works once you get it setup.

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

These products did not give us insight to the machine and the machine had to be on the same network as the machine trying to provide remote support. ScreenConnect allows you to provide essential support to any machine as long as it has internet access.
Jordan

ConnectWise Control Review from Experience

Beoordeeld op 11-4-2022

I have utilized ConnectWise Control for 10 years at two different companies. This product has helped keep me and my teams efficient and productive while allowing for wizard-level support all over the world. I will not go without this software after experiencing it. I purchased this on my own to utilize prior to my current company adopting it company-wide.

Pluspunten

The ease of connecting to a system. There are no complex login processes and the product functions extremely well. The remote experience is good enough to work all week through and the reliability of the sessions is enough that you don't need to have backup methods for remote access.

Minpunten

I don't have too many complaints because I have utilized and continue to utilize various other platforms in client environments that have worse functionality. If I had to pick one thing it would be that on occasion I have experienced a few instances where a PC without a monitor connected gives me a black screen when connecting to it. I do not believe that this issue is specific to Connectwise due to the graphics card and how it processes the GUI. The biggest challenge in recommending remote access software to a client is that there is always the concern about getting compromised. The on-premise version of this software allows us to recommend it to any client with a lower level of concern.

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

Our company utilized Logmein Rescue, not specifically Join.Me. The pricing was actually cheaper with Connectwise and the product was far superior at the time. I had a lot of experience with Connectwise and I was more effective with my personal version of it than our staff was with the Company product so we ended up making the switch.

GoTo Meeting

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

I have used a lot of remote access software. When we finally decided on Connectwise it was between Teamviewer, LogMeIn, and Connectwise. We currently still utilize Remote Support/Bomgar for a few clients, and we have utilized RealVNC for some specific use cases within our client's networks. Splashtop I have used personally along with Teamviewer and RemotePC. I was able to integrate the Connectwise API to work with our internal support monitoring tool. This allowed a simplified remote launch experience from within our existing application.
James
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

Excellent remote support tool

Beoordeeld op 19-6-2019

I've been using ConnectWise Control for about three years, in a multi-branch company, on a small IT team, there is absolutely no way I could do my job without it.

Pluspunten

Performance is fast over most internet connections. It takes less than two seconds to to connect to a session and begin working with a remote user.

Minpunten

Marketplace for add-ons / extensions is bare, I would love to see more options for extending the functionality of the application.

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

Steep price increases each year, while adding features that I did not need. Poor performance.

LogMeIn Central

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Pricing and overwhelmingly positive reviews
Paul
  • Sector: Scheepsbouw

Connectwise - Screenconnect

Beoordeeld op 28-10-2021

I love it. It has helped with my work. Instead of free or limited remote software, it is cost effective and reliable. I can add as many endpoints as I need. Even remotely if on my network. Has small app that runs as a service. I have complete control of all of my computers...

Pluspunten

It is always working. I have come to rely on this service. Setting up new workstations is a quick thing AND have the ability to support other workstations outside my network.

Minpunten

It MAY be a bit clunky or difficult to get add-ons to work

AnyDesk

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

ME is a bit clunky and Teamviewer is prohibitively expensive

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Price and didn't need to remote into phones/tablets
William

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

ConnectWist Control FOR THE WIN!!!!

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2019

Overall ConnectWise Control has done everything we have needed and has been an outstanding product!

Pluspunten

We love the price, the quality, the speed, the access, ability to share control with our customers and the amazing 24/7 Support!!

Minpunten

The organization and search abilities are not the greatest within the software.

Redenen om voor ConnectWise ScreenConnect te kiezen

Costs were going up 100%+ per year.

LogMeIn Central

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Price, ConnectWise Control is priced much lower compared to the other products.
Craig
  • Sector: Farmaceutica
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

ScreenConnect Make Support Easy

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2021

We had a massive problem where we had been on an unstable version without realising. Support where very helpful and helped correct the problem with little fuss and even arrange a refund for the problem. What amazing support. The big thing we learned was not to use the unstable branch in production and that for more than 4 years the unstable had never caused us issue. We are now stable only due to our size and this is one of our most used applications in our tool kit for remote user support and server access.

Pluspunten

The best features are totally the remote support and ad-hoc session access that can be shared with multiple agents. I addition we lean heavily on the lightweight client for permanent access to servers over RDS.
Also ingrates well with Azure AD.

Minpunten

The worst part, which is minor is the amount of customisation and branding.

• Sector: Verzekeringen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Easy, Fast, Reliable, Robust - Not much more I could ask for.

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2018

Overall, we're very happy with the purchase and performance and would recommend the product to anyone. It's fast, reliable, easy to use, competitively priced and their support has been great to work with the few times we've reached out.

Pluspunten

I love how quickly I can navigate my inventory, how quickly machines show up once the agent is installed, how quickly a connection is established, and how robust the suite of tools are that I have to interact with the endpoint. File transfers are simple and intuitive (no digging around wondering where the file landed), and the connection doesn't take up a ton of bandwidth so even users in areas with poor internet can still get the help they need.

It's also extremely fast and easy to update the agent on the endpoints.

Minpunten

I can't RDP connect, only VNC. Sometimes it would be very helpful to connect to the machine without unlocking the screen to the end user. This seems like a basic feature that is standard on many other remote support tools but isn't built into Screen Connect. This is probably the most important feature request I have made.

I wish there was an option to make the chat more "attention-getting" as most users simply don't notice when I start chatting with them if they're not expecting it. I have to call the user to begin their support.

I haven't seen a remote lock (make the HDD inaccessible) or kill feature (wipe the drive after its been stolen and is unrecoverable). This would be a huge help as well.

There have been bugs with "Cloud Administrator" printers getting installed on endpoints that stay there after the connection closes. It's a bug from a previous build that hasn't fully been fixed yet.

Some of the vernacular isn't easily understood (for example, "End" removes the endpoint from the console instead of just ending a session that might be stuck open). If you read through the explanation that's included with each option, it becomes clear but it seems like a poor word choice.

Sometimes the connection gets finicky and takes a minute to reconnect if the user logs out of their windows profile. Thankfully the connection is maintained, but its a bit clunky.

Merlin
  • Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

This used to be an awesome product for tech support. Now it is just great.

Beoordeeld op 1-3-2019

Support staff is always professional. But the way they get information from us and use it as to features on the product and what we like and dislike was really poorly done.

Pluspunten

I *used* to like the "Toolbox" till they broke it.
Ability to reboot computer and stay connected.
Screen drawing.. but that is bittersweet as the feature was VERY BADLY written. Whomever wrote, clearly did not use it to try and talk someone through something on their computer.
The ability to dynamically group computers by client and tags is AMAZING!!! I love that I can code searches for my groups.
Ability to rename computers.
See how long computers have been off-line
The plugin system that allows me to greatly enhance the way I interact with the interface.
Ability to create user accounts and control their security. (Still waiting for ability to limit how many connections they use)
The fact that I can run it off my own server is AWESOME!

Minpunten

I used to love that I could use the "Toolbox" to execute my tech tools while working on computers. Just pick it from the list... have it download to C:\SomeFolder and then open that folder and all the tools were there. I could clean viruses, restart the computer, go back and continue. That is no more though. After I bought the software they changed it. Now the tools download to the users "Documents" folder. The users get mad at me for digging through their "Docuemtns" folder to try and find "my folder" where the tools download too. It is hard to get to the folder. It is impossible to set exclusions on the virus shield because the folder name changes as it in the users profile. If they have bad internet or I leave a scanning tool running a long time, lose connection, the folder is removed and so are the tools. I have to start all over. This software SUCKS NOW! They completely changed it. The worst part is... they did not have too. They could have easily let it continue to work the way it was and given us some toggles and variables to control its behavior. Bad programming really. They say this app was written by techs for techs.. I think that may have been true once. Not any longer.

Lack of hotkeys... To move between screens and clear the screen drawing.
Inability to set the color of the screen drawing.
No button to set "Auto" sizing on the resolution.
"Acquire Lock" feature never seems to work.
I would list more but I am out of space.

Jared
Jared

#1 in Unattended Remote Access

Beoordeeld op 29-10-2019

I've used many remote access tools in my few years as an IT professional. None have come close to the quality, speed, and reliability of ConnectWise Control.
If you've read any of my other reviews of ConnectWise products you'll find a common theme, we started using the product shortly before the acquisition. In the ScreenConnect days the tool was just as good and it was impressive to see how smoothly this tool was brought into the fold.

ConnectWise Control will never leave my mind as the pinnacle of remote access tools.

Pluspunten

The service/local application. Its so fast to reconnect after disconnection. It is so reliable in staying up even when the machine is under great stress otherwise. This is just a solid piece of software that does exactly what it needs to and then some.
The added features are all cohesive and add to the experience of remotely assisting our customers.
This tool filled a VERY much needed gap in the ConnectWise suite of tools and really made for a holy trinity for technicians day to day ease of use in working tickets in Manage, running commands and maintenance out of Automate, and immediately helping clients with Control.

Minpunten

Managing the server yourself had the usual annoyances of having to do so, but also the positives. I believe they will host you now as well. Honestly there is very little poor to say about this product!

Justus

A Powerful and Reliable Tool for Remote Support and Remote Access

Beoordeeld op 24-12-2022

ConnectWise Control is a remote support and remote access software that allows users to remotely connect to and control computers and other devices. It is primarily used by IT professionals and customer service teams to troubleshoot and fix technical issues remotely, as well as to provide remote assistance and support to clients.ConnectWise Control is generally well-regarded by users, with many praising its reliability, ease of use, and wide range of features. Some users have reported issues with the software's pricing structure, which can be somewhat complex and may not always be clearly communicated. Overall, however, ConnectWise Control is a powerful and reliable tool for remotely accessing and controlling devices, and is a valuable tool for IT professionals and customer service teams.

Pluspunten

There are several things that I like about ConnectWise Control:Wide range of connectivity options: ConnectWise Control supports a variety of protocols and technologies for connecting to and controlling devices, including Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP), VNC, and SSH. This allows users to easily connect to and control a wide range of devices using the software.Reliability: ConnectWise Control is generally considered to be a reliable and dependable tool for remote support and remote access. It has a track record of being able to establish and maintain stable connections, which is essential for effective remote support and access.Ease of use: ConnectWise Control is designed to be easy to use, even for users who are not particularly technical. The software has a user-friendly interface and includes a range of helpful features, such as chat and messaging tools, that make it easy for users to communicate and collaborate with others while working remotely.Overall, I think ConnectWise Control is a powerful and reliable tool for remote support and remote access, and is a valuable addition to any IT professional or customer service team's toolkit

Minpunten

There are a few things that I did not like about ConnectWise Control:Pricing structure: Some users have reported that the pricing structure for ConnectWise Control can be somewhat complex and may not always be clearly communicated. This can make it difficult for users to understand exactly how much they will be paying for the software and what features are included in their subscription.Limited platform support: ConnectWise Control is primarily designed to work with Windows and macOS devices. While it is possible to use the software to remotely access and control other types of devices, such as Linux servers, the support for these platforms may be limited compared to Windows and macOS.Complexity: While ConnectWise Control is generally easy to use, the software can be somewhat complex to set up and configure, especially for users who are not particularly technical. This can make it challenging for users to get the software up and running, especially if they encounter any issues or problems.Overall, while I think ConnectWise Control is a powerful and reliable tool for remote support and remote access, it does have some limitations and drawbacks that users should be aware of.

Bryan
  • Sector: Verzekeringen

ConnectWise Control Opinions

Beoordeeld op 9-7-2019

Works great in our environment and has enable us to connect to any of our users wherever they may be. Its easy for the clients to use and connect especially if 24/7 access is setup.

Would like to see the Host Pass time increased to an option of 48 hours. Many times work must be done over the weekend, this would then enable us to issue a pass for the entire weekend and be done with it!

Pluspunten

Ease of use for myself and clients; two factor authentication . Love the Toolbox feature as it places often used apps, files, etc. at my fingertips. Being able to install consistent access to or clients is a big plus as we can see all of our devices listed with connection being just a click away. The option to pass credentials to the client is a great option to have too.

Minpunten

Not much, just the limitation of 24 hours on a Host Pass as this does not get us through a project over a weekends time frame.

LogMeIn Rescue en TeamViewer Remote

Support structure changed.

LogMeIn Rescue

Redenen om over te stappen op ConnectWise ScreenConnect

Cost, features, ease of use and deployment.
Eugene

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Close but missing the mark

Beoordeeld op 20-6-2019

Overall I give you product a score of 9 out of 10. I actually love all that it does it is just you chat is very lacking. Good luck.

Pluspunten

Price/value, Installs fast on my client's PCs, very configurable, works well with multiple monitors (now), faster than TeamViewer.

Minpunten

Oh, that easy... The chat window is the absolute worst!

First of all ... If you go look at my chat logs you will see that I use it all day long, A LOT! Probably 200 messages a day maybe more for 2 years!

I wrote that type of chat system in 2002 with visual basic. It is not object-oriented and barely HTML friendly. I suggest you embrace one of the chat libraries standards. so you don't have to roll your own.

NUMBER ONE COMPLAINT
It needs the ability to change my message after I have submitted it. It is so frustrating to accidentally misspell something and have no way of fixing it.

When copying a prior message (to refere to It) your font is WHITE therefore if I paste it back into the chat window it is still white. (white on white!) Hello... How did the testing team miss this!

It needs to remember my partial chat (un-submitted) message, even after losing connection and reconnecting or exiting and rerunning the app.

It needs a search feature. (I know your code is only buffering back a short distance back, but at least search with the current buffer!) I can always scroll back further and further to expand my search.

It needs to have a spell checker, (Or instantiate a COM Control of IE, Chrome and the spell checker will magically work!)

Aaron
Aaron
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Robust Remote Management Software, But Background Software Can Be Slow

Beoordeeld op 30-7-2020

I am not the administrator of this software, but I am a tech that uses the software to carry out administrative tasks on client computers. LabTech (ConnectWise) offers a pretty solid remote management tool that does a good job offering tools beyond simple remote access to client computers. We use two different remote management software solutions where I work. I will say, LabTech isn't the one I like the best, but it does have some key benefits over the other software.

Pluspunten

I really enjoy having a toolbox full of things I regularly use that I can transfer to the client's computer with just a few clicks; I can install tools like Putty, IP Scanners, TreeSize, and more without having to download them from a web browser each time I need them.

I also enjoy how easy it is to upload/download files to/from a client computer as the situation dictates. Our other remote management software requires a roundabout way of doing this, but the capabilities are built right in for LabTech (ConnectWise).

Other useful abilities include the blocking client input or even their view, and being able to draw on the screen as well.

Minpunten

When using the Automate software to interface with a client computer instead of the remote access software, sending commands and/or pulling data is quite slow. Get ready to wait 1-3 minutes for each send/receive request to complete. Thankfully, with the addition of CMD/PowerShell capabilities within remote access app by using the "Background" profile, I don't find myself using these features very often. They are sometimes necessary when the remote access app is not working properly on the client's computer though.

The best Remote Control Tool on the market

Beoordeeld op 8-1-2019

I have been using this produce for many, many years, originally as ScreenConnect. It has been a valuable tool that I could not go without. I am extremely satisfied with the product. I just hope the pricing model doesn't continue to be changed like it was late 2018.

Pluspunten

ConnectWise Control has a straight forward pricing model, works extremely well both for remote tech as well as customer. Extremely easy to start a session as well as access a running session. With the Access Sessions (always running) option, you can add all your managed computers and quickly remote in. This is one of the first to support all major operating systems, including Windows, Linux, Mac, Android and iOS. This gives quick and easy access to all types of remote computers, no longer do you need to support multiple remote access tools to support your customer base.

Minpunten

I only have two complaints, the pricing model although fair, can get out of control if you want to self host or if you need the higher tier plans. The auditing and reporting is something that has always been partially implemented and needs a good bit of work. Also the pricing model was recently changed to move some features to the higher priced tier, this brings consurn that this activity may continue forcing a high monthly rate to maintain the same feature set. Hopefully this isn't true.