7shifts

4,7 (1.104)
Planning, communicatie en betrokkenheid voor restaurants

(1.104)

heather
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

7shifts, not just for scheduling

Beoordeeld op 28-3-2019

I have found that using 7shifts significantly decreases the number of errors surrounding scheduling and requested time off which is priceless in a labor market like this. furthermore, the time and energy spent on writing the schedule is much lower than when we used a homemade spreadsheet.

Pluspunten

7shifts makes scheduling easy with a copy to next week feature that allows scheduler to mimic previous weeks schedules.

the repeating schedule feature makes scheduling kinder - allowing staff to set a weekly schedule of availability.

the chat and announcements feature lets communication flow without messier emails and texts.

the app-based time off submissions really simplify and streamline a formerly archaic system that was easy to screw up with paper notes, emails, calendars, notebooks.

the shift pool empowers staff to make last minute changes to their schedules or pick up extra work.

Minpunten

there's a lot of neat features that you have to pay extra for like an events calendar and labor to sales based scheduling.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Amazing! Thanks so much for the review Heather. We are happy to hear that 7shifts is proving beneficial to your team at State Park, especially in a tight labor market. Please do not hesitate to reach out if there is ever anything we can do to help support you or your team.

Ashley
  • Sector: Supermarkten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

7Shifts Needs Ways to Search for Message Posts that Have Happened in the Past

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

The scheduling feature, though I do not make the work schedule, seems to work well.

Pluspunten

The way the schedule is laid out on the dashboard is nice and easy to see and understand.

Minpunten

I need a way to know employee phone numbers when they are not scheduled. On the iPad app, I currently hover over their name (when they are scheduled) and their phone number appears. My coworker is somehow able to see all employee phone numbers regardless of when the person is scheduled, but we could not get access to that on another device. This brings me to another issue: the ability to use all of the features pan-device. It seems like some employees can get some information on some devices, but we cannot find/use every feature on every device, app or website. In the communication/messaging area, we need to be able to bold, underline, and italicize, just like in an email. We need to be able to search for messages, just like in emails.This software is very slow on every device I have used, and in multiple internet connectivity areas. Sometimes a customer is asking for a particular employee. Rather than physically walking around and searching our 4500 sq ft store and office space that's in a separate area, it would be nice to be able to check 7Shifts to see if that person is even working—alas, I can usually walk the entire floor and check three separate office spaces BEFORE the 7shifts Dashboard loads.

Amy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Easy to Use could use some work on integration

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

Good service for the money!

Pluspunten

The at your hands mobile app is the best!

Minpunten

The integration with toastDoesn't always recognize new employees, swaps, etc

Chelsea

Much aloha for 7shifts!

Beoordeeld op 14-12-2022

I have been very satisfied with the customer service. In Hawaii sometimes its difficult to get answers because of our time difference. But even if I miss customer service, they always get back to me in a very timely manner and I am super grateful!

Pluspunten

I manage a restaurant that uses Toast as our POS system. The integration was easy and I love the real time information shared between both platforms. The scheduling portion of 7shifts is my favorite and the mobile access. Business needs change on a dime in food and beverage and I need all my staff members to be on the same page at all times. The messaging feature is also very crucial, we live on an island and recently Mauna Loa volcano erupted. Some of our team members live on the other side of the island. We wanted to get work out quickly and efficiently to share information and to go over safety protocols and possible plans. 7shifts allowed for us to reach all of our employees in a timely manner.

Minpunten

One thing I would ask 7shifts to consider is allowing for a business to customize "flags" for the schedule. For example, if I call someone off of work I would rather leave their original schedule posted for the record and indicate that I called them off.

Tricia

Best Bang for Your Buckl

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

I don't know that we could function properly & in our budget without a scheduling program. We previously used Hot Schedules. It was complicated for everyone & had a lot of extra junk no one really used or needed. We moved to 7shifts & it was a breath of fresh air!!! So much easier to use, the reports it provides are fantastic & it has built in tools that guide the scheduler to meeting their labor costs. Labor is undeniably our largest expense. It is also our most important so having 7shifts help us manage that is priceless. By the way, it is NOT expensive!!

Pluspunten

I find it to be very user friendly for our GM's that build their schedules. I also appreciate the fact that it puts our staff in charge of their schedules. If they play by the rules of 7shifts, they can really make their schedules work for them.

Minpunten

Customer service; chatting is not efficient & even if the tech is the one that isn't responding, you still get kicked out when the time is up.

Ciara

7shifts, great for more than just scheduling

Pluspunten

It’s convenient the the mobile app works well to do most scheduling updates and adding of employees. The messaging also works well for getting in touch with team members and the facts that contact information is readily available to our teams to connect.

Minpunten

Sometimes there are issues where employees do not have update notifications enabled and they miss updates. You also can’t reactivate terminated employees from the mobile app. You don’t get a good view of hourly shift coverage in the mobile app like you do from accessing online in the browser.

Josh
  • Sector: Sport

Easy to navigate

Pluspunten

The scheduling feature is by far my favorite. When you're having to create schedules for multiple properties it's huge to have everything in one place, on one program. I don't know what I would do if I didn't have 7shifts.

Minpunten

My biggest issue would have to do with team members forgetting to punch in and out, then having to manually go in and adjust their timesheet. It's a con but there's nothing that can really be done to fix this that I know of since its more human error than anything.

Jan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

An old dog learned a new trick!

Beoordeeld op 20-12-2022

I am so happy with this program, and would recommend it to anyone.

Pluspunten

After almost 30 years of using the same system I dragged my feet going into the digital age for scheduling. After about 5-6 hours in I was definitely sold! I love that my request calendar and schedule are connected, eliminating the old multi tiered way of doing it with texts, messengers, google chats, emails, and in person requests all being transferred to a google calendar and then eventually to an excel document, leaving so much room for error!

Minpunten

I would like to be able to import a planning calendar as we schedule based on the number of visitors expected based on past years averages.I would love it if I could copy and paste in the templates (ctrl,shift, drag) like in the schedules tabI would like to be able to export things into an excell document as we have a daily shared spreadsheet that has specific details of the day hour by hour.I would like for there to be an option to check for Open like there is for CL and BD.

Redenen om over te stappen op 7shifts

Recommendation by a partner in our industry
Dan
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

7shifts is Amazing!

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

We began using 7shifts many years 5 years (or more) ago and it was one of the best decisions we have ever made to alleviate our scheduling issues.

Pluspunten

I love the fact that this product allows staff to have more control of their world, utilizing the Availability and Shift Pool features

Minpunten

I have not found anything that I don't like about this software at this point.

When I Work

Price and excellent User-Interface
Angie
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Owner

Beoordeeld op 13-12-2022

7Shifts has been very good to work with. They are very responsive and are very interested in receiving feedback. We have had multiple discussions with them on new features or proposed features.

Pluspunten

Employees loved the tool from the first day. Our prior tool was not as good at the communication piece. The interface just makes it fun to use. The support team is very responsive to chat. I have rarely had to talk to someone directly but that is available when I have needed it as well.

Minpunten

Communication: would like to have a way to search the content of messages or announcements as well as the ability to go back and download them. We use our POS for time keeping - and there is a delay getting that information to 7Shifts if someone incorrectly punched out. As a result, it is not used for payroll purposes, we pull data from the source. A variance report that shows when someone is scheduled to work and when the actually clocked in/out would be appreciated. It does report on variances by total hours but does not give it by actual schedule for that day.

Mahmud

All in one

Beoordeeld op 12-1-2021

Great customer service, easy to use

Pluspunten

We have been using 7Shifts little over 2 years now and it has been a great experience.

User interface is very simple. It an app that apple would have build. Very basic but yet very powerful. If you are getting this app i highly recommend getting all packages. End of the day it saves you money and head ache. Advil pain killer is expensive and good for your body

I dont have any dislike so far in 2 years

Buddy Punch en ScheduleFlex

Redenen om voor 7shifts te kiezen

Hard to use, bad customer service, behind todays technology

Overgestapt van

Redenen om over te stappen op 7shifts

Easy of use, lots of capabilities, communication with team members very easily, free text message automatically daily reminders to employees for their upcoming shift

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks so much for the review Mahmud! We love working with your team at MezzeMe and can't wait for our next visit. It makes our day to hear that your team gets tremendous value out of 7shifts for your restaurants.

Chris

Stacked and Folded Social House Review of 7Shifts

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2021

Overall it is a solid product, very happy with it!! I feel it blows Hot Schedules out of the water!!

Pluspunten

Ease of use, lay out, certain reports. Ease for staff to communicate and input their availability and time off requests. It is user friendly on the front end.

Minpunten

Better labor forecasting, actual v forecasted, Day part labor separation ( lunch v dinner) and real-time labor v forecasted v last week ( or last quarter or last year). Being able to break down the sales by day part along with labor would be fantastic. Also the "optimal labor" tool is pretty weak and the graph used is not helpful.
Tip pooling or tip reporting enhancements. I have three cashiers on, having them the program able to split up the group tips by hours worked on that shift.

ADP Workforce Now, When I Work en HotSchedules

Redenen om over te stappen op 7shifts

I liked the way it looked, the ease of learning it and the great support staff when we first started!!! Their patience and understanding was just awesome!!!

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review Chris!

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Best scheduling / timesheet app to date!

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2021

Support has been amazingly helpful and all around compassionate. Makes us happy to feel like we're a part of a community where our concerns are heard.

Pluspunten

Responsiveness. Ease of use. Employees not complaining for once!

Minpunten

With scheduling, we have staff that want to have the same recurring shift week to week. This changes often so having a template for a time period versus just a person is proving difficult. Staff keep saying "but I thought that was my shift every week?" What's happening is, they offered their shift to someone else so when we copy the prior week to a new week, the wrong employee gets assigned the shift. This is getting hard to manage.

Need the ability to print out day schedules the same way weekly ones look. We print our schedules out daily and assign breaks from them plus we leave notes about the day. Currently the only option to print a day view is in list mode and that does not show you visually where holes in scheduling are. We did find a way around it by printing the day view from the manager dashboard but that prints out the website not just the schedule.

We close out pay periods but they are still just sitting there as open, so that's confusing.

I wish we could name our group chats and create multiple versions with the same people. We like having group chats around topics to keep messages separate and easy to reference.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the super detailed review. Please feel free to share this directly with our team at [email protected] so we can work with you to make these suggested improvements!

Christian
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

7Shifts Review

Beoordeeld op 24-9-2020

Overall, 7Shifts has been the best restaurant scheduling software that I've personally used. If I'm being very honest the bar wasn't particularly high, none the less I'm very satisfied. The insight into staff trends such as engagement and enthusiasm is great. As is the forecasting for scheduling.

Pluspunten

Both the UX & UI on 7Shifts are lightyears ahead of any other restaurant scheduling software that I've encountered. That's most critical in having hourly employees engage and use the software.

Minpunten

We had some issues with POS integration. Granted we use Aloha which isn't the greatest, but importance of POS makes that a harder thing to change so I'd like to see the scheduling software be the more nimble and adaptive one.

Announcements and messaging can be clunky to load—especially on mobile.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review Christian! We've happy to hear that 7shifts is the best scheduler you have ever used. We also really appreciate the feedback on your POS integration. I have instructed your Success Manager to reach out to you to see if there is anything that can be done to make this better for you. Cheers!

Ally

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great Value and Customer Service for the price!

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2021

Customer Service has always been great, They have promptly answered questions and even make changes to my account. They also send lots of how to's and what has changed messages and emails, which are very helpful.

Pluspunten

I like the ability to schedule, edit and communicate on the go!

Minpunten

Sometimes there are glitches with the app, such as....a staff member being scheduled once, but appears twice on the schedule for the same day.

Redenen om over te stappen op 7shifts

7-shifts is simple, straight forward and easy for anyone to use.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review Ally! We love hearing that our customer service team has provided you with a terrific experience.

Brandon

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Whole team loves it! Super easy to use

Beoordeeld op 3-12-2020

I'm a super fan! They even sent us a sweet box of swag!
Even before that we fell in love with the software.
The number one thing though is how easy it is to use.

Pluspunten

Incredibly simple to set up and begin using.
Team loves the autonomous features that give them control off requesting shifts and time off.
Management loves how easy it to publish weekly schedules.
My favorite features are the reporting and labor budgeting tools.

Minpunten

I wished I would have deployed it sooner

Redenen om voor 7shifts te kiezen

The old software didn't integrate with our new POS system.

7shifts was the easiest to use and had a more friendly UX,UI

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks so much for the review, Brandon! A lot of time and attention goes into designing 7shifts to give our restaurant clients a great experienceso we're glad you're experiencing that at Acorn Grill! Happy scheduling :)

Quinn
  • Sector: Voedselproductie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Great software! Made scheduling a breeze!

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2021

Vacation and time off requests are much easier to manage with this software, no more nightmares of managing e-mails and paper requests.

Pluspunten

The ease of use for employees and management. Super easy to switch shifts and see vacation requests on the calendar.

Minpunten

I would love to be able for it to remember common shift times for employees, the feature doesn't seem to be accurate.

Homebase

Redenen om over te stappen op 7shifts

The integration with square was the key factor for us.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review Quinn! We love hearing that 7shifts has been beneficial for your restaurant when pared with your Square POS.

Emilee
  • Sector: Entertainment

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

7Shifts saved my company!

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2016

I used to schedule my staff with an excel spreadsheet, screenshot and posted to a Facebook Forum. It was a madhouse trying to deal with shift swaps and reading the staff clockin/out cards to match their shifts. With a growing company this just wasn't gonna cut it anymore. 7shifts popped up in my personal Facebook feed and the rest is Kismet. The software has helped clean up so many of my payroll processes, allows my staff to switch shifts with only others of the same experience level or higher (so I ALWAYS have a manager on shift and not a hoard of brand new employees), helps my managers reach staff more easily, is so easy to understand that I haven't had to train the new staff on it and combined with the 7punches Clock-in/out software- I can relax knowing my staff can't clock in if they aren't on the schedule and my staff can breathe easily with the ability to calculate their paycheck in advance! The staff at 7shifts has always been extremely helpful and always welcoming for suggestions and updates. I can't imagine moving to any other system and am so glad I found it!

Pluspunten

It is easy to understand, set up and the customer service is extraordinary!

Minpunten

I wish there were more manager capabilities in the mobile app, but the app has improved already since it was first launched, so I imagine it will only get better.

Tory
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Lots of Bang for the Buck!

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2017

7Shifts has been a tremendous timesaver! We used to spend so much time transferring requests to our paper scheduling forms. Now we can just work directly in the app. Saves paper too! Our staff is incredibly happy we've made this technological leap. Takes some stress out of their already busy lives by being able to switch shifts online. It has also alleviated the issue of "misreading" their schedule. As managers, we love that we no longer have to hear that excuse. Ha ha! Managing overtime is incredibly easier on 7Shifts. Prior to the app, we relied on floor managers to make judgement calls regarding shift exchanges when senior managers weren't available. Labor considerations didn't get factored into decisions and we would run higher labor numbers. Now that fewer managers are part of the shift exchange decisions, we know that the appropriate factors are being implemented into the decision making. The floor managers appreciate not having the pressure of making a decision that could negatively impact a shift. Posting and editing schedules in real time also alleviates issues. We would have people switch shifts and then forget. Now it goes immediately into their schedule once approved. Confusion alleviated!!! We don't use the auto-fill option but find that manually scheduling is so much more efficient in the app than it was on paper. I also love that you accept requests for features/functions and compile them for consideration. The service has always been wonderfully friendly and fast. The tutorials are really helpful and well done. I can't say enough good things. Thank you for creating such a user friendly app. Makes our busy restaurant lives so much easier!

Great tutorials
Fast and friendly support staff
Efficiency for reviewing labor
Incredibly communication tool between staff and management
Consider suggestions for functions and features and notify you if they become implemented
Fair price for the power of the product

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the great, in-depth review Tory. We're happy to hear that 7shifts is helping alleviate the classic "misreading the schedule" problem for Beaver Street Brewery. Cheers!

Lauren

Great Scheduling Software

Beoordeeld op 1-9-2021

I really like 7shifts, I’ve never used any other scheduling software so I don’t have a comparison other than manual paper scheduling. 7shifts is a million times better than that. I can’t imagine scheduling 50+ people without 7shifts.

Pluspunten

I own a full service, high end, casual dining restaurant. I have usually between 50-65 employees. 7shifts allows me to manage multiple department schedules for the entire restaurant pretty easily. I very much like the feature that allows me to copy and paste the schedule from prior weeks, as well as the ability to create a template and distribute that template amongst everyone’s availability. I like that it puts accountability for requesting time off an updating availability on the employee. This saves me so much time. 7shifts connects with Cake (my POS) and brings sales over so that I can project my labor for the schedule I’m making.

Minpunten

When I start from a template and the software distributes the shifts based on people’s availability seems very random. It would be better if the software was able to take into consideration the employees schedule from last week, keeping it the same as much as possible, and prioritizing shifts to primary roles. When I start from a template I have to do a lot more reorganizing of shifts after the software fills it out for me.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Dang! Thanks for the kind words Lauren, we really appreciate it.

Rachael

7Shifts is easy to use for all staff

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2020

We have been very happy with the overall use of 7shifts and anytime we needed customer service, they were courteous and offered a quick fix. They were very gracious during our Covid closure and offered use of the app free of charge so that we could stay in contact with all our employees. I highly recommend!

Pluspunten

We use 7shifts as the primary tool for communication as well as scheduling. It's easy to set up, add new employees, manage the schedule, shift bids, and time off requests. Employees report that it is one of the most comprehensive and easy to use scheduling apps they've ever used! As the administrator, 7shifts makes scheduling quick and easy which is a huge benefit.

Minpunten

The availability function can be improved. Employees report that it is the only aspect of the app that gives them trouble. Sometimes there is a lag between what the app shows on my phone vs. computer. For instance, shifts that have been edited and published are showing as not published on the app on my phone. Minor issues that cause little to no problems.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review Rachael! We really love the feedback you provided and I have passed it along to our mobile team for review. We want to ensure we make your experience and 11.

Also, we are happy to hear that 7shifts was able to support you in the way you needed it during COVID. We ALWAYS want to support our clients and know this has been a challenging time for any small business. Just know that we've got your back :)

Ann

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

7shifts was a game changer for us!

Beoordeeld op 24-7-2019

We now have 4 restaurants/bars that utilize 7shifts and it's hard to imagine how we ever survived without it! It's streamlined our scheduling procedures and simplified the process of employees requesting off, submitting availability and swapping shifts. 7shifts customer service team is also extremely responsive and receptive any time we encounter an issue or even just want to provide our feedback on a certain feature that we think could be improved. We also now use the reporting tool for putting together high level labor tracking reports at the end of each month. Thanks, 7shifts, you're the best!

Pluspunten

I love that everything is in one place so you don't have to worry about forgetting that someone sent an email or text message requesting off for a 2 week vacation 6 months ago (which is the system we previously had in place!)

Minpunten

I didn't like that you had to wait to enter employee raises until they were set to go into effect - although 7shifts has recently improved this feature so that you can set a specific date for an employee's new wage to begin!

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks so much for the review Ann! It means a lot to our team that 7shifts has been able to help your growing business optimize (and report on!) your processes and continue to be successful. Cheers to you!

Hannah

User Friendly!!!

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2020

It has been at least one thing that’s made my life a little easier over the past couple of years.

Pluspunten

I have enough experience to compare this system to others and I love this one. It’s always easy to read and understand. The colors and how it’s laid out always helps me remember my schedules. It also helps remind me what position I’ll be filling in or what time I may be able to leave work or just what the week is going to look like business-wise.

Minpunten

At times, I don’t get all the notifications that coworkers post in different groups. They’re not typically super important posts but I like to be up-to-date.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the review Hannah! We love hearing that 7shifts has made your life easier and integrates with your Toast POS.

GINGER

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

works well for what it does do.

Beoordeeld op 12-11-2020

It works well for what it does, but a few small things would make a big difference.

Pluspunten

It is pretty easy to use. I like that it has staff ph.#'s and you can call or text through app without having to create a contact in personal account. as long as a staff member is in our employ, we have the important info in an easy to find format. It is easy to request time off and switch shifts through the app as well.

Minpunten

If someone wants to trade shifts, we have to scroll through all their shifts to see if they are going to go into overtime. It does give you a general hour count, but it is hardly ever accurate as sometimes staff get sent home early, and of course the app wouldn't know that. For me it would be great if you could tap someones name and it would show all their shifts in one place, and you wouldn't have to check every day to know whether or not to approve a change, like you wouldn't want to approve a 3rd double shift in a row, but without double checking every day, you don't know exactly what shifts a staff member has or will work.

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the great, detailed review Ginger! We really appreciate your feedback and I've passed this along to our development team.

Becca
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Events and 7shifts

Beoordeeld op 31-8-2021

It has been way better that hot schedules and I am happy thus far especially with the customer service !

Pluspunten

I like that I can use it on my phone or computer!

Minpunten

Sometimes the publishing gets confusing and I can’t find workers when I need them

Toast POS

More user friendly

Overgestapt van

We got both

Antwoord van 7shifts Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thanks for the kind words Becca!