Bench

Jij runt je bedrijf. Dit platform doet je boekhouding.

Prijs-kwaliteitverhouding

Manabu
Manabu

Solves the Startup Book-keeping Headaches

Beoordeeld op 4-10-2017

All of my book-keeping headaches are gone!

All of my book-keeping headaches are gone!

Pluspunten

I really like it that Bench people essentially leave me alone and they will do all the bookkeeping stuff for me. It is not my forte, so it is great and done at much lower price point than hiring a firm. The web interface is great and pretty much you upload your expense receipts and they will take care of it.

Minpunten

Occasionally the bank statement transfers stops, then takes a bit of trial and errors for it to work, only happens perhaps once a year or so. No biggie, but could improve it.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Manabu - Thank you for your kind words! We're thrilled to be able to ease the headache of bookkeeping for you. We've passed the message on to Nadeeshi and the rest of your team, and you've made their day much brighter. - SP

Steve
  • Sector: Managementconsulting

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Friendly, helpful staff. Software is nicely designed and easy to use. It's too expensive.

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2022

Overall, I've been very impressed with Bench. The people, organization, resources, and software are top-notch. The price, however, is too much for someone who is self-employed or a small business owner with limited transactions. I understand that you generally get what you pay for, but I don't feel that you get 10x the value over self-managed bookkeeping using Quickbooks, Freshbooks, or Wave bookkeeping software. Excellent product -- it's just not for everyone.

Pluspunten

Everyone I worked with to understand and use the bookkeeping software was friendly, professional, and helpful. The dashboard analytics was very easy to understand and is very appealing. I also like that I can export all data into a single workbook (summaries and itemized transactions).

Minpunten

I don't like that the product is so expensive. Depending on how large your business is and how many transactions you're managing, this product may be too expensive. For example, I've used Quickbooks Self-Employed for years and it's under $20/mo. In comparison, Bench (without any promotions) is hundreds of dollars per month. Granted, they are provided professional bookkeeping services as well as the software, but for a business with 50 transactions per month, it is a little overkill. It's really the only thing I don't love about Bench.

FreshBooks en Wave Accounting

Redenen om voor Bench te kiezen

I wanted to test out Bench to see if the added cost would equate to advice on how I could save more than I'm spending. To date, everyone has been helpful but I have received no recommendations.

Redenen om over te stappen op Bench

I chose Bench over FreshBooks and Wave Accounting because of the bookkeeper assistance, design of the product, and ease of use.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Steve, thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's great to hear that your team has been friendly, professional, and helpful. And that you are finding our User Interface to be appealing and easy to use.
We're concerned to hear that you feel as though you are not experiencing the price to the relative value of our product. A member of our Client Success Team will be reaching out to you shortly.

Amber
  • Sector: Marketing en reclame
  • Dagelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Warning: Do Not Use Bench Tax Services

Beoordeeld op 28-7-2023

I use it because I've already paid for the tax return to be filed with them for 2022 and don't want to have to pay twice to have it filed. I will never use them again for a tax return and feel their ability to offer this service should be revoked as I have never worked with a more unprofessional tax service.

Pluspunten

After months of back and forth with their accounting team I was finally put with an account manager who knows what they are doing and can communicate effectively

Minpunten

They are incapable of filing an accurate tax return. It is now August and they are still figuring out how to file my 2022 return. Each time they send anything over there are multiple errors they need to fix. Their response times are abysmal and their team has little to no knowledge about actual tax compliance and filling.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Amber, thank you for taking the time to continue to share your feedback with us.
We're sorry to hear about your experience and are currently looking into it. A member of our Client Success team is in active communication with you regarding this situation, and if you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Veronica
  • Sector: Bouw

Satisfied Customer

Beoordeeld op 27-5-2022

I love it. Bench tracks all expenses and the team communicates regarding expenses in question and suggest "expense categories."

Pluspunten

I love how user friendly the software is. Everything is easy to upload and the team is able to communicate with you and ask for documents or ask questions.

Minpunten

I have no complaints about any aspect of the software. Very satisfied overall.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Veronica, we're so happy to hear you're loving how user-friendly our software is, and how communicative your team has been! We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your business!

Tony
  • Sector: Fotografie

Finally a one stop shop

Beoordeeld op 18-5-2021

So far so good! Love seeing reports every month.

So far so good! Love seeing reports every month.

Pluspunten

I love that I can finally focus on what I do best. Customer service is friendly and answers all questions in a timely manner.

Minpunten

An online chat would be great for faster response. Since I don’t want to be on this platform very often, when I am, I’d like answers quickly.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi, Tony. It's great to hear that you've received the support you need to focus on other areas of your business! Your bookkeeping team can always be reached via the message feed, should you have any questions about "Huck LLC's" bookkeeping. Thanks for being with Bench!

Angela
  • Sector: Detailhandel

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Great option to take bookkeeping off my plate

Beoordeeld op 19-1-2022

I've gained more time and mental space to focus on other things since handing my books over to bench.

Pluspunten

Using bench takes bookkeeping tasks off my plate, giving me more time to focus on more important areas to grow my business.

Minpunten

I am not able to get quite as granular with monthly reports as I was doing my own books with Quickbooks, but the bookkeepers are very helpful with providing info when requested.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

It's great to hear we've been able to make your life a little easier, Angela! Thank you so much for sharing and for being with us.

John
John
  • Sector: Detailhandel
  • Wekelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 6.0 /10

Better Suited to Larger Companies

Beoordeeld op 15-7-2023

Bench is useful and helped me to navigate the early days of my company, but I could've saved a lot of money doing some of the data correlation myself and hiring a tax expert directly.

Pluspunten

I like that Bench can customize the experience and give you almost any list of metrics.

Minpunten

Bench is more expensive than other options I've tried, but much of that is my fault. Their pricing is based on working with much larger companies.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi John, we're so happy to be supporting you and your business during the growth of your company. We strive to offer competitive pricing to reflect the value of the services we provide, including access to a dedicated team of in-house bookkeepers and our proprietary software that automates many bookkeeping tasks.

Jose
  • Sector: Vervoer/over de weg/per spoor
  • Dagelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

Family

Beoordeeld op 21-4-2023

Like family

Like family

Pluspunten

The all ways there when I need them.Ever time I asked a question one day later I had a answer

Minpunten

When I was doing my taxes with bench they were on a separate platform

Hi Jose,

Thank you for the wonderful review! We are so glad to hear that your team is always there when you need it! Additionally, we want to let you know that moving forward, Bench Tax will be brought in-house, which means your taxes will be done on the same platform!

Marian
Marian
  • Sector: Internet

White Glove Service for White Collar Small Businesses

Beoordeeld op 3-11-2020

Pluspunten

The customers service is incredible. I know that there is a TEAM supporting me, while I still know the name of my main contact person. The platform is easy to use and aesthetically pleasing.

Minpunten

I have not found anything I don't like about my experience with Bench. They're awesome!

Thanks, Marian!

Scott
Scott
  • Sector: Bouwmaterialen

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Great solution for business owners looking to run lean

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019

Great customer service, on boarding was easy - it's a total set it and forget it (and rest assured you don't have to worry about it) kind of service. They make helpful recommendations to keep you as hands off as possible. Overall, highly recommend.

Pluspunten

Customer service is great - our account rep always gets back to us in at most 24 hours and always with helpful answers or information.

Minpunten

I wish tax filing (sales tax and income) was included so I could use Bench for everything.

aimee
  • Sector: Levensmiddelen- en drankenindustrie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Helpful but pricey

Beoordeeld op 4-8-2021

Generally my experience has been good. The device is expensive compared to other bookkeeping devices. My biggest concern is that in working with the company you get handed off to several different staff. It has been hard to build a relationship with my bookkeeper for this reason. I’ve found that I have to reexplain a number of our specifics over and over again because I am working with new people within the company. It would be better to be assigned to one bookkeeper, especially in our case, which included historical books and present day books. My business isnt open yet but some of the limitations in the software (particularly a lack of an A/P system) cause concern for me in considering continuing use once we are open.

Pluspunten

I like that the online interface is user friendly, albeit a little glitchy.

Minpunten

Software is glitchy and could use a bit of tweaking in order to ensure that it is more effective.

QuickBooks Online Advanced

Redenen om over te stappen op Bench

We had a decent amount of historical data that needed to be tracked and entered. This felt like a huge undertaking and we needed the assistance. Doing that was a good experience and the bookkeeper that we worked with was really helpful. I am not sure that we will continue to use the service for future months, especially once our business is open and the books become more complex.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Aimee, thank you for taking the time to share this with us! We're so happy to hear that you had a seamless experience with your historical bookkeeping. Regarding bookkeeper turnover, we completely understand how this can be frustrating in terms of user experience and this transition process is something we're actively working on improving. Building that working relationship with your bookkeeper is, understandably, quite important which is why we often recommend scheduling monthly check-in calls with your team!

Heather
  • Sector: Gezondheid, wellness en fitness
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 5.0 /10

Second time using bench

Beoordeeld op 12-8-2020

First time around was good. This time around I’m not too pleased with the person assigned to my account

Pluspunten

It’s easy to set up and use, semi affordable

Minpunten

I would like to see mileage tracking and the ability to move items to a category myself

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Heather, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We regret to hear that you are having concerns with your experience. We would like to connect with you to discuss this matter further. A member of our Client Success team will be connecting with you shortly. All the best!

Arsen
  • Sector: Administratie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 2.0 /10

After happily using Bench for almost 2 years, I DONT recommend it at all

Beoordeeld op 21-3-2022

I saw many articles about bad experiences with Bench before I decided to work with them. I also saw dozens of good reviews about them. I didn't mind bad ones and thought it won't happen to me. But it happened.

Let's talk about the service and value I got; It's just bookkeeping software with a guy sitting in front of it. They consistently put my expenses in the wrong category. I had to check all the transactions manually every time. I did this with Xero for less than $40/mo. All transactions from my bank account are automatically imported to Xero and I just need to check once a month. No value here.

I didn't mind paying +$200/mo more for the same result since we had no problem with them. I also felt more secure since there is someone on the line. They offered me to file my taxes for an additional fee. I agreed. They filed franchise and corporate taxes for 2020. Everything was smooth and simple. I decided to extend my subscription for another year.

Last month, in the middle of tax season, I received an email saying that they will not file my taxes since I am a US non-resident. I respectfully understand that they made some decisions regarding their services. I am totally ok with it, but I should be informed about this in advance.
But informing me a few weeks before the deadline, in the middle of tax season, when it's impossible to find an available CPA is a selfish attitude that shows they don't care about their clients.

Pluspunten

Standard features that all bookkeeping apps have. Syncs my bank transactions to the app. Saves time.

Minpunten

Service. I paid more only to have a human backed bookkeeping service to file my taxes. But it didn't happen.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Thank you Arsen for sharing your experience with us. We sincerely regret to hear that this has been your experience with us, as we aim to provide accurate and open communications with our clients. A member of our Client Success Team has reached out to discuss your concerns, and we have passed this review to our Bench Tax team for further review.

• Sector: Computersoftware
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Bench Service has drastically deteriorated

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2023

Their service level has gone down substantially. We have used them for years, but this year its been absolutely horrible.

Pluspunten

cost, ease of use, connection to other platforms

Minpunten

only cash basis accounting. They do not do accrual. Their service for anything like updating balance sheets with loans, etc is awful. Getting in touch with them via email or phone is next to impossible. It didnt used to be that way.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hello! Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We regret to hear that this has been your experience with us, and would like to make things right. Please email us at [email protected] so we can assist you!

Joshua
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Bench is Amazing

Beoordeeld op 14-3-2021

Bench is amazing. As a small business owner I was spending too much time categorizing expenses and correctly documenting items for the P&L or balance statement. Bench offers such an amazing service and any time I had a question or issue my Bench specialist was right there. I would highly recommend Bench to anyone who needs bookkeeping services (and their tax team is amazing as well). Couple all of that with their service team's (big shout out to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]) genuine care for you and your company and you have kind of a no brainer.

Pluspunten

The platform is intuitive and easy to use. You speak directly with the individual managing your account, which is nice for continuity. Any discrepancies are easily adjusted or annotated. It exports to multiple file types for integration with other platforms. It links with your accounts so you don't have to manually input everything. AND THEIR TEAM ACTUALLY CARES ABOUT YOU, which is a breath of fresh air.

Minpunten

Sometimes there are functionality issues with linked accounts, but usually it is because of the security protocols of the bank or account.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Wow! Thank you so much, Joshua. We are absolutely thrilled to hear about your experience. We're excited to keep providing the support you need so you can continue to grow your business!

Luisa

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 9.0 /10

Accounting for Startups

Beoordeeld op 9-11-2021

Pluspunten

We transitioned from a traditional outsourced bookkeeper to Bench and love the ability to go in and view our reports quick and easy. The team is also much quicker to finish month end reports and responds quickly.

Minpunten

The onboarding process was a bit difficult. We had to adjust our expense categories to match. We would like to use the accrual accounting adjustment but haven't been able to get help with this yet.

Pilot

Redenen om voor Bench te kiezen

The bookkeeper we used no longer met our needs as a growing startup.

Price and functionality

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Wow! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that we have been able to give you peace of mind, knowing that your bookkeeping is in great hands! It's also amazing to hear that your team has been professional, friendly and knowledgable. Thank you for sharing and for being with us, Luisa!

Patricia
  • Sector: Kunst en nijverheid
  • Dagelijks 2+ jaar lang gebruikt

Excellent Solution for Tracking Business Expenses

Beoordeeld op 5-5-2019

Bench has set my mind at ease that all of my business costs and expenditures are being accounted for successfully and tracked.

Pluspunten

Very easy to use . This product has been very useful for me to track all business expenses and have all of the required audits of my accounts while also producing annual earnings reports. Very professional.

Minpunten

It would be nice if the system was able to read the memos for checks written to determine the purpose for the expenditure rather than the business owner having to review each check and identify its purpose for the business.

• Sector: Public relations en communicatie

The Back Pocket Tool That Solved My Bookkeeping Blindspot

Beoordeeld op 20-10-2020

Overall, I find Bench.co to be an accessible, easy-to-use, game-changing bookkeeping tool and resource for entrepreneurs & SMEs. The team is efficient, friendly, patient, and thorough (even when I had an adverse reaction to tackling my stuck-point when it comes to bookkeeping and I managed to even annoy myself I was treated kindly, a currency I don't take lightly, especially this year). I even got a goodie from a referral. It felt awesome to be rewarded!

Pluspunten

We all know that transitioning from the "idea" stage of a side gig to a real independent consultancy can be tricky. Without the right mentorship or support for small businesses, many are under the impression they don't need a bookkeeper. If I had known then what I know now, it could have saved me thousands of dollars and time which is priceless to time-scarce bootstrappers with multiple streams of income. I also like that Bench.co works closely with FreshBooks so when I need help I hear from both teams when needed. It's not just the AI in software, it's the EQ and human relationships that make it all come together. Bench.com are definitely real humans which I loved!

Minpunten

A real struggle bootstrappers have is time. Therefore, it was a near emotional crisis to embrace I had to go into my documents like a surgeon to know every weird detail of each expense which is time-consuming as the names may slightly differ from the actual purchase.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! We really appreciate it.

Daniel
  • Sector: Consumentengoederen
  • Wekelijks 6-12 maanden lang gebruikt

AMT Bench Review

Beoordeeld op 16-6-2020

Bench allows us to accurately forecast our cashflow with ease.

Bench allows us to accurately forecast our cashflow with ease.

Pluspunten

Right from the beginning Bench made everything extremely easy. My bookeeping is now completely hands-off. Our bookkeeper is always very easy to reach if we have questions and learned our business practices extremely fast.

Minpunten

I wish I could combined the income statement and other reports to stretch over different years. For instance, if we could view December 2020 and January 2021 in one report instead of having to do the math that would be fantastic.

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Redenen om over te stappen op Bench

Bench is much easier to use than quickbooks.
Davis
Davis
  • Sector: Restaurants

Worst Service

Beoordeeld op 27-9-2023

We hired Bench to do some simple bank statement sync entries for the previous 6 months. They charged my credit card 1 day after signing the agreement. They never did a single entry when I say a single entry not 1.I call and talk to [sensitive content hidden] and he says they need documentation from my merchant account to begin work. I am like dude all i need is my bank account entries mapped to the chart of accounts. He says they can't start without the merchant documentation.I tell him since they haven't started please issue a refund and I will get the work done somewhere else.Now, I get directed to [sensitive content hidden] (Client Success team) about the refund on Aug 4, 2023. She responds on Sept 26, 2023. Sorry I was out sick . Here is her response to my refund request: To answer your question "Have I refunded the account" , there has been no refunds processed. The reason this has occurred is Bench is a stand-ready service (similar to Netflix). What that means is we do not process refunds for previous months of service; whether you have used the service or not.NEEDLESS TO SAY I AM IN THE PROCESS OF DISPUTING WITH THE CREDIT CARD COMPANY NOW THE $1200 THEY CHARGED ME!!!DON'T GET SCAMMED BY THIS COMPANY.

Pluspunten

I don't like anything about bench. I can't say it enough time they are horrible

Minpunten

This place is a COMPLETE RIP OFF. I hope potential customers check these reviews before purchasing from them

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Davis. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're concerned to hear about some of your frustrations and would love the opportunity to connect with you to discuss this further. We have passed this review to the Client Success team for further review.

Daniel
  • Sector: Financiële dienstverlening
  • Wekelijks 1+ jaar lang gebruikt

Very Happy With BENCH

Beoordeeld op 28-4-2022

Easy Way To Stay On Top Of My Business, Taxes & Reports.

Easy Way To Stay On Top Of My Business, Taxes & Reports.

Pluspunten

Very Easy To Use. Has many features & functionality.

Minpunten

I can't think of any. Very thorough for my particular needs.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Hi Daniel! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review!
We are excited to continue providing you the support you need so can continue to grow your business!

• Sector: Computersoftware

RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Beoordeeld op 27-4-2018

Pluspunten

Nothing food to say honestly. Never got it off the ground. When I asked for a refund it was a hassle

Minpunten

If you look around and have your ducks in a row you will find these people are price gouging businesses and their pricing tactics are horribly unfair to the prospective customer. My best advice is RUN FAR FAR AWAY!

Hi George,
I'm really sorry that your initial Onboarding experience didn't align with your expectations, and that you weren't able to experience our ongoing monthly service. We strive for clear and upfront pricing, which is why we have fixed pricing packages based on monthly expenses and add-ons. We are proud of the value we provide our clients as America's largest bookkeeping service. We do not price match with other businesses nor do we heavily discount our catch-up service. While we can't give you back your time, you have been fully refunded. We also have taken your feedback to our team to help ensure that we provide a consistent Onboarding experience and prevent situations like yours in the future. If there's more we can do to assist you, Sarah from our Client Care team is happy to speak with you further.

Brenda
  • Sector: Biotechnologie

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Bench is making my life easier!

Beoordeeld op 25-8-2020

Pluspunten

This is the easiest bookkeeping software I've ever come across. I've been a freelance art director for many years, and have used Quickbooks, Less Accounting, and Freshbooks. With each of those, I was reminded that I'm not a bookkeeper and usually ended up messing up my books somehow.

In contrast, the Bench interface is really straight forward and simple to understand, it is easy to use, and the team is really responsive. The absolute best part is having a team of bookkeepers who know what they're doing, who take care of it all for me! They reach out if there are questions, and I can check in anytime I like. I now have confidence that my books are correct, and I have more time to focus on my business.

Minpunten

So far, I've found no cons to using Bench. I only wish I would have done it sooner!

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Better late than never, Brenda! We're so thrilled to hear that we are able to support you and your business. Thanks for sharing!

Must Have for Small Business Owner

Beoordeeld op 29-4-2019

What I love is that I don't have to enter a thing! Doing the books was not only frustrating, but also time consuming. Having Bench on my side means I can focus on building and growing my business, knowing that the data that drives my decisions is solid!

Pluspunten

Bench isn't a software. It's a team of people USING a dedicated software platform to help you manage your books. This has made all the difference for me in my business. Other accounting programs didn't teach me how to manage my books or read my monthly reports. My dedicated Bench bookkeeper answers my questions, provides me resources and is a partner in helping me understand my business finances to make better decisions.

If you are a small business owner who is great with customers, but bad with books...this is your solution. Stop trying to figure it all out yourself. Call Bench and get a dedicated human to help you out! You won't be disappointed!

Minpunten

After being on such robust software platform, I miss some of the bells and whistles those packages came with. But, Bench doesn't need all that. It's intuitive and focuses on the financial reports you need to make the best decisions for your business. You may have to look outside the platform to track some of your KPI's.

Ashley
  • Sector: (Bioscoop)films

• Waarschijnlijkheid van aanbeveling 10.0 /10

Bench allowed me to go back to focusing on running my business

Beoordeeld op 18-8-2020

Pluspunten

The support team is really helpful and are quick to respond. They’ve allowed me to focus on running a business and no longer have to focus on the accounting portions of my business.

Minpunten

The only thing I don’t like is the bank integrations. They don’t have all the banks or even if tech companies like cash app or venmo.

Antwoord van Bench Accounting

Thanks, Ashley for sharing!