Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Gebruiksgemak
Klantenondersteuning
Sorteren op

• Klantenondersteuning

I use this daily in my profession

Beoordeeld op 7-3-2018

Pluspunten

Very stable environment that is always striving to keep up with technology. The support staff have a vast knowledge of the construction industry and the various accounting needs that go along with that.

Minpunten

Can be hard to learn at first, but the support and training staff are able to bring users up to speed.

Carol

SAGE300

Beoordeeld op 16-8-2021

Pluspunten

The thing we like most about this softwares is the ease of use by everyone from the beginner to the advanced.

Minpunten

That the SAGE300CRE and my FAS are not integrated with the equipment module. It would make things a whole lot more efficient if these would work together.

Overwogen alternatieven

FOUNDATION

Redenen om over te stappen op Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

SAGE has a better reports option than Foundations
Amy

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Good for Construction

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

I have used Sage 300 for years. Many companies use it although I find that it needs some element of support or a strong user on the team to resolve things that come up. Office Connector is a nice addition as many reports are not available out of the box...such as a CashFlow Statement and a good WIP report that can be modified and adjusted. You can write into the software so many applications can share data which is a plus. I feel like we have multiple additional technologies to make up for all the short-comings of Sage. Their support however, is amazing. Very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Additionally, the SageKnowledge Base can answer most questions a user has so there are solutions, but takes a bit to get familiar with how to find what you are looking for.

Pluspunten

I like its ability to link with multiple applications including PROCORE, HH2, Paperless.

Minpunten

Out of the box financial reports are limited and it is not super intuitive in my opinion. We are currently running desktop in a hosted environment. I think I would have preferred the cloud based package.

Antwoord van Sage Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your business and look forward to helping drive your continued success in construction and real estate.

Darrin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Sage is a bit clunky but gets the job done

Beoordeeld op 19-4-2018

Pluspunten

The separate modules work very good. Certified Payrolls are easily done thru the payroll module. Payables and Receivables modules work nicely, with some help. Has a ton of reports available.

Minpunten

Although it has a lot of reports, they are hard to find the one you want/need. The separate modules seem like they came from separate companies sometimes and without an expert help or customer support, it would be really hard to get what you need out of them. I have had to pay for custom reports to be done to get what I need several times.

Beth
  • Sector: Vastgoed

Sage 300 CRE

Beoordeeld op 25-5-2022

Overall - excellent experience with Sage. Customer service is excellent and the software does what we need it to do.

Pluspunten

I like that SAGE 300 CRE is able to work for our company in managing our rental portfolio, new construction jobs, and general ledger accounting.

Minpunten

It may take some time to train new employees on the software, as it is so robust, there is a learning curve.

Arianna

Sage for Construction

Beoordeeld op 17-11-2022

Overall experience with Sage is good.

Pluspunten

There are a lot of options in Sage. Once you get the hang of the software it is pretty easy to use. It is fantastic for reporting and tracking projects start to finish.

Minpunten

It is a little dated and can run pretty slow at times.

Brittany

Sage 300 Construction

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2020

It seems like the software has a lot of possibilities but everything seems to be manual and not update automatically. Should have more reports available at purchase vs. needing to have someone create custom reports.

Pluspunten

Job Cost module is very helpful. It could have options that are more easily accessible to add change orders and paid date on the job cost reports.

Minpunten

That the entries in one module don’t post to every other module.

Antwoord van Sage Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for submitting a product review. Your feedback is invaluable to the continued improvement of products and services from Sage.

• Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

• Klantenondersteuning

My experience with Sage 300 has been decent.

Beoordeeld op 1-2-2018

Pluspunten

My favorite thing about this software is the wide variety of reports and information you can access. It allows you to monitor costs on projects in several different ways.

Minpunten

What I like least about this software is how the user interface is setup. I feel it could be more user friendly and easier to navigate. It needs a good amount of practice and training to quickly use the full potential of the software.

Stephen Olawale

RELIABLE AND ACCURATE ACCOUNTING SYSTEM FOR THE CONSTRUCTION JOB

Beoordeeld op 9-7-2019

SAGE is an amazing application for preliminary stage cost estimation of construction works, and at the post contract stage, great for project management.

Pluspunten

Easy to customize for report generation, navigation on the interface is also very easy, the accounting system is very reliable organised and accurate, it’s a versatile and rich application, I think I still need to learn more to maximize the potential of SAGE

Minpunten

The customer support needs to be more responsive to questions about some of the application features, the application is a complex one, I think, we need a tutorial program or forums to learn more about this application, so many features I need to know about. Thanks.

Raquel
  • Sector: Administratie
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 4.0 /10

Sage 300 Property Accounting

Beoordeeld op 11-3-2022

Pluspunten

I enjoy that the system is easy to learn. It's simplicity makes it easy to find and understand the functions.

Minpunten

I think there are functions missing - I.e A way to post large entries, running custom reports, and reversing mistakes.

Kim
  • Sector: Vastgoed

Good with Property Management, Mediocre with Accounting

Beoordeeld op 17-3-2021

Whereas Sage 300 CRE does have some good functionality for property management, we are also suffering from poor accounting functionality. Some days I'm happy with the software, some days not so much.

Pluspunten

I like the Property Management side of Sage - our office manages a number of commercial real estate properties, and we are able to track the leases, and the PM side of things does link in with the accounting side of things. And I know there are more features in the PM side that we don't even use.

Minpunten

Sage 300 CRE does not mix well with any outside software. We recently took over management of a dozen new properties and we had to manually input all the data to get the new companies in our system. There was no reasonable import feature available. We could have paid someone thousands of dollars to bring basic information into the system for us, but what they could import was not everything we'd need, and there would be no previous year data option. That was frustrating.
And the accounting system is also lacking. As much as all of the modules to integrate with each other, the accounting system does not perform to my expectations. And if you want to export a report into Excel, forget it! Sure it will export the data, but not in any kind of usable format! The numbers don't export as numbers, the formatting is all skewed. I just found out that there is a 'third party' software to use as a fix, but I just spent $2500 on that fix and found out that if we want to export the income statement and balance sheet, that is an extra $800. I'm not happy with the accounting system.

Kristin

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 7.0 /10

Sage is complex, amazing and expensive.

Beoordeeld op 17-4-2017

If I wasn't working such long and demanding hours, I would like to look into Sage University educational opportunities...as I do believe many questions I STILL have, could be answered there. ONE THING that would be useful, IMHO, would be a detailed listing of the online classes/tutorials that are available, and the list of topics/subjects that they deal with.

Pluspunten

Sage is an amazing product, with so MANY complex programs and modules. There are (literally) dozens of reports and functions that I still know little to nothing about (after 3 yrs of working with the product). It's got everything a general contract would ever need, and then some. Customer support (GOLD) is awesome (tho expensive) . 99% of the time, I have had pleasant, knowledgeable, helpful, experienced assistance from Customer Support. The individuals who work in Customer Support helped me make it that first year, and there is no question of that. Their patience and their availability (and their sense of humor) helped me retain my sanity, that first year (04/14 - 04/15)....hands down.

Minpunten

The complexity of it....each module is multi-faceted and highly complex (and complicated). If a person comes on the scene (such as myself) with no prior construction experience, it's very difficult to simply "pick it up". Also, In order to have Gold Support (a genuine necessity, unless the office employee has a degree in accounting...OR...10 years of prior construction experience) is very expensive. We are a small construction company, and the thousands of dollars we pay, each year, for Gold Support, is not an easy check to write.

Mike

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Falling Behind the times

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

I have used The full suite of Sage 300CRE products long before Timberline was acquired by Sage. Unfortunately it seems that innovation and product/feature development has been very slow since the acquisition by Sage. My biggest complaint over the past 5-years is the lack of web access, which in this day and age is unacceptable, especially in a collaborative environment such as construction. This is why we have transitioned from the PM module to Procore. Fortunately Procore is fairly compatible with Sage300 CRE accounting. It’s just a shame that Sage couldn’t keep up with the times and get a cloud based PM product to market in a timely manner.

Pluspunten

Sage 300 cre is robust. It can be all encompassing with “modules”. From Estimating (which is an excellent product) through the accounting modules to project management, the workflow is pretty seamless.

Minpunten

The annual maintenance cost for a product that is not SAS is pretty high. It is not clouds accessible and project management modules has fallen behind the times, especially compared to a product like procore.

Ahmed
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 1.001-5.000 werknemers

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

The best applications for accurate accounting of supply chains

Beoordeeld op 5-12-2021

Sage 300 keep all supply chain tracking processes on track from the start until after the work is completed, which gives assurances to all supply chain participants that their entitlements and rights are known and thus facilitates transparent settlements.

Pluspunten

It is a comprehensive accounting program, useful for conducting audits and reviews of all accounts of suppliers (creditor and debtor). It integrates with many software that is used in project management, enabling users to apply comprehensive management concepts to their projects.
I like very much the ease of setup, commensurate with the needs of the project, and its integration with many applications relieves you of double entry and enables you to import or export data as needed.
With Sage 300, you will be able to accurately prepare the accounting lists for your supply chains, as you will be able to know the balance of any of the suppliers and delivery dates directly and without the need to search in invoices and files.

Minpunten

All is well and after hours of training you will be able to use it efficiently, just needs some updates to the display and some colors to get a more modern look. The program's speed must also be increased so that you can exploit more than one window at the same time.

Ashley

Dated but Robust

Beoordeeld op 14-2-2022

For your everyday construction accounting, this software works very well as long as you are located in the office. I'd love to see them modernize it and move it to the cloud, but their current cloud offering, Sage Intacct, leaves much to be desired. I'd also like to see better functionality in the Project Management portion of the software, but it seems there is no one software that handles both the accounting and operations sides well. For now, we are switching our project management to Procore since it has an integration with Sage.

Pluspunten

Sage is a very extensive platform that can handle complex accounting functions. There are a number of integrations with other software platforms that provide even more functionality, such as paperless AP approval routing, cloud timesheet entry, reporting, etc. There is also an organization named TUG that provides training via webinars and conferences and serves as an excellent resource when problems do arise.

Minpunten

The software is on-premise and requires a VPN and Remote Desktop connection if you are attempting to connect from the field. It is also very dated and the user interface could use some serious updating. Many people lack the computer skills needed to modify Crystal Reports and Report Designer Reports.

Anita

A believer.....

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

I have over 35 years experience as an account and experience with Sage less than one year. There was a significant learning curve; however, the support team is the greatest! I miss the ability to drill down into a transaction by point and click, but with this being said, I do not miss the out of balance journals/registers caused by this point and click. I came on board with this employer mid June 2020. My first impression was I hated Sage! I even contacted prior software company I had over 25 years experience with and asked them to get me a product to work with... their response "you have the best software for your industry...we can't touch it".... So, I had to pull up my big girl pants and learn Sage. Almost a year in and I feel very comfortable with this software for multiple reasons. First, their support team has been most helpful in assisting me with issues; sometimes *often* fixing my issues; and making sure I understand the steps to take to remedy these issues. Second, Sage is a very stable software. It can handle changes in payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger without having a melt down. (Prior software.....*well known program*... ledgers would suddenly not balance, payroll would be out of whack, etc... long hours tracking these out of balance issues) Lastly, Sage made me realize I am never too old to learn something new. This is the program you want for your construction company.

Pluspunten

The job costing of Sage 300 is phenomenal.

Minpunten

There was a significant learning curve when migrating from prior software to Sage.

ALAN

Controller

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

The owner/ management likes the various reports I am able to produce from the system. Overall, we are pleased with the Sage product.

Pluspunten

all the accounting applications are integrated making it easy to run reports and pull information from the data.

Minpunten

Recently have noticed a decline in customer service. It appears it has been outsourced. The telephone connections are poor and it is often difficult to understand their English. Oftentimes they are not able to answer the call and you get put back into the queue which is frustrating.

About a year-ago we purchased the Sage Service Operations for workers in the field to submit their hours. We had higher expectations from the software but it has not been as smooth as we were told. Running reports from it is difficult, the workers in the field are not pleased with it and the back office having to spend a lot of time correcting mistakes because the software is not user-friendly.

Ra-Set
  • Bedrijfsgrootte: 201-500 werknemers

Solid expandable software

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

good software can expand to your needs but customer service is not responsive enough, not quick responding to business needs. Need better hours of customer service operation (open before 9am EST) and need more people to answer technical service requests via phone wait time way too extensive!!

Pluspunten

payroll & accounting modules are great tools

Minpunten

crashes easy, data loss or corruptibility not hard to realize

Craig

Very Capable Software with Tremendous Support

Beoordeeld op 1-12-2015

Pluspunten

By far the best thing about Sage 300 is the customer support. It is simply phenomenal. For whatever shortcomings the software has, it is made up in the ability to pick up the phone and directly contact Sage employees who speak our language, understand our concern, and our very knowledgeable of their product. You don't get the "run-around" when you call in. They are very willing to remote into your computer to explain and help with troubleshooting the problem or implementing the solution. They aren't perfect as some experiences have been disappointing, but many times as I conclude a customer support phone call I am reminded just how impressed and pleased I am with their service.

Minpunten

Many of the user interfaces are somewhat archaic and not the easiest to work with. That said, there seems to be a modernization process underway that will be addressing this in future versions. There are minor quirks/irregularities with the software, but that is to be expected since it has so many capabilities and tries to fill diverse needs.

Teri

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 3.0 /10

Sage 300CRE review

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

While the support staff is very responsive and friendly, there is just things that aren't setup properly and Sage won't fix them.

Pluspunten

Entering AP, PR etc. is easy to use and understand. It's nice that all of the modules work together.

Minpunten

There are just too many bugs. Some times the software just doesn't work. Example - we process a purchase order, when we finish we select to print the PO and it just doesn't happen. We have limits setup in payroll for deductions and the system continues to take the deduction past that limit. There is just a lot of quirks with the system that Sage refuses to fix.

Antwoord van Sage Vertalen naar het Nederlands

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Sage products and services. We strive to deliver the best experience possible for Sage customers. We would welcome the opportunity to connect with you to better understand how we can exceed your expectations in the future.

John

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 1.0 /10

Timberline Customer Support

Beoordeeld op 12-12-2018

We are a $30M A&E/Construction company.

Pluspunten

Decent functionality once you get it working. Price to function seems good. I have a hard time saying anything else good. If you can live with the cost of frustration, you will probably eventually say its worth it. I've used it for 10 years!

Minpunten

Sage provides almost "ZERO" support. Don't let them lie to you. I have used this product for over 10 years and my level of frustration remains very high. They will not support you after the software/conversion is done. You get pushed to a very few, custom Crystal Report writers who are incredibly overloaded. So all the promise of great dashboards, custom reports (which you have to have! For your own business!) is for naught. Just add 6 months to your process which is absolutely not an exaggeration. Let's just say it like it is. After the sale, Sage does not care about you.

Barb

Long time Sage user

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

I've been using Sage since it was Timberline and have, for the most part, been happy with it. We use it for all of our accounting needs along with purchasing and project management.

Pluspunten

The system is very easy to use and understand. It's very flexible to meet the needs of many types of users.

Minpunten

The 3rd party modules can be a little difficult to navigate and do not have the flexibility that the other modules have. Aatrix is annoying and we have no choice but use it! The technical support seems to have gone down hill lately too. Trying to keep up with the changes since we are not officially notified when things change.

It Gets Easier

Beoordeeld op 16-3-2021

I previously had a love hate relationship with this program when I first used it in 2016, but I found out that was becasuse I wasn't properly trained on the functionality of the system. Now that I'm trained on it and had a few opportunities to pick the help desks brain I have found that it is really a great fit for the construction industry.

Pluspunten

Once you get used to the format that everything is a drill-down task then it gets easier to use. This program probably intergrates the best especially for a multi-divisional company to have a single system that does everything, A/R, A/P, Contract Management, Payroll it's great.

Minpunten

There is a large learning curve going from any other system to this one it is different but it is capable.

Falana

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 8.0 /10

A good construction project tracking software

Beoordeeld op 21-9-2017

I don't have a reason to change software products.

Pluspunten

Easy to learn and get accustomed to
Has been around a long time
Recent improvements (last 7-8 years) to the software (Xcel downloads, employee set ups, My Assistant)
More 3rd party products that communicate well or easily with Sage 300 (i.e. PO/AP software, electronic clocks)

Minpunten

I don't like the extra layer on support. It is inevitable that we need the 2nd level for almost every call.
No drill down links between modules.
There are a few things (I can't think all of now) that you can tell an accountant was not completely involved in setting up. One example, putting a negative in front a number in the credit column on some reports and not on others. The inconsistency can be confusing. Is it a credit or a negative credit (which = debit).

Mary
  • Sector: Facilitaire diensten
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Beoordeeld op 17-5-2021

I would recommend Sage to other businesses.

Pluspunten

I enjoyed the ease of Sage and getting around from one area to the next. Very self explanatory and easy to use.

Minpunten

I can't think of anything that I did not like but only have used the software for about a year.