Front

Front

Software voor e-mailbeheer en gedeelde inbox voor teams

4.3/5 (111 review)
Nic M.
Sector: Schoolleiding

A Great App for Unifying and Streamlining your Communication Workflow

Beoordeeld op 1-4-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Front has a positive influence on the way I process communication because it allows me to aim for and realistically reach inbox zero. This is possible by allowing me to either respond immediately to a message, snooze it for a later reply or most importantly to me, easily delegate the message to another team member while still being able to follow the conversation. These features allow me to realistically manage multiple inboxes and ensure timely responses to all inbound communication.

Pluspunten

Front is a beautifully designed app for managing private and team emails as well as your company's other communication channels such as chat widgets, social media platforms and even SMS through a service like Twilio. I appreciate the thoughtfulness that has guided Front's development over the years. The Front team's dedication to optimizing the app based on customer feedback is evident in each iteration, and it's great that the Front app is regularly freshened with feature updates and additions. Today's existing integrations with Front coupled with new regularly added services makes Front the perfect platform for unifying your communication workflow. One "inbox" for all your accounts is awesome!

Minpunten

There are a couple of pain points for me when it comes to my daily usage of Front. My chief complaint is that at this time there is not bi-directional sync of archived or permanently-deleted messages. In my case, archives and deletes in my Office 365 account are synced to Front, but when I apply the same actions in Front, they do not sync to Office 365. This behavior is annoying in the context of my personal inbox—messages acrue and clutter the inbox—but counterproductive for a shared inbox with a mix of Front and Office 365 users. The obvious solution is to move all users to Front but in my case it is not realistic to onboard our entire team at once. Front should sync all actions back to Office 365. My second and last complaint is Front's calendar: it's not as robust as it should be if it's intended to be used instead of, say, Office 365. The experience for creating timed versus all-day events is cumbersome and to my knowledge, cannot be toggled between. Additionally, there is no functionality for creating recurring events. Unfortunately, my time is currently wasted switching between Front and Office 365 for simple calendaring tasks. I am looking forward to the Front team addressing both the sync and calendaring issues in an upcoming release. These pain points are partially behind my hesitation to push Front to all team members.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 8.0/10

Justin K.

Front Review

Beoordeeld op 23-7-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Overall, Front allows my team and I the ability to respond promptly to each mover around the country without having to switch screens.

Pluspunten

I work at the HQ of a moving company (Bellhops) and my job consists of constantly messaging our movers in the field spread over 25+ cities around the country. The best thing about Front is the ability to prioritize messages involving conversations that are more pertinent than others. Some are urgent and need to be handled right away, and others aren't and Front allows the visibility to determine the difference. My personal favorite attribute is the 'following' inbox including all active conversations you're apart of.

Minpunten

It would be great to see front integrate with software used by our company so we wouldn't have to input new contacts once we hire a mover in the field. This may already be available, or in the works.

Front has allowed our company to save about a 5 to 1 ROI in time savings

Beoordeeld op 10-7-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Major time savings and better organization is the key benefit we get as well as being able to build our own custom plugins.

Pluspunten

Front allows teams to work in a more organized flow with incoming emails. One of the ways we have been able to utilize Front has been to group all emails for specific teams into Team inboxes and then team members can take emails out of the queue and work to bring the box to zero. This has saved us a lot of time from trying to organize emails in outlook.

The main selling feature for us however was the ability to create a custom plugin in the panel on the right as well as pull data from the current conversation from the Front API that is well built. This allows us to customize our flow.

Front also has several default integrations some more useful than others. They seem to be growing at a large pace so you can expect to see major enhancements with the product in the future.

Minpunten

The price can be a little high per user and the Enterprise version doesn't seem to offer the kinds of benefits you would want to see for such a large price jump. There also seem to be some features on enterprise that feel like they should be one tier down like user roles and authorization.

Matt P.
Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
Vertalen met Google

Front is the best tool we ever added to our team!

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

Pluspunten

Front is an amazingly powerful tool backed by a team of professionals who provide us with the ability to manage our email as a team. We work together to help our customers succeed and share an email account — with Front we're able to assign out emails, have thread-specific chats by mentioning team members and use the Sequences feature to send personalized messages to our customers. Using Front has increased our communication internally and has dramatically improved our efficiency when addressing customer requests. Sequences allow us to stay personal and deliver proactive outreach without sacrificing time.

Minpunten

Front is a growing company which means they roll out updates from time-to-time — anytime there are bugs they are quick to address the concerns. The CSM team and technical support have been super helpful anytime we've run into issues.

Antwoord van Front

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We love helping the Instructure team be so efficient :)

Stefany B.
Sector: Vastgoed

Organized and Efficient

Beoordeeld op 13-10-2016
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

My company uses Front in a way that it was not created. I say this because the company accommodated our use rather than letting us go. Because of this allowance, they have made our day to day use of hundreds of emails efficient and effective. We are able to assign incoming email, share with unlimited employees and a number of integrations keeps the app connected to our CRM and other integral apps. Folders allow us to keep a very organized view of our incoming mail stream with employees that are offsite or in different countries.

The number one reason for choosing Front was their phone app. Beautifully designed and easy enough to use by my least technical employee with ease. Compatible with IOS and Android. There are regualr upgrades so they are a growing and innovative group of people.

Their willingness to work with us and even take suggestions for upgrades was a deciding factor to stick with Front.

Pluspunten

Easy to use, scalable to any size company and has a fantastic phone app.

No issues so far.

Stefanos S.
Vertalen met Google

Excellent tool for a team that has a number of email accounts!

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2017
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Centralized mail management was the main reason for choosing Front. It is a great tool indeed.

Pluspunten

Front if used correctly can be a powerful service. We use it for our company. Everyone has access to Front with their personal account (after they get invited) and they can manage themselves which inboxes to receive emails from. The main features that I see are the following:

- User friendly interface
- Customization
- Excellent support

All in all I would recommend it for anyone searching for such a service. We are very pleased so far.

Minpunten

Front hasn't got many things going the wrong way. If I should say something that would be that at first glance it might be a bit too much and intimidating to have all those inboxes and emails coming in but after you find your way around Front you realize that it was just wedding jitters! Everything turns out fine in the end :)

Ethan K.
Sector: Informatietechnologie en -diensten
Vertalen met Google

Front App made my customer support job a breeze 99% of the time.

Beoordeeld op 30-1-2019

Pluspunten

The internal commenting system was instrumental to make sure everyone on the team knew where we were with a specific ticket. The ability to build custom modules for the program allowed our dev team to hook up our customer database to Front to easily search any relevant piece of info we needed without having to leave the program.

Minpunten

They recently updated the UI to be more modern and user friendly, but unfortunately hid or removed a lot of the features that were in the forefront with the old design. You can still access most of them, but they now require a few extra clicks, which can interrupt work flow.

Antwoord van Front

Hi Ethan, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on the workflow issues. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

Sector: Internet

Making Working Remotely Easier

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018

Pluspunten

I work remotely, as does the rest of the team I belong to, and using Front to coordinate client emails is essential to presenting a united front in terms of responses and feedback. The ability to tag, comment and reassign is especially helpful in providing clients with a consistent and uniform voice when answering.

Minpunten

If I had something that I like least about Front, it is the problems that can arise from someone re-opening an already archived email. It can cause the email to show up in the inbox of the individual who archived it and nothing can be done with it, and it is a pain to make it re-archive.

Antwoord van Front

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on archive. Our product development team is continuously working on improvements there.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 7.0/10

Sector: Marketing en reclame
Vertalen met Google

One of the worst email applications I've ever used

Beoordeeld op 2-4-2018
Bron van de reviewer: GetApp

Pluspunten

The overall look of Front is simple, which is nice.

The snooze function on emails.

The support staff were friendly and quick to answer.

Minpunten

My company switched my team over to Front after a couple people who shared an inbox had issues with managing it. I didn't have a shared inbox, but struggled with the lack of functionality for just personal inboxes.

There are so many missed functionalities to Front it made my job incredibly inefficient. I found myself spending more time doing my job which consists of heavy emailing because of Front problems.

1. No calendar. Cannot make appointments, set up meetings, etc.

2. Unable to edit messages in a previous thread. Say someone sends you a list of questions. You cannot just answer next to their list in the previous email and say "see below."

3. Archiving messages... when we first switched to Front, the management team used it for a few weeks to test it. When the team was instructed to switch within the next couple weeks, and BOOM thousands of emails that Front could not autoarchive. I had about 10 emails in Outlook during the switch. The front inbox had accumulated thousands over the course of the management test period. Front could only auto archive shared inboxes, not personal. I had to spend 20 minutes selecting 3000 emails to auto archive since it didn't sync correctly with Outlook.

4. Saving emails... you can't. You only have the option to send a link of the email which only works for those that also used front.

5. You cannot edit pasted tables in front, as far as formatting goes. No deletion of columns or making rows smaller.

6. No red flags or categorizing. Often I'd keep emails in Outlook and red flag them to remind myself to check on it before I leave. No flagging in Outlook. This is replaced by snoozing in Front to make it reappear later, but I do miss the flag option.

7. You archive something in someone else's inbox that they share with you... it archives in their inbox, too.

8. No options to make folders. You want to move emails to a folder to refer to later? You cannot.

I could go on and on and ended up emailing a list of 18 problems after using Front for the first 3 months to management who sent to Front support. The responses were basically they hope to rollout that feature one day. Which obviously doesn't help now.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 0.0/10

Vertalen met Google

Great for collab, not so great for the budget

Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 30-3-2018

Pluspunten

We love using this for syncing with Pipedrive - the implementation was easy. The powerful autoresponders are helpful as well. On any given day, we can have a different auto responder, which is great because we're always in a dedicated project on Wednesdays and out of office on Fridays. It's also a bonus that send later is active right out of the box - so when I'm working on emails after my kids are in bed they show up to my clients as sent at 7am the next morning. Set up wasn't too bad since I had already used Support Bee previously. The mobile app is solid as well, though my Android phone tells me it takes a lot of battery power. I wish it was listed as a native email provider on Andoid phones - so right now if I click on a email link in my Pipedrive App, I can't have it open in Front. Front is better than Pipedrive for sending emails since I can drop screenshots inline in emails in Front - something we do on a daily basis. I recommended this to a client who initially liked the idea that it connected with Shopify, showing order information beside each email (see cons for rest of the story). It's normal email stuff works just fine as well - removing formatting, adding bullets, bold, etc all work as expected. As an admin, I like having the ability to make sure my team is keeping on top of shared emails. Additionally, when a teammate needs some help on a message, they can share it with me to help advise them.

Minpunten

Buyer beware on the TOS regarding refunds. I set this up for a client and got them paid up as an annual client with several users. However, it wasn't a good fit for them. I was not pleased to find out Front does not offer pro-rated refunds, which is costing my client a lot of money and jeopardizing my relationship with them. Customer services was unsympathetic. For this reason I can't recommend Front anymore. If a user signs up with an annual plan, they will at some point be losing money, not saving it - unless they cancel on the anniversary of when they started. Just because it's in the TOS doesn't mean it's the right thing to do: Front is one of the companies that needs to learn this.

Vertalen met Google

Front offers unsurpassed visibility between customers and your support staff.

Beoordeeld op 8-2-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

This software is the only command center for support that you need to fully engage with customers.

Pluspunten

Front allows my support team to fully engage with customers and each other across platforms all within Front. We're able to see the Tweet that customer sent and if they sent multiple emails about an issue. It allows us to give their time the highest value and the highest productivity for ourselves.

Minpunten

Their pricing structure is limiting with cost per user and price hikes for additional features that would benefit the platform and experience for every user. Their support staff can also be slower to respond than would be expected for a support platform.

Sector: Detailhandel

Great Collaboration Tool but Highly Non-Customizable and Expensive

Beoordeeld op 2-11-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

After a year of using it, the software has definitely shown that if you're not collaborating on emails, you've been missing out. BUT, the lack of flexibility in the software has me searching out other options for an email client.

Pluspunten

This software makes it easy to collaborate on emails, gives staff accountability, has fair audit features, and if you pay enough money, the ability to create additional roles is also pretty nice.

Minpunten

No built-in spam filtering. Have to use your own email provider for that. Extras like additional roles and the ability to separate teams is too expensive. The software can't be customized aside from creating rules, which don't always cover what you needed done.

Antwoord van Front

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We're sorry to hear we haven't completely met your needs. We are in the midst of re-evaluating our pricing so hopefully you can reconsider us again soon.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 6.0/10

Neven Z.
Sector: Financiële dienstverlening

my review

Beoordeeld op 25-1-2019

Pluspunten

I like that it pulls so many accounts into one area and lets myself and coworkers manage and send emails as a team from one box but also allows us to work individually. It really comes in handy to be able to assign emails to people and not have to forward and some how mark them to help stay organized.

Minpunten

The forwarding feature somehow got way too complicated. I am not sure why or how the simple method of forwarding an email got split into so many different categories of "in this conversation" "in a new conversation" etc etc. I just want to be able to send the email to others without having issues.

Antwoord van Front

Hi Neven, thanks for taking the time to review Front! We are so pleased to hear how we've made your job easier. And thank you for the constructive feedback on forwarding messages. We'll pass this along to our product development team.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 8.0/10

Caitlin K.
Vertalen met Google

Would highly recommend Front to any growing business

Beoordeeld op 16-1-2018

Pluspunten

First, front streamlines all of our team communication in one place. It allows for teams to have visibility on incoming messages/inquiries, assign them to the appropriate staff member, and even have internal conversations/notes that are not visible to the customer. You can also set reminders, alerts (i.e. snoozing a conversation for a few days), and set time-saving canned/saved responses. It's incredibly user-friendly.

Minpunten

First, It's very expensive.

Sam G.

Makes Customer Success Simple

Dagelijks Gratis proef lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 1-8-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

We use a pooled system for our customer success team for accounts in the SMB segment, and Front is our new shared inbox system to facilitate communication between CSMs and customers

Pluspunten

Used as a shared inbox for our customer success org and it solves so many problems. Shared inbox, Salesforce integration, and assigning tasks are some highlights

Minpunten

Can be difficult to implement, time consuming to create but saves time in the long run

Madelin W.
Vertalen met Google

Front helps my company keep up with our work easily and efficiently.

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2017

Pluspunten

My company is a call center, and we use Front to help organize and track our leads. Often our customer service department will take web chats, which are then viewed by sales through front. We really enjoy the ability to sort multiple inboxes, add tags as well as comments. We also have many users, so each representative can track the leads they have submitted, tagged or commented on.

Minpunten

We came to a point where our growth was too large for Front alone. We designed our own web application to work in tandem with front, because the reporting was not the easiest to use.

Adam S.
Sector: Schoolleiding
Vertalen met Google

WOW! A must have if you work for a small business like mine

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019

A++

Pluspunten

Honestly everything, this app makes our emailing system so organized and easy. Everyone is assigned emails for which location they manage. In my opinion, it's the best app out for email organization for multiple users. Easy to use and we never have had problems with it.

Minpunten

I can't think of any cons for this app, it does everything we need it to do. Employees that we give access learn it so quickly.

Daniel J.
Sector: Consumentengoederen
Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Perfect Mail Organization Software

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2017

Pluspunten

Front App, which is a mail management software, hits all the right marks. We use it for e-commerce and received 100s of emails a day. Front has easy to use Filter to filter out the important ones from the unimportant ones. We have used it for over a year and never had a single complaint. We love this app! Also, their customer service (which we rarely use) is A+ as well.

Minpunten

I think they adjusted their pricing a little bit but otherwise all good. We contacted them about pricing and were promptly grandfathered in with our original plan.

Vivian a. H.
Vertalen met Google

It allows you to sync your email and keep your mail organized.

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I can answer emails on-the-go and it allows me to sync it with my salesforce account.

Pluspunten

The interface is very attractive in comparison with other software. I really like the option that allows you to assign emails on-the-go and the way it organizes your mail. Also, that you can add your own automated responses which makes easier your workflow when sending important emails to clients.

Minpunten

I think the monster faces that the software had initially were a unique characteristic that nobody else had. You should switch back to that version or add the option.
Usually, the app takes some time to load and it can be very frustrating. Seeing things load quickly, or at the very least improves the user experience.

Bedrijfsgrootte: 10.001+ werknemers
Vertalen met Google

Improvements in the past quarter

Beoordeeld op 10-1-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I liked it overall; it allowed my team to use a shared inbox, and assign 'cases' to others on the team. It was efficient, and had a great built-in tagging system as well.

Pluspunten

There have been many improvements made in the past few months; the user interface is much more streamlined, and it has fewer bugs - I rarely experience crashes with this app.

Minpunten

I wish it could have been better integrated with other applications such as Outlook; it would be great to have integration with other tools and software.

Antwoord van Front

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Front!

Sector: Bouwmaterialen

Collaborative Inbox for Small Team

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2018
Bron van de reviewer: GetApp

Pluspunten

Front allows our small team to share an inbox of customer support emails, in addition to the calls we receive, and organize them to best see the types of emails that we are receiving. Additionally, the tags allow us to track what types of emails and calls we receive to determine our weaknesses.

Minpunten

I would like to see the calls and emails integrated into the same threads within the customer history page in a timeline. Additionally, I wish Front integrated with other software in a more productive manner.

Claudia A.
Sector: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Experience using FrontApp

Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt
Beoordeeld op 31-10-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

I am still using the application but I am uncertain if we will keep using it to track our metrics and performance. We have used other platforms and will keep trying others to find what best suits our needs.

Pluspunten

My boss who is based in another country can keep track of my tickets and the times of response to measure my performance daily. I can follow up via email easily with all my clients.

Minpunten

The platform is too busy, I have all my emails in the same platoform making it too busy and it is challenging to find a ticket assigned to someone else.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 6.0/10

Ma F.
Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
Vertalen met Google

All in one messaging app!

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2019
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Almost there, I'll give it an easy 4 out of 5 stars!

Pluspunten

Great for business owners who like to have everything in one place! With the Front app, you can send and receive emails, SMS, chat in just one place! How cool is that?!

You can also integrate other apps like Hubspot and create a mini CRM within Front where you could view all your customers' profiles. This eliminates the need to purchase another software for that purpose.

Minpunten

It's probably because it gets clogged with a heavy amount of data that it lags frequently. Although in my experience, it has never shut down for more than 5 minutes, this is still an area of improvement.

Sector: Mediaproductie
Vertalen met Google

Buggy and slow product, with lack of attention to detail

Beoordeeld op 6-5-2018
Bron van de reviewer: Capterra

Ability to respond to and manage emails as a team.

Pluspunten

I can share and comment on threads with the rest of my team. As an admin, I also have granular control over users' access permissions to email inboxes.

Minpunten

The disregard the little details over and over again in favor of new updates. The app (iOS especially) makes me wait a lot of times when it shouldn't, making it feel slow in stark contrast to other mail apps. Things don't load instantly. Contacts aren't cached. Their UI designers blatantly disregard Android / iOS / Mac / web design conventions (which are there for a reason) in favor of their own convoluted system. Their release notes are boring and they make me update my app even when it's perfectly usable (this condescending attitude is particularly annoying). Many of these small glitches have actually led to catastrophic disasters within my team like unwittingly sending followup emails ("sequences") to 200+ recipients. My advice to them: focus on stabilizing your current, buggy product rather than trying to introduce a million features that don't work 100%.

Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling: 3.0/10

Carry Q.
Vertalen met Google

Front is generally great but there are a few features that are not fully fledged out.

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2018

Pluspunten

I love how it connects my other products and especially the feature about assigning or looping in other team members and creating a thread about an email. It keeps things organized and makes my life less confusing!

Minpunten

I don't like the send later functionality. The software doesn't mention or give the option to select time zone, which can be an issue when you work across many offices, and also doesn't have a summary or a warning before firing off an email. I think it would be more beneficial to schedule a send and then have the ability to edit the delivery time, access those emails etc in a clear and easy way