NCR Counterpoint

Michael
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

a very scalable and configurable solution.

Beoordeeld op 1-8-2018

Pluspunten

Report filters are all customizable and written using the industry standard "crystal reports" report writer so any report can be changed. All forms are customizable as well.

Minpunten

Can't take manufacture's coupons in a grocery environment. Gateway fees for merchant card processing can be pricey for businesses that are high volume like grocery stores.

Sean

Beoordeeld op 1-9-2011

My Company recently made the switch to CounterPoint Enterprise SQL 8.4 and would like to share my experience with Radiant Systems. We have been in business for over 50 years and have had several different POS systems and CounterPoint has been the best system by far. Implementing a new system is never easy but with the help of OneStep Retail Solutions this has been the easiest and the quickest implementation I have ever done.

There are so many POS systems on the market finding the best fit for your business is a very difficult decision. Kevin McAdams and Jay Shore with OneStep Retail Solutions took the time to learn our business needs and recommended CounterPoint as the best solution. After using the system for over a month now I am glad I took their advice because this is a great system.

The CounterPoint Gateway for processing credit cards is very fast. The touch screen terminals make ringing up customers quick and easy. The ability to customize searches and change the information displayed through the column designer makes looking up the information a breeze. The reporting is equally fast, flexible and easy to use for all of our staff members.

Blythe Franks, our business analyst from OneStep Retail Solutions has played a key role in making this transition from our old system to CounterPoint. Her experience and knowledge of the product has made implementation and integration of the system quick and easy. With her insight we were able to customize CounterPoint to meet all of our business needs making our company more efficient than ever.

Sean Kinney
IT Manager
Hi-Time Wine Cellars

Donna

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Product is fair ... but they will nickle and dime you to death ...

Beoordeeld op 16-7-2016

Pluspunten

What I like best about Counterpoint is that it is a functional way to ring up sales and manage inventory.

Minpunten

Where do I begin? Well, when I first got this program in 2010, I paid an extraordinary amount for 40 hours of one-on-one phone/online training. When we hit 35 hours, I still did not know how to ring up a single sale! They were training me in the "details" of what Counterpoint could be programmed to do. I finally said, "Stop! I don't need to know any of this. Teach me how to enter inventory, create receivers and purchase orders, and how to ring up sales with discounts, etc." And, guess what, the guy teaching me know how to do any of that! It was so ridiculous. So I switched (they don't let you do this easily) from the company I purchased Counterpoint from to Rapid POS as my training company, and they were better. They, at least, knew how to operate the software!

Andy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Counterpoint is a Remarkable Product!

Pluspunten

We have been using Counterpoint for 2 years now, our experience has been positive on all levels of our organization. Our accounting team, retail operations, and our Information Technology team have all had enormous successes with installation, training, reporting, etc. Bank card processing is secure, easy to implement and maintain. Cashiers catch on very quickly, customers love the ease of use.

Minpunten

Negatives are minimal, seems as if support sometimes is a bit slow in coming, some of the SQL database configurations pose a bit of a challenge, but overall satisfaction remains high.

Gary

Beoordeeld op 17-8-2011

We have been using CounterPoint software for over 10 years. The solution serves the retail environment well - it is easy to use and easy to teach new staff to use. Radiant has continued to develop it to meet the new world of Internet sales and marketing. I love the fact that our online store integrates into our retail database. As a result, we only have to worry about one set of data that updates to our website with two easy clicks.

I also have to say that customer service is very good. Our CounterPoint reps, Sandy and Kevin, are super. Sabrina helps us maintain, develop and keep up our website, and she is terrific. They are responsive and helpful, and really try to help us understand and solve problems. The online help portal is also good, and teaches as well as solves problems.

Overall, I would recommend CounterPoint to those who need a point of sale system, and/or Internet software that is very sophisticated in capability, but remains easy to use.

Kalah
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

NCR Silver Review

Beoordeeld op 9-12-2016

I like all the back office features of NCR, there's actually more features than we will use for our small tobacco shop, but I like that they are there if we ever decide to implement them. NCR offered to input all of our inventory for us, but we decided to do it ourselves so we could become more familiar with the software. At times I wished we had just had NCR input our inventory because it did take awhile, but I feel like I have a better handle on a lot of the features now.

The checkout process is simple, it's easy to look up an item without a barcode, and it's simple to apply discounts.

Sonam
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 501-1.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Customer is God

Beoordeeld op 31-7-2018

Pluspunten

This pos is designed to keep in mind the customers so it is very easy to use and operate and also provide good customer support

Minpunten

Need to enhance more features.
Need to work on processing time so that processing would take less time.

Marcus

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Simple to use easy to learn.

Beoordeeld op 2-7-2015

Pluspunten

The easy to use interface makes it easy to work with.

Minpunten

It has some issues from time to time but they're compatibility server issues.

Shahbaz
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 51-200 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

User friendly but not very practical

Beoordeeld op 8-11-2016

As a Buyer & Inventory Control Manager I have to use it on a daily basis but it does not serves my purpose on a larger scale.

User Friendly, Easy to use

Minpunten

Not compatible with many scanners and RFID's.

Matt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Helps improve bottom line

Beoordeeld op 23-12-2014

Pluspunten

Well-designed software program. It's intuitive to use, and it's very easy to use and train employees.

Minpunten

Some unnecessary software that we do not use in our daily use.

Sandy

Beoordeeld op 13-6-2011

Bark N Purr is a pet supply business that focuses on cats and dogs. In the last 6 years, we have implement 4 different POS systems. Two of them were actually unusable due to flaws in the software. These systems also did not have all the capabilities we were looking for - specifically eCommerce and better ordering tools.

We decided on CounterPoint v8.3.9 because of its eCommerce integration and ordering flexibility. The system was very user-friendly and took very little time to train my staff on basic Ticket Entry, inventory maintenance and receiving. In fact, I think most of the staff was a little bored during the training because the software is so intuitive.

The ordering capabilities are outstanding. During this recession we have seen a shift in our business from one foot to another. Prior to CounterPoint, we established Min/Max quantities for each item. Ordering with Min/Max meant that these levels had to be constantly reset as our business changed. We now use a combination of Days of Supply and Min/Max which has greatly reduced the amount of time spent on orders.

Our support has been excellent with most problems are resolved immediately. In fact, the only thing I do not like in CounterPoint is the report structure using multiple lines for each item. I find the reports difficult to read and waste paper.

Martin
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: Zelfstandig ondernemer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Perfect for Starting Entrepreneurs!

Beoordeeld op 21-11-2016

I had just started a facebook page for my online e-commerce store and wanted a site and a pos system to take orders! I did not want to pay for cheap software and have to open source code the rest for myself nor did I want to pay over the top price and have features that I did not know if I would be able to use just yet with money I know I do not have right now. I just needed to take payments online, keep in contact with customers, and look professional all at the same time!

Pluspunten

Professionalism in customer service, which is better than cheap junk software and never having IT help you, may as well buy a cheap car to break down on the freeway the next day.

Minpunten

At first, I was concerned on the price, which did present a problem for my small new business however it quickly paid back for itself in value and investment!

Ronetta

Beoordeeld op 23-10-2013

We are a retail gift/novelty/tobacco store that has used this software for eight years.

This...

This software is expensive, tech support is very expensive, and in our experience, tech support charged us even for informing them of bugs and glitches. When we tried to enter tax codes on loyalty cares for Missouri, they went against the Department of Revenue codes, but our understanding is that there is no way to fix it. There is no way to easily track consignment sales. The software would not print Z tapes on receipt paper, but only on 8x12 paper with the margins cut off. There is not a SKU lookup that employees can access without seeing costs of goods. There is no way to print small barcodes unless you print them on butterfly labels and waste half of them. The software does not come with a manual. The help button didn't work half the time. The Crystal Reports feature does not work.

It was a very expensive program, and the cost is ongoing. You have to pay subscription dues yearly for the software and a call to tech support is always a significant charge, which we had to pay even when we didn't feel the issue was resolved.

Fatimah
  • Sector: Kleding en mode
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Great for starters!

Beoordeeld op 14-11-2016

I was juggling and running out of time with which POS system to use for my online fashion business. So many options but I don't know why my heart didn't feel right on them.
This was my first POS system and it had everything I needed!

Pluspunten

Helped me remember my customers for all
Our specials and coupons.
Made us look extremely professional when taking their orders and payments online!

Minpunten

It may be too much to ask but since it has given me a lot, I've become bold, but essentially to integrate social media like a Facebook shop or instagram

Kelvin

Review of NCR Counterpoint

Beoordeeld op 22-7-2015

Pluspunten

Has everything that's necessary for a retail store.

Minpunten

Not always intuitive in finding options needed to complete a task. Takes a while to learn where everything is and how to use the product.

Dustin
  • Sector: Musea en instituten

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Counterpoint

Beoordeeld op 15-9-2016

Pluspunten

Can't think of anything in particular that I like.

Minpunten

The system is not user friendly and the reports and help are not intuitive or easily customizable

Mark

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Takes too much time to customize and setup.

Beoordeeld op 12-9-2015

Pluspunten

Extremely customizable. has a lot of flexibility but be prepared to spend lots of time setting it up

Minpunten

Need a full time programmer to keep things running.

Sasha

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

This software is helpful and increases our productivity in many ways.

Beoordeeld op 11-8-2016

Pluspunten

How easy it is to understand and use which play an important role.

Minpunten

The fact we can't use quite as many functions as we'd like to.

Katherine
  • Sector: Restaurants

I enjoy working with NCR Counterpoint

Pluspunten

I really enjoy how simple, straightforward and user-friendly this system is...it makes tasks easy and clear. I find that I can easily accomplish tasks through this system, and have plenty of time left over to do other things that I need to get done at work. As a trainer at my company, I also find that training new employees to utilize NCR Counterpoint is relatively easy.

Minpunten

I wish that the graphics were a bit more catchy and colorful. I find that though I like the simplicity of NCR Counterpoint, including the visual aspect of it, it would be fun if it got a graphic makeover. I've been utilizing it for almost 2 years now, and am slightly bored of the graphics...just being totally honest.

Lawrence
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

One of the Most Functional POS

Beoordeeld op 29-1-2019

Pluspunten

NCR Counterpoint is an amazing product, i can customize anything on this tool. Reports could be done smoothly and quickly.

Minpunten

There is nothing to dislike about this product, it was a great experience for me. I highly recommend it.

Kevin

Very Useful for Retail Management

Pluspunten

It is very easy to organize what you need to do across multiple accounts for office workers and salespeople. Having it store every transaction is definitely the best aspect needed for all POS software.

Minpunten

There's nothing wrong with the software that I've encountered at all.

David

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

CounterPoint at Learning Express

Beoordeeld op 9-10-2014

Pluspunten

The software was easy to learn, performs exactly as we expected, and gives us a modern, state-of-the-art POS system. The vendor was very knowledgeable and executed the data conversion flawlessly.

Minpunten

Updates are expensive and require additional installation expenditures. The vendor charges some ludicrous prices for supplies, and they are expensive on support. It sometimes feels that we are being nickeled and dimed.

Enrique
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

Easiest software ever

Beoordeeld op 31-1-2017

I have been using counterpoint for eight years, I have learned the back and technical customizations part and it can't be done by almost anyone.

Very easy to use

Minpunten

There is very little to not like.

Laura
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 11-50 werknemers

It's everywhere

Beoordeeld op 29-11-2016

I have seen this system almost everywhere I go. It works perfectly with small and big companies as well. Using this system will help your company big time.

Gary
  • Sector: Restaurants

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Software is useless if it can't get implemented

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2014

Pluspunten

The best thing about our POS is Secure Access and being able to dial in from anywhere

Minpunten

There are too many to list. They were two months late on installation. It's been four months now, and all of the contracted features still aren't implemented.