Hubstaff

4,6 (1.479)
Schrijf een review!
Tijdregistratie met schermopnamen, voor teams op afstand.

(1.479)

• Sector: Consumentengoederen
  • Anders 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

I have used Hubstaff for over 2 years

Beoordeeld op 4-11-2020

I love it! Still use it and recommend to other colleagues.

I love it! Still use it and recommend to other colleagues.

Pluspunten

I like that it comes with the integrated time doctor, detailed reports for the team activity & productivity, as well as the recruitment Hubstaff Talent platform, I'd say it's the best remote hiring platform. Have found many employees from there.

Minpunten

There's no payroll integration with Payoneer. It's tough to do payroll with limited options.

TimeCamp, Monitask en Clockify

Redenen om voor Hubstaff te kiezen

The freelancer platform was better. Upwork is too costly to post jobs.

Redenen om over te stappen op Hubstaff

Hubstaff Talent & Task Manager.
Arman

Delivers on the promise

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2020

When I started working as a freelancer I tested most of the most famous time tracking software services out there. I always ended up coming back to Hubstaff! The free plan was perfect for starting out, and now it also works perfectly for our small team. And we hope the same will happen once the company grows bigger.

Pluspunten

The ease of use and the fact it's so feature-rich. They have many integrations and even offer API for custom implementations.

Minpunten

I'd like to have the ability to set different pay/bill rates in different currencies, regardless of the primary currency set at the Organization top level.

Redenen om voor Hubstaff te kiezen

Hubstaff has more features and better fit for our purposes.

Overgestapt van

Redenen om over te stappen op Hubstaff

Hubstaff has more features and better fit for our purposes.
Javad

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

The worst nightmare

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2024

Pluspunten

having good reports and good website

Minpunten

I hate every-time I want to track time with it. it crashes i have to try on and on to finally make it work i have 24 gb of ram and i7 cpu with ubuntu os. other colleagues of mine which are using it on ubuntu have the same problem

Alexander

Best time tracking software

Beoordeeld op 3-3-2024

Pluspunten

Established software. 100% reliable and self-explanatory.

Minpunten

Nothing to complain, but considering the multitude of functionalities and that I only use time tracking, the price should be lower. Nevertheless, the competitors are neither cheaper.

Clockify en Toggl Track
Dejan
Dejan
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

Productivity booster

Beoordeeld op 29-7-2019

It is a great product if you spent some time explaining the advantages to your colleagues. Otherwise, I might be seen as a tool that violates personal privacy and narrowly measures company productivity.

Pluspunten

easy to use, stable desktop app, great visualizations and statistics, many possibilities for integration with another tools

Minpunten

some functionalities within this product are not fully customizable (e.g. idle time is set to min of 5 minutes), more flexibility would be great (e.g. you can`t enable or disable idle timer or disable manual adding/editing records within specific project/task.

Hi Dejan,
Thanks for your feedback!

We absolutely agree that it is important to have a conversation with your team in regards to the software and its capabilities to ensure they are on the same page and do not feel that it invades their privacy.
We understand that this type of conversation can be difficult and time consuming so we put a guide together to help with the transition https://support.hubstaff.com/transition-your-business-to-hubstaff/

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to our support team and we will be happy to help.

Sarah

Luis Daniel
Luis Daniel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Awesome tool to track productivity

Beoordeeld op 2-8-2019

Pluspunten

This is by far the most robust time tracking software I've ever tested. I love the screenshot taking feature and how easy is to create new tasks

Minpunten

I don't like that the pricing model is not per user, so let's say you have 6 employees you need to get the 10 employees plan instead of adding just one additional user.

Hi Luis,
Thanks for the feedback!

It is great to hear that you are enjoying software and screenshot feature.

In regards to the pricing model we understand that our current pricing model may not fit everyone which is why we are adding a per user plan shortly.

Sarah

Mohit
Mohit

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Tracking progress of candidates and project with their daily activities.

Beoordeeld op 4-2-2021

Pluspunten

This was the most usable product for my team in the lockdown period. We have successfully managed the team remotely in the whole lockdown period.
The time tracking and screenshots of the screen is a most useful feature.

Minpunten

It removes the collaboration of the basecamp app.
It is having a difference in time calculation of candidate and admin (as received multiple complaints from the team).

Time Doctor

Redenen om over te stappen op Hubstaff

Cost of integration and a lesser understanding of the product.
Amir
Amir
  • Sector: Nutsbedrijven

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Amazing product and even more amazing support team

Beoordeeld op 2-6-2022

Pluspunten

It was a perfect fit for us as we have teams in 3 different locations (all remote) and their tools give us an eagle eye view of everything that is going on.
I used to use a competitor of theirs a few years ago and when I tried out Hubstaff, noticed they are leaps and bounds above them.
Service second to none. Chat 24-7-365, respond in under a minute and 9/10 resolve your issues on the spot.

Minpunten

Seriously cant think of a flaw at this juncture

Antwoord van Hubstaff

Hello Amir, thank you for taking the time out of your day, in order to leave us this review.

I just wanted to provide a little correction, to make it clear for other customers, our live chat is available 24 hours a day over the weekdays. We provide support over email during the weekends.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave us this review and we hope you will carry on having a productive and enjoyable experience using the platform.

Anand

xcriptech review

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2023

Pluspunten

easy to use and screenshot feature, add/remove people

Minpunten

popups which are displayed when login to subscribe the additonal addons

Redenen om over te stappen op Hubstaff

they do not have option to capture screenshots.
Silvano
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

It's a great tool for time management

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2020

Hubstaff is a great tool. It's really simple to use and it's even fun and motivating to check the amount that you are going to receive bases on the work time.

Pluspunten

Hubstaff is really simple for our collaborators to use to track their work time. It's nice because you can config the hourly rate of the collaborator, and when the team member starts the timer, it automatically starts to calculate the total amount of money gained on that period.

Minpunten

Sincerely, I think Hubstaff has all the features we need in our organization to track time and calculate the amount we need to spend.

Jira

Redenen om over te stappen op Hubstaff

Because of the time management and calculation of the hourly rate

Antwoord van Hubstaff

Hi Silvano, thank you! This means a lot to our team. We are glad you are having an awesome experience with us. Always take care.

Ninon

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Your Asset when it comes to time tracking

Beoordeeld op 13-3-2023

Very good. Easy to use and definitely a tool I will keep using in the future.

Very good. Easy to use and definitely a tool I will keep using in the future.

Pluspunten

The best feature of HUbstaff is how easy it is to add projects and assign someone to track them. We bill our clients for example 200 hours of design and resource management and Hubstaff has been our go-to for tracking this time for our invoicing. It's also a really lovely reporting feature where you can easily switch between per project and per member to track the resources effectively.

Minpunten

The timesheets have an error with the buttons that need to be fixed. I have contacted support before, but I have never once received feedback from Hubstaff support. So definitely zero stars for their support structure.

abdullah
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

My experience with Hub Stuff for over 4 years

Beoordeeld op 31-10-2022

Pluspunten

Ease of use, flexibility and availability at all times

Minpunten

The large amount of reports and their presentation format :)

Calamari

Redenen om over te stappen op Hubstaff

I work on both systems, but for remote work I rely on Hapstaff

Hello Abdullah,

Thank you for leaving us this review for the platform. Indeed, at the moment, we do have a large number of different reports that are used to provide detailed information about a specific aspect of the time tracked on the organisation.

However, please keep in mind that we are in the process of releasing Hubstaff Insights, which is a paid add-on for Hubstaff, that offers analysis of various different reports together, using parameters set up by the organisation that utilises this add on. I believe this will be of great benefit to both yourself and other users, or organisations, that are wanting to have a quicker and easier way to analyse the information recorded by Hubstaff.

For more information about the add on, we do have the following support article here - https://support.hubstaff.com/hubstaff-insights-add-on/

Juan

Lightweight, easy, and effective

Beoordeeld op 29-3-2019

As a time tracking, payment management, and employee monitoring software, Hubstaff does a great job. It does help many companies keep track of their employees and is pretty comprehensive and even fun to use (when you look at it form the browser). Aside from the archaic Windows app, which has many problems, I have no complaints.

Pluspunten

I've only used Hubstaff for time tracking with my company, I've never used it individually, but I've worked with it with two separate companies so far (as a freelancer), and when comparing it to other time tracking and monitoring tools, I find Hubstaff to be one of the most easy to use and amenable. The thing I like the most is the comprehensive user experience from my end, though I can't speak for admins. As a worker I enjoy being in control and up-to-date with my activity.

Minpunten

I would say that working with Hubstaff can get a little pressuring because of the activity system in place. What I mean is that I understand the way they measure activity but I do believe that looking for an activity sign every second can be very daunting, especially when some affiliate companies look for activity percentages higher than 80% for their employees. This forces many freelancers into a burnout trying to achieve these impossible productivity standards. Of course, Hubstaff can't claim responsability for what its users decide to do with it, but since it's fairly understandable that we (as workers) don't necessarily press keys or move the mouse at all times, maybe it would be better if they counted one activity sign every two (2) seconds, for example. Or if they offered ways to take breaks that were a direct part of the software and not something entirely at the discretion of one's employer. Hubstaff is great, but its current system does seem to favor employers more than employees, in my opnion, and this could lead to exploitation. Another thing is that the Windows app really needs an update, it has many bugs and doesn't look well on the UX side. There should be more options, not just an outdated-looking time tracker.

• Sector: Vastgoed
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Increasing your team's efficiency and productivity

Beoordeeld op 21-6-2023

Hubstaff has proven to be an effective time management and productivity analysis tool. Its ability to track employee locations and generate detailed reports has assisted us in improving team efficiency and collaboration. Although the integrations could be expanded, Hubstaff's core functionality is solid and provides useful insights for informed decision-making. I recommend this platform to businesses looking to improve the productivity and performance of their work teams.

Pluspunten

I appreciate the ability to track employees' locations and record time based on their geographic location. This feature is available through Hubstaff, and it allows me to easily monitor the activity of my team members, particularly those who work in different locations. This has been particularly beneficial for distributed teams, and it has improved our coordination and collaboration.Hubstaff provides detailed reporting and analytics on teamwork time, productivity, and efficiency in addition to location tracking. This information has enabled us to make more informed decisions and improve our work processes. The ability to analyze how time is distributed and where changes can be made has allowed us to maximize productivity while reducing inefficiencies.

Minpunten

Hubstaff's integration with other tools is one of its limitations. While it includes some integrations with specific tools, I believe this section could be expanded to include more options. As a digital marketer, I use several tools that are specific to my job, and it would be advantageous to have a deeper integration with them within Hubstaff.

Tiana
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Perfect for remote work and task tracking

Beoordeeld op 23-6-2022

Pluspunten

Hubstaff makes remote work easy. It can be easily installed on a computer and used immediately by employees. The time-tracking and task management is the appeal of the software. Both users and managers are able to check-in with their daily progress for task and time management. In the simplest sense, Hubstaff is an easy way to track employee productivity.

Minpunten

Aside from screenshots being taken a tad too often (which can feel invasive for users), the one improvement I'd suggest is more of a real-time update on the dashboard of reported hours. Sometimes there is a delay in an employee's time reporting causing discrepancies between managers and workers. In addition, productivity reports are not always accurate. It seems the productivity reporting bases stats on how often a Hubstaff user moves their mouse, which isn't always indicative of timespent.

Antwoord van Hubstaff

Hello Tiana, thank you for leaving this detailed review of our platform, along with your proposed improvements to the platform.

There can be times where there is a delay in the upload of time tracked to our servers - with that being most of the time being the case when the user's time tracker is not able to temporarily upload its tracked data to our servers. If and when this occurs, it will mean that the time tracked by the affected user will only be displayed on the organisation's account once the connection can be made and information uploaded.

Hubstaff measures activity percentage by taking the time during which activity was detected - via mouse or keyboard - and calculating that as a percentage from the total time spent tracking. Naturally there will be legitimate reasons and business needs for which activity may be lower, such as during calls or meetings. It is possible to create specific projects on Hubstaff with that in mind, where you can disable activity tracking.

Leri
  • Sector: Tekstschrijvers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Hubstaff is a great time tracker for remote workers

Beoordeeld op 19-7-2022

Hubstaff is a easy program to use for time tracking. It is ideal for anyone working remotely. It has many other useful features for program managers and payroll - which requires playing around with the features to get to understand where everything is. But if you just want to log time, it's easy to use and anyone can do it.

Pluspunten

Hubstaff's time tracker is great and convenient to use. Having a Chrome extension available makes it even better as the tracker is available right in my browser so that I can pause and resume time tracking easily when needed.

Minpunten

Despite all of the reporting options available, it can sometimes be difficult to find where to get an overview of the hours worked for a specific time period (using dates). I had to look through all the sections a few times to find it. I also don't like that it goes idle if you're not physically using the mouse - such as when I'm in a Zoom meeting (which is still work). Even though you can still count those hours, they still negatively effect the productivity score.

Antwoord van Hubstaff

Hello Leri, thank you for providing us with this detailed review of our platform! The "Time and Activity" report would be the best report for you to use, in order to get the time worked by a specific member of the organisation, for the period of time desired.

When it comes to the idle time that Hubstaff records, it does record the time during which there is no activity recorded by the user, via the usage of mouse and/or keyboard. If you find yourself in meetings where you are going idle too often, you may want to consider increasing the idle timeout from the default value of 5 minutes to a different one to better suit your needs.

Additionally, when it comes to the activity percentage calculation, it is possible for the activity of certain projects to not be counted towards the overall activity calculation. So, a project called "Meetings" could be created, with the activity tracking disabled for it, and that could be used specifically for tracking time to meetings.

Elizabeth
  • Sector: Marktonderzoek

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Easy Time Tracking But Has Some Downfalls

Beoordeeld op 6-6-2023

I find Hubstaff to be user friendly but with downfalls that affect my overall opinion. If the desktop app did not impact the performance of my device, I would be happier with Hubstaff. Some features I can appreciate the intention but can't always be used reliably, such as the activity tracker. The activity tracker reports your and your team's active mouse movements on the screen. This percentage doesn't mean much if you are in meetings throughout the day as Hubstaff will report those times as inactive.

Pluspunten

Hubstaff's desktop app is very user friendly and makes switching between projects easy. Admins can add or remove projects from user's list easily. The app does take screenshots of the user's screen which can be useful in certain cases. User's can be added to another user's "team" so that managers can view team member times and activities in a daily email summary or by logging into the online account without being a Hubstaff admin.

Minpunten

Hubstaff uses a lot of computer memory, especially the screenshot feature. Several users have reported the performance of their computer is affected. There is a mobile app but I have found it only works intermittently, most times I receive an error saying the feature is not available.

Shlomi
Shlomi
  • Sector: Computer- en netwerkbeveiliging

Excellent Product

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2024

In the rare instances where I've needed assistance, HubStaff's customer support has been responsive and helpful. Their team is dedicated to resolving issues promptly, ensuring that I can get back to work without any disruptions.

Pluspunten

As a manager of a companymanaging multiple projects and clients, the HubStaff time tracking software has proven to be an absolute game-changer for my business. Its seamless integration, user-friendly interface, and robust features have made tracking time for billing purposes a breeze, while its detailed reports have empowered me to make more informed business decisions

Minpunten

As a devoted user of HubStaff, I've found the platform to be an invaluable asset in streamlining my time tracking and billing processes. However, I believe there's a significant opportunity for improvement by incorporating features that align with Israeli finance laws.

Israel has unique regulatory requirements, and integrating these into HubStaff would undoubtedly elevate the platform's appeal for users in this region.

Good time tracking software

Beoordeeld op 5-7-2022

Pluspunten

Good features. Highly recommend to business owners who want to boost their employees' productivity.

Minpunten

Some privacy concerns as a user. Since it screen caps your screen from time to time

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your kind words! I'm so pleased to hear you highly recommend Hubstaff to boost employees' productivity. We are always striving to be the best in this space, and the best for our customers... So to hear that you're happy with what we have to offer - Well, you just made our day!

Regarding your concern about screenshots, I would like to let you know that you can enable your system's notification settings to know if screenshots are being taken.

When the screenshot notification setting is enabled on the desktop application, a pop-up will show every time it captures your screen, depending on your app's preferences setting. You can read more about it in our support article here: https://support.hubstaff.com/how-do-i-know-if-screenshots-are-being-taken/

If you still have concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected] and we'll be happy to assist you!

Hope this helps! Have a lovely day!

Jason
Jason

Love me some Hubstaff

Beoordeeld op 20-7-2020

Pluspunten

It has revolutioned the way that we manage our employees. It's amazing to be able to see granularly what they are doing so we can manage them more effectively and have them use their time more productively.

Employees waste time, let's face it with Facebook, cell phones, lots of other stuff is distracting them and wasting you the owner ofyour companies time, give them an inch, they will take a mile. Let's keep honest people honest and let them know from the beginning, if they are here to work, they are here to work and not to waste any time!

Minpunten

None really, I love it. It has met and exceeded all of my expectations.

Time Doctor

Perceived ease of use

Antwoord van Hubstaff

Hi Jason, we appreciate this! Thanks and stay well.

Patricia
  • Sector: Automotive

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Hubstaff is a great payroll tool for small businesses and beyond

Beoordeeld op 15-2-2022

Best one we have used so far

Best one we have used so far

Pluspunten

The software does a great job of integrating users in tasks to be completed as well as tracking their time on the computer.

Minpunten

More than once the system has not allowed users to clock in their time and it has to be manually input by management. Also the time tracking cannot be customized to your payout schedule.

Hello Patricia,

Thank you for providing us with this detailed review about our current offerings.

Working on different tasks and allowing time tracking on various devices for those is one of the main aspects of our application, and we are always looking at ways to improve our offering, in that regard. We are happy to hear that you are happy with what we currently provide.

Regarding the issues that you've had in the past, in terms of team members being unable to clock in time, there could be a number of different reasons for that to be the case.

The best thing to do, when this situation arises, is to get in touch with our support team - either via live chat through the www.hubstaff.com website, or via email on [email protected], in order for us to troubleshoot the issue for you and ensure that it doesn't happen again.

Our live chat team is available for support 24 hours a day, over the weekdays, and response to emails typically takes less than a business day.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

It does the Job, and does not interrupt

Beoordeeld op 21-6-2021

It's great, just the right tool for the job, and I barely feel that I'm being monitored, it takes your mind of that and just gives you enough space to focus on your work.

Pluspunten

* It's a great productivity tool to have for a company who want's to manage their employee activity tracking with ease.
* Easy to setup specifically in the employee's side.
* Does not require much resource, you'll barely feel it running on the background even though it takes screenshot of your desktop by the minute, so you'll never get interrupted by it.
* Accurate activity & time tracking
* Smart features, like when an employee is inactive for a certain amount of time, it will pop-up a prompt informing the employee that he/she is already inactive, when you get disconnected from the internet it will still resume time tracking, but the activity tracking will halt and it will sync back once your connected again.

* Frequent updates, which in turn addresses any existing bug in the software.
* Cross platform

Minpunten

* An occasional automatic-stop-time issue, it rarely happens, but when it does, it's a huge hassle.
* Automatic logging out issues, these are knit-picked issues really, and future users might not experience this anymore due to frequent updates done by the hubstaff dev team.

used it daily for 13 months for my remote job

Beoordeeld op 25-11-2022

Pluspunten

i managed to work remotely with this app and my manager introduced this software for me and showed me how its amazing tracking for time and some screenshots being taken to assure to the boss that work is in progress

Minpunten

i would say alittle bit should include a warning to the employee that he is being tracked by some managers, lucky for me my manager told me the way it goes but you can be tracked with out your consent if you don't know this app and start using it

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review of Hubstaff. We are happy to hear that you have enjoyed your experience on the platform.

Please be advised that Hubstaff aims to provide transparency both for the person(s) tracking time, as well as to their organisation's management, about the information being tracked in displayed on Hubstaff as a result of the tracked time. This is why the same information is available to both parties on Hubstaff, so both are in the clear as to what information has been tracked and is available on Hubstaff.

Additionally, it is the case that the person tracking time has to manually start the time tracker on their computer, or other device, when the time time tracking is to be done, in order to it to happen.

Ahmed
Ahmed
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Now even newbie freelancers can land a gig thanks to Hub spot

Beoordeeld op 11-2-2021

My overall experience has been nothing less than a blessing because I had almost lost hope to work as a freelancer because of the huge competition on platforms like upwork which resulted in no job for the first couple of months but as soon as I joined hubspot it all changed for me.

Pluspunten

What I liked the most about this software is the fact that despite of the ever growing competition in the freelancing industry hub spot is still giving every freelancer a chance to prove their worth

Minpunten

To be honest there’s literally nothing I dislike about this software but I would say that it could be even more better if they gave freelancers an option to attach their certificates and portfolio.

Hi Ahmed!
Thanks for your feedback and your kind words!
We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the platform!
If you have any questions feel free to shoot me an email at [email protected]

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Hubstaff allows you to go from reactive to proactive management

Beoordeeld op 26-3-2019

Overall I've been quite happy with it and have yet to find a tool that is as useful for time tracking.

Pluspunten

Most time tracking software doesn't give you the depth of data that Hubstaff does. They justify this by saying that "if you can trust your staff, no monitoring is necessary". The reality is that remote teams have a hard time staying on top of who is working on what and who needs help. PM tools only go so far, but seeing where staff are struggling in real time allows us to be pro-active about priorities and getting everyone the information they need to get the job done without having to wait for them to ask.

Minpunten

There are some minor issues, like no currency conversion on staff pay rates. This negates the value of a lot of the reports when running an international team. I often wish the integrations with PM and accounting tools went a bit further so that time data could be pushed to those to get reports outside of Hubstaff.