WooCommerce

Greice
  • Sector: Detailhandel

Light, stable and affordable

Beoordeeld op 15-4-2021

My experience with wordpress could not be better, it is light and can be easily run on cheaper hosting.

Pluspunten

The best quality of wordpress in front of its opponents is really the huge community that makes us find plugins for practically everything we want to do, and even when we don't find it we can find someone who is willing to do it for an affordable price.

Minpunten

Plugins are constantly developing and can sometimes create some incompatibilities, which is normal, but the speed with which these problems are corrected is another strength of wordpress since all systems are subject to problems but quick solutions I find with wordpress.

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

Magento was very heavy and required too much hosting.

Adobe Commerce

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

The number of plugins is much greater and so is the user community.
Tim
  • Sector: Internet

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

The most flexible ecommerce platform around

Beoordeeld op 30-10-2023

I'm a big fan of WooCommerce and use it for a number of client ecommerce stores.

Pluspunten

WooCommerce is open source and built on top of Wordpress, so it is the easiest and most cost-effective way to add ecommerce to a Wordpress website. It is also incredibly flexible, with a huge number of plugins and code snippets that can extend and alter its fuctionality.

Minpunten

The user interface is a little dated compared to the likes of Shopify. It is still pretty simple to use, but it's interface does not feel as modern or look as clean as Shopify's platform.

BigCommerce en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

WooCommerce is more flexible than any alternative and can often be a more cost-effective solution compared to the hosted platforms like Shopify, where sometimes you need "apps" for relatively simple features.
Kristi
  • Sector: Detailhandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Good— if you need to do subscriptions

Beoordeeld op 27-11-2023

Good. Could be better. Good end user experience usually, but buggy as heck.

Good. Could be better. Good end user experience usually, but buggy as heck.

Pluspunten

Integrations are great and the ability to do subscriptions was critical.

Minpunten

It wasn’t easy to set up. I ended up having to hire a consultant to assist me in getting everything set up, working and functional. Feel like I’m trouble shooting and having small bugs all the time. Plug ins often won’t auto update.

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

We needed to be able to do subscriptions!

GoDaddy Website Builder
Cynthia
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

Elevating E-Commerce Excellence with Seamless Integration

Beoordeeld op 7-1-2024

Our operations have become more efficient and error-free thanks to WooCommerce's user-friendly inventory management and order tracking features.

Pluspunten

The platform offers real-time insights into stock levels through its user-friendly inventory management features. Because of WooCommerce's versatility, we can sell a wide variety of goods to meet our different business needs, from tangible goods to digital downloads.

Minpunten

The visibility of our online store could be further improved by the platform's more powerful SEO features.

Brent
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Turn your Wordpress sites into stores with WooCommerce!

Beoordeeld op 28-9-2023

I used WooCommerce to set up my second e-commerce store. (https://www.fawnandmoose.com) The first one was done using Shopify which took a similar amount of time but was very frustrating. Woo worked great. A few days later, our website became a fully functioning store! We've since added a store to Instagram and Facebook connected to our site.

Pluspunten

The tutorials and support make setting up your e-commerce store relatively easy. But don't just SKIP over the details. Take time. Read carefully and follow the steps exactly.

Minpunten

It can be complicated due to all that it does. You need to read instructions carefully and follow the steps exactly to avoid getting lost.

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

I had tried a dropship store with Shopify previosuly and found the interface a hassle. Shopify also employs its own unique code which is different than HTML/CSS. I chose WooCommerce because its made by bthe same company that makes WordPress and so I thought it'd be a more seamless experience and less likely to have incompatabilities.
David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Woocommerce gets the job done, cheap! (unless you need a lot of addons)

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2023

We've used woocommerce for years to manage our inventory and sell our goods, merch, and services. It's been very helpful, particularly for anything we need to ship.

Pluspunten

Woocommerce is enterprise grade software that is free/cheap. You can get started for free and buy the official addons for a relatively low price if you need them.

If you have a developer like we do, you can extend the functionality for no extra cost. It gets the job done nicely.

Minpunten

Could have more out-of-the-box functionality.

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

Cheaper and more extensible. Offered us more control.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Inexpensive alternative to Shopify if you want a store + content

Beoordeeld op 22-6-2023

Very positive as it allowed us to launch our store in less than a day.

Very positive as it allowed us to launch our store in less than a day.

Pluspunten

Our clients store was built around SEO and creating high quality reviews / blogs was an important requirement. Therefore, WooCommerce was a great alternative to Shopify due to the blogging management being much simpler on WooCommerce, and knowing Woocommerce is based on wordpress it was a no brainer. Combined, with the ability to customize it with plugins made it the best solution for us.

Minpunten

Learning curve is a little steep. Additionally, if you want a custom theme it might take some time to set up the store to your exact requirements.

PrestaShop, BigCommerce en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

Simple to get started and easy to manage when up and running.
Rick

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

If you're thinking of an e-commerce solution think WooCommerce

Beoordeeld op 2-10-2023

The overall experience I get is the speed of checkout, the ease of use and the stability of the software.

Pluspunten

There are many important features but the most important is the easy to setup the software and easy to understand the directions.

Minpunten

Really don't have any dislikes about the software.

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

Integrated with my existing website without having to pay another subscription cost.
Harry
Harry
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Good product but more free features needed

Beoordeeld op 18-1-2024

It's done the job but hopefully a better competitor arrives on the scene which will include more features for a fraction of the price (price includes for features not included for free).

Pluspunten

The integration with Wordpress which is what we use for CMS. It's quite simple once setup, and allows a smooth customer journey from entering the store to purchasing.

Minpunten

The issues from updates; always have to backup (good procedure anyway) as well as the security bloatware required in order to setup/use WooCommerce.

• Sector: Kantoorbenodigdheden
  • Maandelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

A cheaper option but with too much stress

Beoordeeld op 26-11-2023

Pluspunten

What I like most about Woocommerce is that it is easy on the pocket. I can start an ecommerce project with little to no money and Woocommerce will help me take off on the right foot.

Minpunten

The thing I like least about woocommerce is the data security and intergration with other tools. Too many bugs that make it a not-very-goo-option for the less tech savvy.

Adam
Adam
  • Sector: Groothandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

The formula of success and ease of use.

Beoordeeld op 24-10-2020

Back in the day, I was always attracted by that GURUS online promoting other platforms (Never knew that they were affiliates). I used other platforms for 1 month and it was really expansive, all the plugins are extremely expansive or they charge a commission/ Sale. Then I discover WOOCOMMERCE easier, more control over the hosting and servers unlike Shopify (They can shut you down anytime they want without giving an ounce of explanations), and more artistic designing the websites
From my point of view, WooCommerce can be described as Legit, Genuine, Beautiful, Educational never had any trouble ever since I started building websites it was always a +++ Income
IT'S 5 STARS

Pluspunten

WooCommerce it's beyond simple, I've personally been using this software for years (I even lost count) it has unlimited features:
-Connected to WordPress
-No more struggling for creating an eCommerce website, Online Courses, B2B platform, or more.
-It's simple just a drag & drop system no need for expertise or development skills.
-Best Worldwide Ecom platform and money saver, unlike others.
-Have more control over the servers and hosting
-The WooCommerce Community is everywhere around social media platforms and never struggle to complete a task.
- It's FREE TO USE and NO COMMISSION
-Multiple Plugins FREE

Minpunten

With Lack Of CMS, it might be a little hard to use, but after designing a couple of websites, then everything comes to a conclusion.

Abby
Abby
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best e-commerce option by mixed feelings

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2021

I use WooCommerce daily for multiple clients' websites. My clients are happy with their e-commerce functionality and I rarely encounter issues from the webmaster side of things. You have the option to customize it to the extreme, or if your selling needs are basic, you can setup an e-commerce site quickly and very easily.

Pluspunten

First, it's free. That's not entirely true though because anything additional you want to add will likely cost money; most add-ons are $79. Still even if you get two add-ons, $160 a year is a drop in the bucket compared to most other e-commerce.
The MAIN reason I use and recommend Woo is it's compatibility. Because it's so widely used, it can integrate with anything and everything. Every bank has a payment gateway that connects to WooCommerce (via plugin - sometimes free, sometimes $79).
It's relatively user-friendly. When you get into the settings though, there are tabs across the top, but then there are little tiny links within the tabs sometimes that aren't easily spotted.

Minpunten

Sometimes it feels like a monopoly - like you use WooCommerce or Shopify and the later of the two is dreadful.
The WordPress community is incredibly helpful, but you have to know where to go to ask for help.

Squarespace

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

The ability to customize WooCommerce is so much greater than any of the DIY site builders. You can control variations like size, color, case size. You can manage inventory. You can accept payment through any bank's gateway or any of the main credit card processors. You can control and customize the emails that clients get.
Will
  • Sector: E-learning

WooCommerce for Downloadable Products and Subscriptions

Beoordeeld op 22-12-2021

WooCommerce is an excellent solution for E-Commerce and can do anything you want it to. That can get overwhelming at times, as there as sooo many options to dig through. But, on the plus side, you can find an add-on or find a plug-in that will solve any issue you have.

Pluspunten

I moved to WooCommerce (from a combination of other plug-ins) because I wanted one platform that I could sell downloads ala carte, and sell subscriptions. I previously used multiple different platforms and solutions to make managing downloads and subscriptions happen, and Woo allows me to manage all products and offerings I have in one place.

Minpunten

Moving subscriptions from an existing plug-in with active subscriptions through Stripe to WooCommerce was a big process. I did a lot of research and reached out to various developers and was looking at a $4,000 plus custom development support solution to make the transition happen. I did enough research and testing that I was able to make the transition happen over a weekend, without any additional support. In addition to the struggle of transitioning subscriptions, I learned that WooCommerce doesn't use Stripe's "subscription" feature but instead creates a new charge each month, until the customer cancels. So metrics are very difficult.

Podia, Thinkific en Shopify

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

I still LOVE both RCP and EDD and they are very easy, powerful solutions. But, I kept finding myself trying to string together solutions to manage both a ala carte download store and subscription management.

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

I needed something that would allow me to manage courses and downloads, as well as offering subscriptions. I also needed something that could accept subscriptions via Stripe so that I could transfer existing Stripe subscriptions to the new platform. WooCommerce allowed for that.
Eero
  • Sector: Consumentenelektronica
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Great e-commerce tool --- unfortunately it is on Wordpress

Beoordeeld op 18-5-2022

I have several Woocommerce stores and deal with many others that are owned and run by other people. I have good experiences with it, it is a high-quality product and even if it is not perfect, it is light-years ahead of many competitors.

Pluspunten

It is free but still offers all necessary functionalities to start and run an online store. It is easy to use and there are a lot of extra functionalities available, some paid, some free.

Minpunten

The biggest dislike I have is that it runs on WordPress. It is very unfortunate, but we must live with it. Another dislike is that some of the 3rd party functionalities are very expensive compared to what they offer. The pricing is the same for a tiny new store and a well-established big online giant. I would rather see some other kind of pricing models for some of the plugins, but...

Wix, Squarespace en Shopify

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

i still have J2Store-based stores too, but that software is not developing fast enough, unfortunately. Maybe new version comes soon. Magento is a relic, and I will try to stay away from it after few mistakes in the past.

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

Shopify has a lot of hype around it, but when you start using it you will find out its shortcomings - which there are many. For example, try creating discount campaigns while offering individual coupons and see how well that goes. They have promised to fix the basics for years, but I lost hope waiting. Wix and Squarespace might be easy options for non-techies, but have serious limitations if you want to do more customized stores. Plus, with all of these three software, you are married to their service and servers, and there is no way out. Woocommerce store is built and you can move it somewhere else if you want, you can close it for a year and open it again if you want. It is yours. Wix, Squarespace and Shopify stores are not.

Still the #1 eCommerce solution for an established WordPress Website

Beoordeeld op 18-10-2022

Generally speaking it is a breeze to work with - both as e-Commerce site developer/builder, Site *owner* and also on the front-end as End Consumer too. It does _not_ offer the slickest Checkout solution on the market (that plaudit goes to Shopify, sorry folks...) - but for the overall package and native WordPress compatibility, it remains by go-to eCommerce solution.

Pluspunten

Being a native WordPress product and service these days (whilst still operating until the preserved Woo... branding), WooCommerce is without doubt the go-to e-Commerce solution for any WordPress website (one obviously downside (if you can call it that..) being that of course WooCommerce is ONLY available for consideration for WordPress Website owners. Easy to use product inventory management and order processing, there are also a number of free (and paid-for) extensions available to consider bolting-on too.

Minpunten

At some point in time it became necessary to have an active WooCommere.com account in order to acquire and then update selected extensions. Free, so in theory not a hurdle. However... the tie-up with / ownership by WordPress can sometimes lead to a frustrating tangle - where you are not entirely sure WHICH account you are logged-in to - or indeed whether or not you are able to acquire and/or update some of those official extensions. Very frustrating.. having such an account should be OPTIONAL (but I don't believe it is....).

Squarespace en Shopify

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

Direct compatibility with WordPress as a platform.
Lola
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Build a free online store

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2022

Pluspunten

WooCommerce is the open source (aka FREE) e-commerce plugin made for Wordpress. If you don't want to pay a monthly fee to run your online store, building a free Wordpress website with WooCommerce is the way to go. Most free Wordpress themes come with WooCommerce functionality these days. And you can always add more relevant plugins to enhance your WooCommerce features. One big advantage is that you can download - and therefore own - your entire Wordpress website, which you can't do with a website builder (e.g. Squarespace, Shopify, Wix, etc.).

Minpunten

Putting together a WooCommerce-enabled Wordpress website is more technical than simply signing up to a website builder such as Shopify or Squarespace. If you're hosting the Wordpress site on your own server, you'll need to purchase an SSL certificate to make your website secure for online payments too.

Wix, Squarespace en Shopify

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

I started a new project on a shoestring budget, so opted to build a free Wordpress site with WooCommerce.

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

WooCommerce is free, whereas the other website platforms charge a monthly fee.
  • Sector: Luchtvaart(maatschappijen)

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Maybe this is the best friend of those who are busy with shopin!

Beoordeeld op 2-2-2023

It helps me to sell my products. Fill my store with Dropshiping plugins and publish my products on a beautiful looking and very funky site!

Pluspunten

The use of the application is better in every form, whether the user interface is very easy to use. You can make this store even better with many add-ons to a variety of products. The application supports the installation of payment systems in all countries and more. plugins work in harmony with SEO plugins. Plugins are also available for you to receive payments with crypto currency. In short, this is the best and most useful application you need. Other than that, it is a lie. is a plugin.

Minpunten

Its bad sides are the problem that it is not supported in many countries, woo. Another problem is that it needs other plugins for correct SEO.

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

Because many features are not free to access and most of its accessories are free.

Shop-Ware en Shopify
Mohammad
  • Sector: Computersoftware
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

WooCommerce is one of the best tools to run your website if you are a market=place or running...

Beoordeeld op 13-2-2023

I did not hesitate for a second to use it in my website as it is a guide to how things should work. It answers all the questions and leads your website to success.

Pluspunten

You feel it is well designed to fit the purpose. All the features that are incorporated with WooCommerce gives you the chance not to lose any part of the process until the point of payment. This is all in coordination with choosing the best paying methodology.

Minpunten

I can't see anything that WooCommerce is suffering from. Its perfect. While so; sometimes there are only in instances issues with payment processes as errors takes place yet not much.

BigCommerce

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

Shopify plus has limitations in payments and shipping gateways where WooCommerce has a complete success in this part.

Shopify Plus

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

Everywhere I went to; people recommended that I choose WooCommerce as they tried it and it is simply great.
  • Sector: E-learning

Decent Product

Beoordeeld op 22-2-2023

My overall experience on a scale of 1-10 I’d say is 7. It can be used for a small business that doesn’t deal with hefty transactions daily

Pluspunten

So I used woocomerce to receive payments for an e-learning platform that I created on wordpress. It integrates very easy with wordpress and has a decent interface on the back end. It has a mobile app that allows you view your orders and in a way categorize them and a few reminder notes to each order. It allows you integrate various payment gateways like stripe and paypal and plenty more via use or account authentication or through the use of api access keys. Its a decent app that performs its job effectively at the back end

Minpunten

I have to say my main con is the load time it takes when charging a card and another downside is the frequent updates you have to keep up with on wordpress in other for it to keep functioning as it should. The mobile app is also a bit limited in functionality but then its nice when you get an order and get notified via the app notification. It also crashes when a lot of users try to purchase all at the same time.

PayPal en Stripe

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

I made the switch cause of the constant crashing when a large number of people tried to pay at the same time

authorize.net, PayPal en Stripe

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

I choose woocomerce because its easier to integrate with wordpress and it allows me the access to more than just one payment gateway at a time and also allows me set a custom payment method for people who don’t have the current active payment methods
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

WooCommerce is a must have for any small business

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2022

Very easy to setup and continues to be an essential part of our website

Very easy to setup and continues to be an essential part of our website

Pluspunten

Very easy to setup and navigate. WooCommerce allows for integration to Quickbooks, which saves a boatload of time and cuts down on potential errors.

Minpunten

I don't currently have any "cons" for WooCommerce. I have not experienced any issues. Very satisfied!

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Redenen om voor WooCommerce te kiezen

WooCommerce easily integrated with Quickbooks, before this we had to manually enter everything into our old accounting software (Abila MIP)

ProClass

Redenen om over te stappen op WooCommerce

Much cheaper and a better fit for our needs
Danish

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

WooCommerce look a bit old but works very well.

Beoordeeld op 4-6-2020

WooCommerce just helps me to create every type of feature-rich conversation-focused eCommerce website that can expensive when creating it without available options like Shopify. Although using WordPress requires some basic level of tech knowledge and to be a nice googler because you have to Google a lot of stuff to find the perfect solution and because of Free support it can take a few days of WooCommerce Officials to help you out. But I never needed their support because Google already had every solution I was looking for.

Pluspunten

Many businesses offer easy integration with WooCommerce, It is very easy to understand and use with all the tutorials and documentation, even a beginner can configure it. Being so much customizable is what I like the most in WooCommerce, You can use either Free or Paid plugins from the WordPress Repository and integrate with WooCommerce to meet any of your needs, Whether it is marketing, optimization, sale or design changes. You can almost make any type of eCommerce website with WooCommerce using the available plugins and have the best conversion rate with optimized checkout with different Plugins

Minpunten

Its design looks a bit out-dated. We have to use different plugins to extend the functionality that some of them also use server resources. Its own dashboard is very very out-dated, It's very bad but fortunately, we can now use WooCommerce Admin but it still needs to improve as much as Shopify. Some of WooCommerce scripts take a lot of time loading of the front-end. For which there is no option to optimize either disable of the front pages where it is not needed. WooCommerce must update their Front-End and Back-End to look more modern and simple because people just hate the old one. Official Support can tke a long time to reach you if you're stuck at some point.

Angad
  • Sector: Online media

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

It's Actually Very Good

Beoordeeld op 21-8-2022

Pluspunten

What I appreciate about Woocommerce is how simple it is to set up; with just a few clicks, it can be used as an online sales platform without the need for sponsors or other third parties, whose organizational structures prevent you from choosing the products you want to offer. With Wooocommerce, anything is possible: you can increase your client base, collect sales as you like using various currencies and payment methods, select your shipment method, and the consumer even has the option of handling the shipping themselves if he so chooses.

Minpunten

There comes a time when the plugin needs a lot of dedication, which entails hours of work based on the maintenance of the plugin and the compatible and dedicated plugins for Woocommerce. For this, you need IT knowledge based on application development, PHP code implementation, and web hosting management, which generally requires a fair amount of knowledge to understand or work with someone.

Wix, BigCommerce en Shopify

Goma
  • Sector: Management non-profit organisaties

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Solid Software but lots of limitations

Beoordeeld op 15-5-2023

Pluspunten

I Really love its built-in SEO features and marketing tools that contribute to improving search engine visibility and driving customer engagement. The vast extension ecosystem enhances functionality, enabling me to integrate advanced features and plugins to meet my business needs. The shopping cart and checkout process are smooth, providing customers with a hassle-free purchasing experience.

Minpunten

WooCommerce has several limitations to consider. It has a steep learning curve for beginners and may require coding knowledge or professional help for advanced customization. The plugin's extensive features can sometimes slow down site performance if not optimized properly. Additionally, while the basic version is free, additional costs may arise when purchasing certain extensions and plugins, affecting the overall budget for running an online store.

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Best eCommerce for WordPress hands-down, but prepare to pay for most customizations

Beoordeeld op 16-9-2018

Pluspunten

When it comes to choosing the right eCommerce platform for WordPress, it's the most rock-solid, safest choice for any long term use based on my experience from over a dozen store launches.

- The plugin is frequently updated, compatible and tightly integrated with WordPress (as WooCommerce was purchased by WordPress' parent company in 2015)
- The core WooCommerce plugin is freely available to install, which would work for many small, generic storefronts.
- Offers the largest selection of third-party plugins/extensions available for WordPress ecommerce.
- Wide out-of-the-box support with popular third-party WordPress themes.
- Relatively easy and fast to set up, with good documentation; offers a few free starter themes via the WooCommerce store.
- If you're willing to pay, WooCommerce can do just about anything and integrates with almost anything.
- The WooCommerce core plugin is built mostly barebones (using extensions to add functionality), which brings better speed and less bugs.
- Good customer service support and detailed documentation for their paid WooCommerce add-on extensions.
- Offers very powerful Zapier support (requires a paid add-on).

I've never had any point where I've considered using another online store platform with WordPress, or even one of the many non-WordPress hosted ecommerce website subscription solutions.

Minpunten

- WooCommerce extensions are surprisingly expensive and also subscription-based, requiring an annual fee. Inexpensive third-party alternatives exist, but there is risk involved.
- Building an extended "platform" such as a membership site / offering subscriptions (for example) can require multiple paid WooCommerce add-ons that rack up hundreds of dollars in annual fees.
- WooCommerce mobile app tools do exist, but do not offer much functionality beyond sales reports.
- Highly customized WordPress stores using a lot of plugins are at an increased risk to see major conflicts and performance degradation, and troubleshooting can be difficult.

• Sector: Verzekeringen
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

WooCommerce is robust but can be a bit daunting to setup or use for complex situations

Beoordeeld op 8-8-2019

I like WooCommerce because I use it a lot and it works well with my own Web Development I do but sometimes it's just quicker and easier to tell a client to use something else in some cases.

Pluspunten

WooCommerce does a great job at a variety of different things right out of the free (mostly) box. Want to open a shop for your comic book collection? Done. Want to sell tickets to an event? Done. Want to just keep a log of event attendees and "sell" a free ticket? Done. Just about anything you could need to do is fairly simple with WooCommerce once it is setup.

Minpunten

Setup and configuration can sometimes be a bit daunting especially for those that are not well off on knowledge of WordPress. If you want to do certain more complex things with WooCommerce you can sometimes run into issues either being able to do them at all, being able to do them exactly the way you want, or finding a plugin that operates the way you need. Then, even when you do find a plugin, you have to then keep yet another plugin up to date as well as possibly pay for said plugin too. It can add up quick if you start to get a little more advanced with WooCommerce.