Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate reviews

Klantenondersteuning
Sorteren op

Geverifieerde reviewer

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Best accounts management system for Construction and real estate companies

Beoordeeld op 7-2-2023

Pluspunten

Easy of use . Not required any expertise to use this program. We can make functions,modules using crystal reports program. Very easy to build new modules. Maintaing inventory, job postings , invoice design and printing, batch management becomes easy .

Minpunten

If it has any API to intigration with SIMEM plant, Marcantonin Plant data bases that will be of great feature .

Hailey
  • Sector: Architectuur en planning

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Perfect program for tracking jobs, invoices, POs etc.

Beoordeeld op 6-9-2023

Overall its a great resource to have for managing your business.

Overall its a great resource to have for managing your business.

Pluspunten

In my position, I use job cost and accounts receivable most. I like that I'm able to set up a job with ease and keep track of all expenses associated with that job. I can look up a job quickly using job cost, enter invoices, enter direct costs. etc.

Minpunten

I love using sage but I have run into one problem. We only have 1 user at a time so If I'm in job cost entering direct costs and someone tries to log on, not knowing I'm already using it, it interrupts the system and I cant save what I have entered. I have to erase and start all over.

Donna

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

Sage 300 CRE needs help!

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

Quite honestly I used to be a "raving fan" of Sage/Timberline. I would attend the TUG conferences, enjoyed networking with other Sage users and learning things that we could do to improve our process and procedures. After attending several of these I started to realize that nothing was changing. Lots of empty promises for improved functionality with little to no changes other than patches and fixes. Unfortunately we are starting to look at other options because it feels that nothing will improve.

Pluspunten

I would have to say that 22 years ago when I starting using and implementing Sage 300 (Timberline) there were many pros with industry leading solutions for the construction industry, unfortunately, that is no longer the case.

Minpunten

Sage 300 CRE is stuck in a rut. There is always "promise" of updates and better user interface but literally nothing ever happens. The fact that you can't even use the system remotely on a standard laptop has been frustrating beyond anything I have dealt with this last year. Sage seriously needs to get current with user's expectations.

Overwogen alternatieven

Viewpoint Spectrum en ComputerEase

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

I am starting to look at these products to transition over to. I am not happy at all anymore with Sage 300 CRE

Antwoord van Sage

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Sage products and services. We strive to deliver the best experience possible for Sage customers. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand how we can exceed your expectations in the future.

Darrin
Darrin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Sage is a bit clunky but gets the job done

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018

Pluspunten

The separate modules work very good. Certified Payrolls are easily done thru the payroll module. Payables and Receivables modules work nicely, with some help. Has a ton of reports available.

Minpunten

Although it has a lot of reports, they are hard to find the one you want/need. The separate modules seem like they came from separate companies sometimes and without an expert help or customer support, it would be really hard to get what you need out of them. I have had to pay for custom reports to be done to get what I need several times.

Thamsanqa
  • Sector: Vastgoed

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

T.MPOFU Review sage 300

Beoordeeld op 29-5-2023

Pluspunten

i like this system because it makes it easy to users like me who are in the construction and real estate sector to run projects on time and deliver the best.

Minpunten

nothing much really but i can mabey say they can try reduce the price abit so that it has a wider reach to their users.

Brittany
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Sage 300 Construction

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2020

It seems like the software has a lot of possibilities but everything seems to be manual and not update automatically. Should have more reports available at purchase vs. needing to have someone create custom reports.

Pluspunten

Job Cost module is very helpful. It could have options that are more easily accessible to add change orders and paid date on the job cost reports.

Minpunten

That the entries in one module don’t post to every other module.

Antwoord van Sage

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

Stephen  Olawale
Stephen Olawale
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

RELIABLE AND ACCURATE ACCOUNTING SYSTEM FOR THE CONSTRUCTION JOB

Beoordeeld op 9-7-2019

SAGE is an amazing application for preliminary stage cost estimation of construction works, and at the post contract stage, great for project management.

Pluspunten

Easy to customize for report generation, navigation on the interface is also very easy, the accounting system is very reliable organised and accurate, it’s a versatile and rich application, I think I still need to learn more to maximize the potential of SAGE

Minpunten

The customer support needs to be more responsive to questions about some of the application features, the application is a complex one, I think, we need a tutorial program or forums to learn more about this application, so many features I need to know about. Thanks.

Louise

Sage 300

Beoordeeld op 9-8-2023

Pluspunten

Batch entry for invoicing, to be able to create multiple batches and update accordingly for the GL to balance on a monthly basis

Minpunten

Convoluted reporting, invoice correction once uploaded is a difficult process to reverse

DAVID

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate Review

Beoordeeld op 14-5-2019

I have been using this software for a long, long time. It used to be called Timberline Software. It has always worked properly and performed well for accounting and reporting.

Pluspunten

Very stable. Does the job of accounting and reporting for both real estate and construction entities.

Minpunten

No drill down ability. Reports do not normally print in excel automatically.

Maureen
Maureen
  • Sector: Magazijnen/opslag

sage 300...

Beoordeeld op 6-12-2018

i used it everyday for work task ... its pretty much is easy if you understand how to use it

Pluspunten

I used this for work job at my office... need to like it because i used it for entering the order of my work duty

Minpunten

really need to understandable step by step to be able to use it...

Lori

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

Where are the user instructions available for special reports and features?

Pluspunten

I did not do the integration, that was done by IT and they do not use the same day to day features that most users deal with. I'm sure the system is much easier for the IT people, but it needs to be easy or have instructions available for the every day majority of the users in the office. It seems very easy for day to day use for the majority of the work done in the office, there are just a few reports and features that would be nice to have. Possibly they are available but I'm not sure where to get instructions.

Minpunten

We were not provided with any sort of ongoing instructions or help for specific issues that we encountered after we fully implemented and starting using the software. Sometimes it will take a while to get use to something to realize you need other types of reports/information or functions, we had to just learn by trial and error. There is limited space when adding Vendors and no way (at least not know to us) to get rid of a vendor once it is added. We ended up with MANY double entry vendors. Additionally, making a vendor inactive in AP does not stop that vendor from being used in the SM module which creates issues importing. One of the biggest problems we have had is that the PO field allows users to accidentally type in random various characters, such as a / or lower case letters, which causes an error in the program importing. The system does not recognize the random characters which has cause a never ending loop posting. The system should not even allow someone to put in a character it will later not recognize, as we now have no way to get rid of these errors. Even customer service cannot fix the problem. We have POs that now have 492 lines as they are stuck in a loop and every day that we post another line gets added. Also we could use a reference guide on how to run specific reports we desire.

Antwoord van Sage

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Paul
  • Dagelijks 1-5 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Pros and Cons of Sage 300

Beoordeeld op 11-12-2020

Pluspunten

On par with some other offerings, but does not excel in any specific area, hence no one are where it really excels.

Minpunten

The overall accounting approach to how information is presented is lagging, in my opinion. Various inquiries need to be made in order to retrieve specific vendor, or client information, instead of making the reports and inquiries available through either the A/P, or A/R modules - all of them. The software also needlessly complicates interaction with the GL through the Cash Management and the Register feature(s), all this in my opinion should be centered around and through the GL module. Certain options under Agings are also puzzling, offering various reports that have little to do with actual aging(s), such as presenting the outstanding amounts in aged-buckets. When one is also more used to dealing with Debits and Credits, Sage presents some of these as 'Additions' or 'Subtractions'... which takes away the purely accounting approach to dealing with transfers, and debit and credit activity within various GL accounts, while a non-accountant might find the 'Additions' and 'Subtractions' easier to work with when it comes to dealing with actual bank accounts, the layout becomes more puzzling when dealing with other, non-cash accounts, where straight up Debit and Credit columns would be a lot more appropriate - for any entries. The 'Register' module mitigates this to some extent by a pop-up box, where some of this is automatically pre-filled, but in my opinion it's just an extra step that adds to the confusion and easiness of entries through GL only.

Nathan

Beoordeeld op 6-11-2013

I have used Sage 300 since 2010 and have found it the most troubling accounting software I have encountered. It has the capability to do a lot, but the product is so difficult to use that it makes doing a lot impractical, at least for a smaller company.

Sage acquired Master Builder in around 2008 and has yet to implement many of the "smart" features I had expected after they bought it from Intuit in that acquisition. In Master Builder/Sage 100, you can drill down on just about any field or report for more data. This drill down does not exist in Sage 300. The built-in calculator in Sage 100 is so handy; it does not exist in 300. The feature to advance the date using the + and - keys in 100 does not exist in 300. The feature to verify successful check runs through a certain check number does not exist in 300.

The use of non-accounting terms intermixed with accounting terms is frustrating to me. When looking at the Cash Management Module, it refers to Debits and Credits as Additions and Subtractions. It posts certain entries as a Negative Debit instead of a Credit or vice-verse. GL is driven by the modules and never the opposite. In 100, you can enter accounting entries and have the job costs updated, but not in 300. If you have to enter a GL transaction that will affect job costs, you have to then go into the job cost module and enter a direct job cost and debit and credit the same account for a net zero GL affect.

It can only print one thing at a time. Let me clarify; you open one report, an AP aging. You realize you paid a vendor more than you thought. You then run an open invoice list for that vendor. You realize they haven't been paid on a draw that they should have. You then decide to print the Open Invoice list to give to the PM, Controller, etc., but you can't. The first report that is open gets the print priority. Then if you try to close your AP aging to print your Invoice list, you can't. When you opened the second report, apparently the first report tells the second that it is not allowed to print. You then have to close the second report and re-run it.

My biggest issue with 300 is that it is extremely prone to being out of balance with itself. That phrase may not make sense to most accounting users. I am referring to the concept of the GL not matching the AP, AR, Cash, etc modules. I have had so many instances of something being off; most recently, certain sales accounts were showing a previous balance after closing the fiscal year. This required manually changing the previous year account balance on the sales account and changing the retained earnings by the same amount. These sort of internal errors are very scary to me because Sage doesn't know why they happen, and if it can happen in one place, it can happen just about anywhere, I would think.

Sage support is decent; they are all pretty used to the odd quirks and defects of the program, so they seem to be able to get these problems solved.

If you are a daily user of the software, I would recommend not getting Sage 300.

Alan

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Yesterdays technology for yesterdays prices.

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

The only benefit can think about using Sage is the money I could make building add-ons and consulting opportunities it provides because it lacks the basics. Financial reporting is a joke.

Pluspunten

It works. It's fairly cheap. Not that buggy. I assume this is so because you haven't hired a team of developers since the late 90s. I'd bet the head of the user experience if you have one, has been ready to retire for the last ten years.

Minpunten

You have not put any effort into improving the product. For example how hard would it be to put a link from the transaction inquiry to the entry batch by clicking a button. The standard reporting is terrible. Have you ever asked what an accounting team needs? Also, in 2021 one should be able to copy and paste into your tables (e.g. JEs). Another example of how sloppy your user experience is when you close the books for the month, someone has to open the prior month one at a time. We have 90 companies. I had to program a python script to do this! I also use an Oracle product for financial reporting.

Obada

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best guarantee to complete the work within the budget

Beoordeeld op 20-1-2022

I consider myself lucky because the company I work for uses Sega300, as it has a pivotal role in organizing all the functions of the work team, and also a great role in organizing the financial affairs of projects, and through it we avoid mistakes when preparing bills and financial reports. Keeping track of the work by ensuring that you do not exceed the specified budget.

Pluspunten

It is one of the best tools for estimating the business value and managing project finances. Sega300 enables construction companies of all sizes organize and track tasks. In short, the Sega300 tells project managers what they need to do, and owners what their firm is actually about. The Sega300 eliminates duplicate entries by integrating and updating modules in real time. The Sega300 protects data transmission by limiting access to authorized individuals only. It will guard against changing financial data or losing jobs. The sequential and traffic order of customers and vendors helps integrate monthly accounting surveys for settlements and retrieve invoices accurately and efficiently.

Minpunten

There is nothing undesirable, it just needs some training to learn how to work correctly, and after completing the training, you will find it easy and quick to implement the required operations and extract reports.

Larry

1990s product still held together with duct tape

Pluspunten

I have experience with it and can cope with it.

Minpunten

It's insane that recording transactions in AP need to be separately posted in other modules. It's crazy that I can't run a general ledger transaction report with a job number. Why do we have to purchase separate software (Office Connector) in order to extract data with the flexibility we need? If I run are report and print it from the report menu, you shut the menu down and make me reselect all of the filters, is this intentional just to piss me off? Why can't I resize and save the screens such as the AP invoice inquiry screen or the GL inquiry entry screen? Why are so many screens kept as small as possible so that I am forced to function like I'm looking through a key hole(GL Change Entries) Why can't I enlarge that screen so I can see the full line of data and a much larger list of lines? This program needs to be at least brought into the 21st century if you can't get it modernized to today's standards. We are seriously considering modern software such as CMIC.

DeAnne
  • Sector: Fabricage van elektrische/elektronische producten

Sage Recommendation

Beoordeeld op 27-10-2020

Pluspunten

I started to use Sage 300 back when it was called Timberline. I implemented it at the Drywall company I was working at. The software is very user friendly and is very easy for anyone to use. I perfected the software use when I went to a General Contractor that was already using the software. When I first interviewed for my current position, in my interview I couldn't stop talking about Sage. That was the reason I was hired. I have once again implemented Sage from a manual system.

Minpunten

I don't like the was the Job Cost module changed and would love it to go back to the old set-up screen. I used to use the condition button for looking for set up mistakes and not I literally need to go thru each job looking at the set-up.

Also in the Payroll module I wish the reports and generating accruals would be able to use the daily entry grid instead of have to enter the date for each entry. I went for one entry per employee week to forty. That's not cost effective to get the work done.

John
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 2-10 werknemers

Aging Product with No Future

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

I've been close enough to the product and support to know the many failings for well over a decade.

Pluspunten

I like the ability to be able to write reports that are meaningful and exactly what I need.

Minpunten

The fact that Sage will never update the core of the software and just keep creating software additions to add functionality while still charging an annual fee for tax updates will bury this product eventually.

Andy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 0.0 /10

10 years behind

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

The software is long overdue for an overhaul, but it works.

The software is long overdue for an overhaul, but it works.

Pluspunten

Stability. Continued support. Customization to meet needs of construction accounting. Reliable. It just works 99.9% of the time.

Minpunten

Sage has done nothing to improve the product in the past 20 years. It is basically the same interface. The addition of desktop app was an attempt to bring a modern feel to Sage, but it is basically the same program. Upgrading the software costs me a full day of downtime to upgrade server and all of our workstations every year. Surely, there could be a better way to upgrade. Project management is light years behind other PM solutions out there.

ALAN

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Controller

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

The owner/ management likes the various reports I am able to produce from the system. Overall, we are pleased with the Sage product.

Pluspunten

all the accounting applications are integrated making it easy to run reports and pull information from the data.

Minpunten

Recently have noticed a decline in customer service. It appears it has been outsourced. The telephone connections are poor and it is often difficult to understand their English. Oftentimes they are not able to answer the call and you get put back into the queue which is frustrating.

About a year-ago we purchased the Sage Service Operations for workers in the field to submit their hours. We had higher expectations from the software but it has not been as smooth as we were told. Running reports from it is difficult, the workers in the field are not pleased with it and the back office having to spend a lot of time correcting mistakes because the software is not user-friendly.

Ra-Set

Solid expandable software

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

good software can expand to your needs but customer service is not responsive enough, not quick responding to business needs. Need better hours of customer service operation (open before 9am EST) and need more people to answer technical service requests via phone wait time way too extensive!!

Pluspunten

payroll & accounting modules are great tools

Minpunten

crashes easy, data loss or corruptibility not hard to realize

James

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Good product, frustrating reporting, is Sage looking forward?

Beoordeeld op 13-8-2021

Solid ERP software. Expensive to get all the "bells and whistles". Requires work outside the software to get useful information efficiently.

Pluspunten

Once trained, easy to use. Good security policies in place to allow multiple users with access to only what they need.

Minpunten

Cumbersome to get information out. If you want Job information about an AP invoice, you need to look at two different inquiries because the job info is in the Job Cost database while you are looking in the Accounts Payable database, or vice versa. Even with daily time entry, the Payroll module doesn't offer an inquiry or report to get daily info about an employee (Job charged to, EQ used, etc.) Finally, why doesn't Sage have any plans to develop a 64-bit ODBC driver? The whole world is going to 64-bit Windows platforms, but have to use 32-bit Spreadsheet software to use the ODBC connection to access the information that should be available from within the software itself.

Teri

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Sage 300CRE review

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

While the support staff is very responsive and friendly, there is just things that aren't setup properly and Sage won't fix them.

Pluspunten

Entering AP, PR etc. is easy to use and understand. It's nice that all of the modules work together.

Minpunten

There are just too many bugs. Some times the software just doesn't work. Example - we process a purchase order, when we finish we select to print the PO and it just doesn't happen. We have limits setup in payroll for deductions and the system continues to take the deduction past that limit. There is just a lot of quirks with the system that Sage refuses to fix.

Deborah

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

Overall I can find, research just bout anything as I learn the system.

Overall I can find, research just bout anything as I learn the system.

Pluspunten

Once learned the program parts for my position I can work through most anything with ease.

Minpunten

There are still missing features. Cannot pull a report by customer name under the inquiry option only the customer number. You cannot pull up a customer by customer name in service management when creating the work orders. You cannot adjust an invoice in service management unless you post over, then void and then make corrections. And finally unless you know the whole system reports can be quite complicated. WE are not able to export information in Service Management to excel as we need. WE have to pull reports from multiple areas to get information. Have ot been able to import documents to attach to the work orders.

John

Timberline Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

We are a $30M A&E/Construction company.

We are a $30M A&E/Construction company.

Pluspunten

Decent functionality once you get it working. Price to function seems good. I have a hard time saying anything else good. If you can live with the cost of frustration, you will probably eventually say its worth it. I've used it for 10 years!

Minpunten

Sage provides almost "ZERO" support. Don't let them lie to you. I have used this product for over 10 years and my level of frustration remains very high. They will not support you after the software/conversion is done. You get pushed to a very few, custom Crystal Report writers who are incredibly overloaded. So all the promise of great dashboards, custom reports (which you have to have! For your own business!) is for naught. Just add 6 months to your process which is absolutely not an exaggeration. Let's just say it like it is. After the sale, Sage does not care about you.